THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blossom... your tab is now famous...

That was interesting, in what area of Ohio do you live in?
That was up at Lake Erie at a campground.

This is West Central Ohio.

IMG_4403.jpeg

Good morning, all.

The crescent moon and Venus were together in the sky this morning. A few wisps of clouds were hanging there with them. I tried to take a picture with my phone, but it just really didn't come out -- the real scene didn't look anything like this. The pre-dawn hours are magical this time of year.

IMG_2719.jpeg

IMG_2720.jpeg

Good morning, all.

The crescent moon and Venus were together in the sky this morning. A few wisps of clouds were hanging there with them. I tried to take a picture with my phone, but it just really didn't come out -- the real scene didn't look anything like this. The pre-dawn hours are magical this time of year.

View attachment 2114194
View attachment 2114195
I appreciate the attempt. I have tried with my Nikon camera before and I still get subpar results. Oregon Viking has always taken some awesome photos of the moon.

Epiphany......if your searching for salvage camps from the 1733 fleet disaster, you might want to search for and find the camp associated with the richest ships ?? Which ships were the richest ?? The lead ship in the convoy was the capitana, and the almiranta was the last ship in the convoy !! These 2 ships were tasked with defending the fleet from attack.....they were the 2 most heavily armed ships in the fleet, and carried king phillip the 5ths registered treasure !! So the bulk of the gold was loaded on the capitana, and almiranta. The camp site for the capitana has been explored some, and great treasure still lay in situ here on the multi million dollar private properties. The almiranta site is a mystery, that I think I can locate. I believe the survivors, and salvors of the almiranta brought the most valuable treasure to shore at this undiscovered camp site......I say undiscovered, but I think a couple people once knew the location. I'm certain the bulk of the gold was on these 2 ships, and im actively searching for the almiranta camp. I'm not sure if I've already found the legendary Homer Ludwig coin cache, but it is one of 2 sites that match the description in the narrative. One thing that makes me feel I've missed it, was a lack of gold coins. Only 4 gold escudos, and one money chain were found at my spot, and none of the portrait golds were ever found here. Homer found and spent almost exclusively escudos and portrait coins. It could be that he left the silvers that I found so many of, in favor of the golds. It could be that he was at the sister site (still undiscovered) of the almiranta, and that there was just alot of the kings gold at this site !! Either way, I must explore for this site......im down to a one mile stretch, and have a logical spot picked for exploration. The description of this spot matches Homer's description, and would be right where I would think the almiranta camp would be......wind, current, and tide would be factors in this camps exact location. Time to start this crazy search !!

I appreciate the attempt. I have tried with my Nikon camera before and I still get subpar results. Oregon Viking has always taken some awesome photos of the moon.
My last attempt was a bit disappointing also.
The Nikon does have an issue with low light.
I thought the rising moon photo from the field, well we all know what thought did.
When I took the shot the moon looked bright on the instant replay.
When they went over to my phone. Hardly could see the moon.
I get better results out of the window for some reason. (Dark room):dontknow:

I'm going to change the settings to brighten the photo up-meaning let more light in. (Low apertures)
Also a tripod and a slower shutter speed.
(This will increase the light)
Oh ya zoom is an under rated feature. 🤣

Good afternoon my pretties xx hope you are all well xx 🤗

work all done for the day… finds sorted labelled catalogued ready for Flo visit tomoz😎 xx hopefully we will have time after the visit for a quick swing a ding!! xx cant wait!! xx
Of course you just make time, I think that the time with the Flo should be at least 15 minutes.
Take a torch, food, warm clothing, rain slicker and boots (just in case)
And a gentle poke in the 3rd rib(or a swift boot to the mid shinbone works) only if he gets a talking about the Roman too long with the Flo-Just saying you need to put a lid on these meetings, and taking the detecting time away.
Themz are called ground rules. :evil5:

(Just another helpful hint from a safe distance away from any :violent1::whip2:):laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back