THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

That’s a nice shed to work on your finds and other projects! Very cool!

As for the thing on top of the bucket — that looks like an ash shovel for cleaning out stoves. Long and thin, not very tall…. I’ve seen (and used, in my day) some like that.

Found my first true gold rush relic today. Was so excited. Maybe won't mean much to a lot but the history of it is so exciting to me I was so extremely excited to get it it's quite damaged but I don't care it's awesome to me. Not sure what it's called or if it's American or Chinese.

Attachments

• 6d6cf824-b7c9-4644-a13e-cfeac0f7fa8c.jpg
    6d6cf824-b7c9-4644-a13e-cfeac0f7fa8c.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 5e226593-1168-4b75-a226-b3b2d2aafe30.jpg
    5e226593-1168-4b75-a226-b3b2d2aafe30.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 20231111_181500.jpg
    20231111_181500.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Found my first true gold rush relic today. Was so excited. Maybe won't mean much to a lot but the history of it is so exciting to me I was so extremely excited to get it it's quite damaged but I don't care it's awesome to me. Not sure what it's called or if it's American or Chinese.
I also give credit to Chris someone nice enough to have me tag along on hunts in places I have the chance to find this stuff. Without him being nice enough to do so I'd not be able to find stuff like this. So I'm beyond grateful

It’s really great to see you excited! Is that like a hair comb type thing? Or what?

oh hell yeh gif stone cold.gif

Aw man I polished up the silver ring I'd found recently and showed my mother. Well that was a mistake. Tried it on and I was like sigh yes you can have it like the 3rd one my mother now wears lol

I can't believe that I was told ..... take the "discoverer" and go salvage the " el cazador" for more coins !! There has to be thousands of pounds of 8 reales left !! I want to do it so bad. My team says stay here for "el angel bueno" !! As next summer approaches we will see ? Might have time for it, and it might have to happen for contractual obligations !! Patience, and one step at a time. I shall start to familiarize myself with the operation of the discoverers salvage systems !!

And then there is the smuggled jewels, and all the small arms !! And lots of other maritime artifacts !!

Sitting here unable to sleep thinking of the treasure.....17000 pounds of registered gold is insane to try and understand 🙃
The "angel bueno" was registered with 5000 pounds of gold on board, and the "concepcion" held even more.......do we have these 2 ships ?? Man.....I don't know, but I sure have worked my ass off underwater in order to find out !! Everything we've found indicates the time period !! Then there's the fact that we have 2 wrecks plus a 1700s slaver, and the "u.s.s. maryland".
Just imagine how incredible it would be to find and salvage 2 boats that held more treasure in each one than both the Atocha and margarita had combined !! And to find these 2 ships in the diving capital of the world, Hidden under the sand right in front of everyone in the business!! My head is spinning out of control. And then my own discoveries!! 2 incredible ballast mounds, and now last weeks discovery of giant unidentified timbers on a flat in a sand hole. Islamoradamark and I will document this next week. So many sharks on the flat im scared to jump in by myself.

I started in with this project, after these guys saw me here on t-net and formally invited me to help in identifying these wrecks in 2016. It's been the ride of a lifetime to participate in a real state permitted operation !! I think when I joined that I didn't really believe that we would really find these ships.....hell so many people were against us that I couldn't even talk about it here on the shipwreck forum without being eviscerated by the experts here and told we were absolutely going to fail, and these ships were in the bahamas, or bermuda. My thought was just this.....ill join up and participate in a legal search, and learn the industry.....I figured at the very least I'll find other amazing discoveries, and all expenses are covered in this search. Slowly over the years, I've realized that we are on the trail of 2 ghost galleons that are very old !! And yes.....the incite gained has led me to other land based discoveries of my own.....survivors of all these wrecks came ashore somewhere didn't they !! I learned about many different treasure finds that took place over the years, and it was mind blowing to know just how much treasure was found, and how much must still be out here in the waters of the Florida keys !! What an honor its been to work with people who have as much passion as me for all this, and to learn from some of the legends in the industry. Ok now I think I can go back to sleep for an hour or 2 !! Rant over !!

Last edited:
It's morning already??

Aye. Hope it's a good day for all.

Here's some random veggies harvested from our "bucket garden" yesterday. It was 29 degrees outside, so harvesting summer veggies from a bucket is kinda cool.

peppers.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back