THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I looked too early this morning to appreciate the photos.
Mrs said "She shed?" That's more like a beautiful bunky. :headbang:
(She still wants one-for what?) :dontknow:
Looking great!
Now what's swimming around the pond-Otters?
Lol! The Mr says it’s just a glorified yard ornament. But hey! I nailed some of my stuff up. I just haven’t been able to get the rusty stuff cleaned up. Right now I’m staging all of the yard ornaments that I inherited from his mom and my mom, and a few of my own, for painting.

Catfish cleaning the fish food up.

Of course you just make time, I think that the time with the Flo should be at least 15 minutes.
Take a torch, food, warm clothing, rain slicker and boots (just in case)
And a gentle poke in the 3rd rib(or a swift boot to the mid shinbone works) only if he gets a talking about the Roman too long with the Flo-Just saying you need to put a lid on these meetings, and taking the detecting time away.
Themz are called ground rules. :evil5:

(Just another helpful hint from a safe distance away from any :violent1::whip2:):laughing7:
Wise advice Peps…. Last time we went he was instructed not to speak unless i gave him the go ahead 😆… same rules will def apply this time !!! Especially as its our only chance to swing this weekend 😬 sunday we are off to chop that tree down in our friends garden/ Roman village … 😆 xx

Lol! The Mr says it’s just a glorified yard ornament. But hey! I nailed some of my stuff up. I just haven’t been able to get the rusty stuff cleaned up. Right now I’m staging all of the yard ornaments that I inherited from his mom and my mom, and a few of my own, for painting.

Catfish cleaning the fish food up.
That's what I'd be calling a bunky-a bush ornament-lots of expense/time.
I'd rather go digging dirt-I'm just being honest here.

Your she shed serves a purpose-a big one-your space for you treasures. :headbang:

Watch out in what you paint now-some things should be left as is to preserve a little real history.😉

Wise advice Peps…. Last time we went he was instructed not to speak unless i gave him the go ahead 😆… same rules will def apply this time !!! Especially as its our only chance to swing this weekend 😬 sunday we are off to chop that tree down in our friends garden/ Roman village … 😆 xx
I'd be pulling that stump out just to have a peek at the dirt to see if there's anything lurking.

blossom reaction to the news of himself cutting tree down.
38c579cafd7e0b74.jpg

Epiphany......if your searching for salvage camps from the 1733 fleet disaster, you might want to search for and find the camp associated with the richest ships ?? Which ships were the richest ?? The lead ship in the convoy was the capitana, and the almiranta was the last ship in the convoy !! These 2 ships were tasked with defending the fleet from attack.....they were the 2 most heavily armed ships in the fleet, and carried king phillip the 5ths registered treasure !! So the bulk of the gold was loaded on the capitana, and almiranta. The camp site for the capitana has been explored some, and great treasure still lay in situ here on the multi million dollar private properties. The almiranta site is a mystery, that I think I can locate. I believe the survivors, and salvors of the almiranta brought the most valuable treasure to shore at this undiscovered camp site......I say undiscovered, but I think a couple people once knew the location. I'm certain the bulk of the gold was on these 2 ships, and im actively searching for the almiranta camp. I'm not sure if I've already found the legendary Homer Ludwig coin cache, but it is one of 2 sites that match the description in the narrative. One thing that makes me feel I've missed it, was a lack of gold coins. Only 4 gold escudos, and one money chain were found at my spot, and none of the portrait golds were ever found here. Homer found and spent almost exclusively escudos and portrait coins. It could be that he left the silvers that I found so many of, in favor of the golds. It could be that he was at the sister site (still undiscovered) of the almiranta, and that there was just alot of the kings gold at this site !! Either way, I must explore for this site......im down to a one mile stretch, and have a logical spot picked for exploration. The description of this spot matches Homer's description, and would be right where I would think the almiranta camp would be......wind, current, and tide would be factors in this camps exact location. Time to start this crazy search !!

Silver is mentioned. (!)

"El Gallo de indiano" the cock of the indies. Went to where i thought the wind and current would hsve swept the almiranta wreckage. Low and behold laying in plain site was a large piece of the almiranta!! Im close on my first try !!
20231109_160228.jpg
20231109_160142.jpg
20231109_160136.jpg
20231109_160209.jpg

Large concretion on one end of the timber, and many iron spike remnants!! This piece weighed 40+pounds, and took quite an effort to haul out of the swamp !!

Last edited:
"El Gallo de indiano" the cock of the indies. Went to where i thought the wind and current would hsve swept the almiranta wreckage. Low and behold laying in plain site was a lage piece of the almiranta!! Im close on my first try !! View attachment 2114247View attachment 2114248View attachment 2114249View attachment 2114250
Large concretion on one end of the timber, and many iron spike remnants!! This piece weighed 40+pounds, and took quite an effort to haul out of the swamp !!
I'm narrowing down your location by this observation just alone.
Sun patterned foot-not from northern climate
(Oh Peps you do astound me at times-bloody brilliant deduction):headbang:

What species of wood would you say Bart?

Hang it, put some bronze spikes back in the holes=awesome hat/towel rack.

I'm going out on a limb here with this guess.

"In the dirt?"

(Yet another brilliant hint from a place that is white with snow)
Yessir, back in Vegas area now for the winter. All the nearby swim areas are part of the ENORMOUS Lake Mead National Recreation Area where detecting is strictly verboden. I pulled 12 gold rings from city parks from November through February, so I'm hopeful.

And yes, your deductions of late are sublime! :laughing7:

I'm narrowing down your location by this observation just alone.
Sun patterned foot-not from northern climate
(Oh Peps you do astound me at times-bloody brilliant deduction):headbang:

What species of wood would you say Bart?

Hang it, put some bronze spikes back in the holes=awesome hat/towel rack.
Yes....if you know where the almiranta lies, it's easy to deduce where I might be !! Brilliant pepper.....I wonder sometimes how many people can do the legwork.....and figure out where I'm at !!

Yessir, back in Vegas area now for the winter. All the nearby swim areas are part of the ENORMOUS Lake Mead National Recreation Area where detecting is strictly verboden. I pulled 12 gold rings from city parks from November through February, so I'm hopeful.

And yes, your deductions of late are sublime! :laughing7:
You need to put on a pair of those detector candles and go to that park setting.:laughing7:
(Though maybe get the Mrs a set first just to see if they work in the above setting.)

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 5.37.55 PM.png

I missed you alll!!! I have about 10 pages of catching up to do!!

Tho I decided to try beach detecting and sadly while it’s touristy it’s not thattt great of a location for it.

Did manage to score a few coins which is always nice tho I’d prefer one Victorian farthing over all these coins xD

Apparently bottle cap rejection at 4 isn’t enough to make a difference tho on the deus 2.. probably I’m using it wrong

Attachments

• 91E6B75E-7D14-442E-8D22-473288049F11.jpeg
    91E6B75E-7D14-442E-8D22-473288049F11.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • 1355349A-0329-4AFF-9A17-81D16DDD8669.jpeg
    1355349A-0329-4AFF-9A17-81D16DDD8669.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
I missed you alll!!! I have about 10 pages of catching up to do!!

Tho I decided to try beach detecting and sadly while it’s touristy it’s not thattt great of a location for it.

Did manage to score a few coins which is always nice tho I’d prefer one Victorian farthing over all these coins xD

Apparently bottle cap rejection at 4 isn’t enough to make a difference tho on the deus 2.. probably I’m using it wrong
Love the toys!

24 degrees...I'll spare you the rest.

Ballast was in 14 feet of water. (A hint perhaps of dropped relics path due to why/what ballast rests upon.)
60 guns.
Holds accessible to salvage after grounding.
Divers from salvage boats quickly recovered all of the registered silver, most of the copper and other cargos, including all of the ship’s fittings.
All that treasure was brought ashore before being shipped back to Cuba, and then sent to Spain. Ship was burnt to the waterline to salvage the iron fittings. Piece I found bares the scorch marks of fire !! On the way in I paddled over a sand hole with enormous timbers just emerging from the sand.....very exciting discovery.....could be from 2 possible galleons, or something undiscovered as of yet !! Can't wait to jump in on this with gopro.....sharks we're all around today so I stayed dry.....black tips and a large lemon close by !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back