THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone
Morning John
Buttercup Beetle
Belongs to the Blister group.
Have you seen this type before?
20231024_153923.jpg

Good morning crew!

Narrowly avoided disaster last night as firemen came knocking at 12:30 am to evacuate us, 24mph winds and a fire broke out in the forest just behind the house.
Fortunately the wind took it away from us. Whew.
IMG_6034-1.jpeg

They used to be regulars at a bar called Zachariah's Red Eye Saloon. That was on High St. in Columbus, OH. across from OSU campus. Needless to say they were popular & the place was always packed. Great band, fabulous guitar picker. 70's.
I forgot about you being here! I wish I had, for it might have saved me some time. Lol.

Good morning crew!

Narrowly avoided disaster last night as firemen came knocking at 12:30 am to evacuate us, 24mph winds and a fire broke out in the forest just behind the house.
Fortunately the wind took it away from us. Whew.View attachment 2111767
Gzzz way too close for comfort. Glad it went the other way. All too familiar with that type of thing being in the California central valley we get fires a lot in the mountains and hills that just wipe stuff out

Afternoon all.
Spasms night

Clearing some ground. Trying to for an outbuilding.
Found a gate I 'd stacked firewood on. Sunk in the earth. The 4 foot fire poker I made out of cold rolled steel. A couple stumps ect..
Waiting for further leaf drop before sawing on the bigger maples.
Two trees dropped yesterday when I quit need removed. And more in que before the biggest 3-4.
None of which are more a foot through? though close. Tall for want of sun in the oak canopy.
Pine. Maple. Sassafrass. Choke cherry.

Excited next paycheck I'll be able to afford a decent package on the Deus 2. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Going to buy it through Bart on Big Boy Hobbies decided that's the route I'll go.

Anyone using the D2 and if so what are your opinions on it. Still going to get it because my D1 is getting old now
I have only had mine for a few months and I haven't been anyplace with any great targets yet -- mostly just digging my yard which is full of iron from an 1880's homestead. But within that context, I really like it. The wireless construction looks and feels nice, and I can't get the cord tangled in brush. It gives clear signals on even the tiniest of targets (which is actually annoying when the target is a tiny flake of foil that you can barely even see...). The big iron targets will just about knock your ears off -- even when they're very deep. The few brass and copper things I've found have also been quite strong signals, and most were 6" deep or more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back