THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I have only had mine for a few months and I haven't been anyplace with any great targets yet -- mostly just digging my yard which is full of iron from an 1880's homestead. But within that context, I really like it. The wireless construction looks and feels nice, and I can't get the cord tangled in brush. It gives clear signals on even the tiniest of targets (which is actually annoying when the target is a tiny flake of foil that you can barely even see...). The big iron targets will just about knock your ears off -- even when they're very deep. The few brass and copper things I've found have also been quite strong signals, and most were 6" deep or more.
Thanks for the input. I'm used to D1 so I'm sure I'll learn this one quick. D1 loves tiny things I've had me some fun times digging little tiny things it's sniffed out. At times a great test of my patience just to pull a tiny piece of aluminum or a little junk earring back lol

Tie him to a tree naked slap him silly with a broom covered in honey.
Leave
Bear county works well.
Better yet let this paw slap him.
f99b59d40e06fcba.png

Pepper learnt a new word/phrase today-ricks.
Had to look that one up as I never have heard of that term before.
Same as a "Face cord" 4 ft high x 8 ft long
Thanks for the teaching Fishstick

You've mended up well I-congrats.
(Note if you're totally bored now-you can rick your way, away on my pile that needs to done) :laughing7:
LOL, kinda backwards here. Most folks wouldn't have a clue what a face cord is.. Weird how that works sometimes. Sorry Pep but I don't believe I'll be bored anytime soon :laughing7:

Anyone using the D2 and if so what are your opinions on it. Still going to get it because my D1 is getting old now
It's a tad different than the Deus l.
More program settings and a whole different machine in many ways.
It's ability to lock on a target give an ID # of a nonferrous target. Same number when it's out of the hole.
I do believe the HF coil sniffed out smaller targets though.
I dug a .22 short the other day at 6" so I was somewhat pleased.
High square tone really let's a person know it's detected something.

You'll hear the low iron grunts, then a high pitched. Looking at the #'s it might read 84 then drop to a 01 up to 09. It's a given that it's iron. 06 will be bigger with a hole it seems.
If the number sticks and doesn't change then it's a good target

30-40s are generally foil.
Even goes in to the low 50s.
Tabs are in the low 70s.
Crown caps-best of luck.
Silver will be 88-94
Just start with general program to get a feel of what's what.

The beekeeper forgot to insert the frames in the hive in which the bees collect the honey. The hardworking insects then built their own architecture from the honeycomb so that the air can flow freely and maintain a stable temperature.
44a3c5d2254b92b2.jpeg

It's a tad different than the Deus l.
More program settings and a whole different machine in many ways.
It's ability to lock on a target give an ID # of a nonferrous target. Same number when it's out of the hole.
I do believe the HF coil sniffed out smaller targets though.
I dug a .22 short the other day at 6" so I was somewhat pleased.
High square tone really let's a person know it's detected something.

You'll hear the low iron grunts, then a high pitched. Looking at the #'s it might read 84 then drop to a 01 up to 09. It's a given that it's iron. 06 will be bigger with a hole it seems.
If the number sticks and doesn't change then it's a good target

30-40s are generally foil.
Even goes in to the low 50s.
Tabs are in the low 70s.
Crown caps-best of luck.
Silver will be 88-94
Just start with general program to get a feel of what's what.
Interesting. Hopefully I'll figure it out

Good morning all.

I woke this morning dreaming about driving up to an old house and asking permission to detect. The family that lived there wanted me to help their teenage son program his video game. It was a perspective scroller called "SharkBite", where you were a surfer trying to catch the big waves while trying to avoid being eaten by sharks. And it had to run in a web browser. I woke up while we were working on the shark fin graphics. I never go to the detecting. Not much of a dream, really -- sounds an awful lot like my real life.

Good morning all.

I woke this morning dreaming about driving up to an old house and asking permission to detect. The family that lived there wanted me to help their teenage son program his video game. It was a perspective scroller called "SharkBite", where you were a surfer trying to catch the big waves while trying to avoid being eaten by sharks. And it had to run in a web browser. I woke up while we were working on the shark fin graphics. I never go to the detecting. Not much of a dream, really -- sounds an awful lot like my real life.
Something always interfering with your hobbies?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back