THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Anyone familiar with numista?

I’m trying to add my coins on there but I’ve ran into an issue from the first coin.

My coin has “HEATON” written at the base, the numista ones say “WATT & Co”?

Would I add it as a new coin or?

* EDIT *
Ill try to add it as a new coin since apparently 2 mints were used for this coin hence the 2 different marks

Attachments

• 83585184-26EE-4FF0-BC14-6110111396E8.jpeg
    83585184-26EE-4FF0-BC14-6110111396E8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 15
Anyone familiar with numista?

I’m trying to add my coins on there but I’ve ran into an issue from the first coin.

My coin has “HEATON” written at the base, the numista ones say “WATT & Co”?

Would I add it as a new coin or?

* EDIT *
Ill try to add it as a new coin since apparently 2 mints were used for this coin hence the 2 different marks
I have no suggestion on this... I see your coin and it does say "Heaton"... it may say W heaton.

I have no suggestion on this... I see your coin and it does say "Heaton"... it may say W heaton.
Trying to add it and I can’t find an option to add as a new coin, numista only has the Watt & Co variants.

It’s a separate mint so I’d like to add mine as a new coin ;-;

Edit:
Placed it as a copper coin variant since that one had 2 mint options

Last edited:
Trying to add it and I can’t find an option to add as a new coin, numista only has the Watt & Co variants.

It’s a separate mint so I’d like to add mine as a new coin ;-;
Well after falling down the 1 Bani rabbit hole I couldn't find an example of Heaton on a 1 Bani
Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 6.51.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 6.37.58 AM.png
There are H on the 1 Bani-and there is the 2,5,10 Bani with Heaton

Probably if you email the site and showed them the picture of your 1 Bani with Heaton mint mark and ask them if they'd be interested in adding it to the catalog of examples.
Note I see what other ones are selling for and it could possibly worth a bit of dosh.

Well Sunday my boys and I split just shy of 10 ricks of wood then stacked it yesterday and man o' man I'm feeling it!!!! Now today hopefully I have my last Dr. appointment, fingers crossed for me y'all!!!!!

Quite a few days ago, the Mr asked, “What was the band that played locally and WTUE played them back in the day?”
Well neither of us could remember and my OCD kicked in. Finally, stumbled upon the answer last night on the drive home. Have any of you heard of these guys?

Well Sunday my boys and I split just shy of 10 ricks of wood then stacked it yesterday and man o' man I'm feeling it!!!! Now today hopefully I have my last Dr. appointment, fingers crossed for me y'all!!!!!
Pepper learnt a new word/phrase today-ricks.
Had to look that one up as I never have heard of that term before.
Same as a "Face cord" 4 ft high x 8 ft long
Thanks for the teaching Fishstick

You've mended up well I-congrats.
(Note if you're totally bored now-you can rick your way, away on my pile that needs to done) :laughing7:

Quite a few days ago, the Mr asked, “What was the band that played locally and WTUE played them back in the day?”
Well neither of us could remember and my OCD kicked in. Finally, stumbled upon the answer last night on the drive home. Have any of you heard of these guys?

I never have heard their music before
Thanks for sharing

They used to be regulars at a bar called Zachariah's Red Eye Saloon. That was on High St. in Columbus, OH. across from OSU campus. Needless to say they were popular & the place was always packed. Great band, fabulous guitar picker. 70's.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone, welp on my day off on Thursday going to metal detect at a park with a old timer. The guy has glaucoma and doesn't feel comfortable metal detecting alone. So even though this park is a pain in the butt to metal detect I'd figure I'd be nice and just deal with it. The park is super trashy but if it's super trashy it means there's goodies because no one wants to dig the pull tab signals that are all over

Good morning everyone, welp on my day off on Thursday going to metal detect at a park with a old timer. The guy has glaucoma and doesn't feel comfortable metal detecting alone. So even though this park is a pain in the butt to metal detect I'd figure I'd be nice and just deal with it. The park is super trashy but if it's super trashy it means there's goodies because no one wants to dig the pull tab signals that are all over

Oh yeah, I just love/hate pull tab hunting! I get all excited when I come across a place loaded with them, until I've dug 100 or so without gold. But, about every 200-300 of them, bam! A gold ring!
Good luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back