THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Coffee time....I never had a cup until I was 35.....first cup felt like cocaine and had me so amped I was kinda scared. Now the warm, soothing black liquid is like an old friend greeting me for breakfast every morning!!🤗🤗😋😋
I was 16yrs old, working on the R/R unloading steel.
Parked for lunch along the mainline in the desert area of BC.
The temp. that fine winter's day was -24F then with a strong breeze (might as well say it was a wind)

The cooks always prepared a thermos of hot chocolate for me instead of coffee.
Grabbed the thermos-poured a cup-this black hot liquid appeared in the cup.
2 sugars/cream and an addiction is well played still almost 50 yrs later.
This nectar has been taken pure black for the past 18yrs.

I never tasted anything so warming that morning, standing there with a dozen others freezing.
One grows up quick throwing frozen steel tie plates that weighed 23.5 lbs each all day.
The pay kept us going @ $2.833 per hour:laughing7:

I will even drink cold coffee through a straw if need be.

Oh wait... that is actually a drink now.... hmmm

Ok then.....

I will drink coffee that has been left on all day and burnt down to a semi paste... nothing a little milk cant bring back to life.

Ok ok..... I will drink coffee that was made yesterday and a new batch made on top of that.

Errrr..... alright....... ok ok.....

I will drink coffeee that......... ehhh screw it.......

I will just snort a line of chopped up coffee beans.

Ehhhh too extreme....... ok ok........ hmmm........

Then...... A HUGE Instant coffee pinch inside BOTH my cheeks (gums not the lower cheeks) and a spit cup.... ....ehhhh ?

Um...... yehhhhh

Good morning my hearties! Already busy busy! Had to take hubby to get hist truck. It had new engine and transmission put in or rebuilt or whatever. You know I don’t know that car stuff. Lol. Now I am on to shop for groceries and thanksgiving dinner. Gonna be a nice day. I’m hoping to get some swinging / digging/searching in! Bbl!

Good morning my hearties! Already busy busy! Had to take hubby to get hist truck. It had new engine and transmission put in or rebuilt or whatever. You know I don’t know that car stuff. Lol. Now I am on to shop for groceries and thanksgiving dinner. Gonna be a nice day. I’m hoping to get some swinging / digging/searching in! Bbl!
f49b4e7ea004cb59.jpg

A few years back I went pronghorn hunting in a very remote area of northern Nevada. Packed up my camp trailer and headed out there early so I could scout a few hours the eve of opening day. Excitedly rose on OD only to realize I forgot the coffee! :BangHead:
Looking in the grounds basket of the coffee pot I discovered that I didn't clean it after the last pot the previous year.
Oh, yes I did! It was waaay better than nothing. :coffee2:

I was 16yrs old, working on the R/R unloading steel.
Parked for lunch along the mainline in the desert area of BC.
The temp. that fine winter's day was -24F then with a strong breeze (might as well say it was a wind)

The cooks always prepared a thermos of hot chocolate for me instead of coffee.
Grabbed the thermos-poured a cup-this black hot liquid appeared in the cup.
2 sugars/cream and an addiction is well played still almost 50 yrs later.
This nectar has been taken pure black for the past 18yrs.

I never tasted anything so warming that morning, standing there with a dozen others freezing.
One grows up quick throwing frozen steel tie plates that weighed 23.5 lbs each all day.
The pay kept us going @ $2.833 per hour:laughing7:

The last (?) fishing trip to Canada we stopped at a Canadian tire on our way to the hinterlands.
Why I'm not sure . Perhaps a check for Williams Wablers.
Ice out was the prior week maybe. Winters slow reluctant departure a certainty though.

Where ever the store was located must factor , (not much around). But I was greeted almost too cheerfully by at least a couple locals , and grinned at by more.
Guys loitering about the parking lot en masse drinking coffee and celebrating the weather like recently sprung inmates.
Which they were in a way.
Still wearing winter boots mostly.

I heard quite a protesting admonishment/blue noise stirring of dust in the cabin one night during a card game.
An old timer getting too deep into a wager had put down a Canadian tire coupon from his wallet he had received in his change at a store thinking (or at least claiming) he thought is was Canadian currency!

I will even drink cold coffee through a straw if need be.

Oh wait... that is actually a drink now.... hmmm

Ok then.....

I will drink coffee that has been left on all day and burnt down to a semi paste... nothing a little milk cant bring back to life.

Ok ok..... I will drink coffee that was made yesterday and a new batch made on top of that.

Errrr..... alright....... ok ok.....

I will drink coffeee that......... ehhh screw it.......

I will just snort a line of chopped up coffee beans.

Ehhhh too extreme....... ok ok........ hmmm........

Then...... A HUGE Instant coffee pinch inside BOTH my cheeks (gums not the lower cheeks) and a spit cup.... ....ehhhh ?

Um...... yehhhhh
Blossom gave me a "useful" for this... lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back