THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I'm not one to abuse a knife blade.
So there I was in the high gravel content area using my Swiss Army Knife to dig.
Don't know if the cop was called to watch the stabbings: or just showed up to watch.
I waved and he moved on.
Danged short blade for digging though while avoiding folding it onto a finger or two.
Lol I could never do that to my Benchmade

My other project with the bronze cannon corp, is in full blown, major important negotiations to dig !! Its no joke, and im in shock that we are reaching critical mass on this project. We are really moving forward now with huge international interest in the project. I probably can't say much more, but news of the discovery could break soon. Let's hope so because I would love to share some info here. It so fu..ING exciting that I've had problems sleeping as my mind is constantly thinking about the future of this project.....I could run the discoverer on the world famous "el cazador" wreck site. But my team wants me here in the keys on the angel bueno project. And operating this massive operation is not in my wheel house yet (anchoring in deep water and operating a giant claw to grab coins from the bottom) I have no helm experience on this salvage ship yet. And it would be damn near impossible for me to succeed in this tricky operation. I do not want to strike out on my first try and waist investor money !! But it is a tempting offer, and sooner or later I'll ha e to step up and take a stab at some of the offers I've had. There is a much better chance I get a shot at recovering the "Isac Allerton" treasures for the shipwreck museum in key west.....im producing a big pitch to make an underwater documentary or TV show on this operation. It's up to me to pitch the project with all involved.

You wrote , claws.
I write, practice. And learn tolerances.
Yes that will cost. But better to learn in un potential major recovery bottoms than first try is on the precious X and hey we got to get a "feel" for this. Hey, how great a swell can I still work only two feet of sediment on delicately , and not crash hardrock an inch deeper?

Why?
Russian K-129. & Glomar Explorer.
No not the same conditions as your potential recovery site.
But my 2 cent opinion is that the claws were operated like prosthetics (no feel or feedback at controls) with no regard for substrate or it's density below target.
Ballet dancing was discarded in exchange for a slam dance. Summer Vs winter driving on ice . Ect..

Well... so there you stood in a area full of holes and trash with a metal detector and digging device in your hand ? ? ? or ? ? ? heh
"Me and Dre stood next to a burnt-down house
With a can full of gas and a hand full of matches
And still weren’t found out"

Reminded me of this, from the song " forgot about dre"

I bet he felt like everyone was blaming him until all the holes were covered

So a little update on the oldest item from the FLO… we found this lump … which to be honest, looked unremarkable…not gold nd shiny but we knew it was possibly significant…. But had no idea how old it was…. can you imagine finding something dating from 1150 - 600 BC 🤯….. xx

IMG_9868.jpeg
IMG_9869.jpeg

See if I can find the old part of a match case picture I stumbled upon in my pictures the other day.
Bugs me because I have not found the other piece to it. The spring piece was in it when dug.
the other picture shows where a match was struck against it to light.

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

Last edited:
Geisha girl lighter. Made in Japan. Goodwill find. Just a guess at the year I can not find one for sale, or any that have sold.

View attachment 2114631

View attachment 2114632

View attachment 2114633
The style of the lighter.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Didn't get out to hunt today, but at least got treated to a nice sunset!
View attachment 2114659
That’s beautiful alright. When I experience scenes like that it just makes me glad to be alive. (The older I get, the more moments like that I have…)

Inside the shed. Ugh! More pottery!
IMG_4418.jpeg

@robertk note the “railroad spikes,” in multiple pics. Lol
I’m just gonna leave them as attachments. Look at them if you’re interested in seeing all my cra…. I mean finds.
There’s one thing I am curious to know what it is. It’s on top of the bucket. Also, why do I gotta save every bone I find?

I got the tumbler going, started painting. And now I am finding more glass and crap in my kitchen cabinet. 🤪

Attachments

• IMG_4440.jpeg
    IMG_4440.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4441.jpeg
    IMG_4441.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4442.jpeg
    IMG_4442.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4443.jpeg
    IMG_4443.jpeg