THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Oh yeah, I just love/hate pull tab hunting! I get all excited when I come across a place loaded with them, until I've dug 100 or so without gold. But, about every 200-300 of them, bam! A gold ring!
Good luck to you!
Brilliant, all the power to you folks that are willing to dig 200-300 tabs for a gold.
I gave that up many moons ago.
Actually I did better just coin shooting and the off chance I recovered the gold.

Brilliant, all the power to you folks that are willing to dig 200-300 tabs for a gold.
I gave that up many moons ago.
Actually I did better just coin shooting and the off chance I recovered the gold.
Sounds like my "high squeak" hunts. 😏

There are days I just ignore a lot. Even deep targets sometimes, (depending on my mood)". Then, there are days that I declare as "clean the park up" days. I dig 'em all up then.

One thing I don't have left in abundance is time, (nowadays I can see the "finish line" from here.) So....if I leave some morsels behind, it's OK. Some future hunter will appreciate it. 😇

Sounds like my "high squeak" hunts. 😏

There are days I just ignore a lot. Even deep targets sometimes, (depending on my mood)". Then, there are days that I declare as "clean the park up" days. I dig 'em all up then.

One thing I don't have left in abundance is time, (nowadays I can see the "finish line" from here.) So....if I leave some morsels behind, it's OK. Some future hunter will appreciate it. 😇
If you can't dig 200 in a day that's OK.
Just dig 50 and enjoy the time.
The main thing is to keep moving forward.

No confirmation of a pop machine in a corner of the park. But the bottle caps were /are crazy in a small area.
With practice my detector will let you slide off unlike a quarter for example. But that bugs me because I don't know what's underneath.
So I'll dig a few. Or a dozen. Then get out of that corner.
A couple coins have come out that way. But despite the parks age , nothing real old ...L.o.l..
Someday though. I'm gonna dig a bottle cap (poor pull tab hunting right in that small area) and check the hole again and find something super!

Last edited:
20231024_172943.jpg
my first day cobb hunting ...... got 8 fakes !!

For those who like a good read and to learn... one of my personal favorites... beings i use to play as a kid at Jungle Prada... which if you read you will see.
Enjoy...

Why do things pop into 🌶's head?
“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

After landing near Boca Ciega Bay, about 15 miles north of the entrance to Tampa Bay, Narváez and his pilots determined that their landing place was not suitable for settlement.

If you can't dig 200 in a day that's OK.
Just dig 50 and enjoy the time.
The main thing is to keep moving forward.
One thing I have learned is that one learns about life in reverse but...you have to live it in forward. 👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back