THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

You guys never worked on a long liner. You have ta stay awake on watch. We had 32 miles of swordfish gear. Sword fish gear floats, andyou have to keep an eye on a big flashing bouy. Usally you stay within a mile or so. Every 30 mins I might put it in gear, to keep the boat within visual distance of the bouy. If you fall asleep, you could lose 10s of thousands of dollars worth of fishing gear. The idea to keep people awake was extremely cruel jokes. Like slapping someone in the face with a hotdog, and then to quickly hide the hotdog behind your back.....as you stand there close to them with your Johnson hanging out of your pants !! They truly believe you have put your Johnson in there face. One guy quit, and never fished again with us.....he was very upset 😡, and almost beat up our captain at sea. So ya......I never fall asleep on watch !!

1699614227716.jpeg

Yup....glaze and crude construction give it away as Dutch stoneware. Could have been on the "Gallo de indiana". Spain used many of these Dutch stoneware vessels. Or it could be earlier than this.....there is faint evidence of the Dutch here in the keys, and I know of a Dutch site at Bahia Honda near keywest......the spanish sent salvors over to salvage the Dutch wreck at key west. They were able to get some of the guns from the wrecksite. Always great to find Dutch artifacts !!

Holw cow Bart!!!! We do find the same things after all :laughing7:
I have 2 seasons....summer is underwater, and going after fresh gold drops. Winter is back to relic and treasure wreck hunting. Yesterday's big score was an unidentified wreck site with massive 12X12 timbers !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back