THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

So I guess this idea can be taken off the table then....

Really himself needs to step up and present this at lunch-just once even-we'z can dream-right?

View attachment 2111473
Ohh Peps… beneath that crusty exterior ur such a romantic !!! i have no doubt that is what a day swinging with u would look like, unfortunately the best i could hope for from himself’s is a old hessian log sack on a damp patch of grass 😬 xx

Ohh Peps… beneath that crusty exterior ur such a romantic !!! i have no doubt that is what a day swinging with u would look like, unfortunately the best i could hope for from himself’s is a old hessian log sack on a damp patch of grass 😬 xx
Hmmm... lol
"Ohh Peps… beneath that crusty exterior ur such a romantic !!! i have no doubt that is what a day swinging with u would look like"
Sheesh i have a dirty mind :P

IMG_4289.jpeg

Hey Cappy…. 🫡, Sir, did you see my little find on Saturday? 🤔…. heard You might enjoy looking at that and it might help erase the mental imagine your currently grappling with 🧐 xxx 😘
? ? ?

little ? .... Pepper ? ? ? ...... he is ? ? ?.... hmmm OH ... something you found ! ....:P

No i missed it... link ?

It's a start, everything comes with time.
Maybe a fold up chair is the next romantic thing for you to receive.
Imagine that!
(Crusty interior as well)🤣

I posted an article about the Jose gasper coin/chest find a couple weeks ago. If this is real and true it's huge in terms of history, and treasure finds !! Well I started thinking and remembered a pm I got here at treasurenet. It was from the great, great, great, granddaughter of Juan gomez asking for help finding the chests. I blew it off and never responded back.......flash forward to a week ago, and I went through my PMs and found her pm !! So I emailed her and asked her if she was involved.....she was !! She sent me her phone number, and im going to call and introduce myself and try and get the story !! I may have missed an incredible opportunity......there may be 2 more chests on the peace river !!

I posted an article about the Jose gasper coin/chest find a couple weeks ago. If this is real and true it's huge in terms of history, and treasure finds !! Well I started thinking and remembered a pm I got here at treasurenet. It was from the great, great, great, granddaughter of Juan gomez asking for help finding the chests. I blew it off and never responded back.......flash forward to a week ago, and I went through my PMs and found her pm !! So I emailed her and asked her if she was involved.....she was !! She sent me her phone number, and im going to call and introduce myself and try and get the story !! I may have missed an incredible opportunity......there may be 2 more chests on the peace river !!
Unfortunately... i would not bet it belonged to Gaspar.
I say this... not as an opinion... but as a statement that is based on many reasons that i will at present time keep close to the vest.

Chests by someone perhaps yes... if even from "chests" at all... this as well will remain a story until otherwise.
Chests belonging to Gaspar no.

There are many legends of many who have buried on the Peace... but this is a whole other discussion.

PS... There would also be no evidence to prove or disprove any or all buried items belonged to any one person... that is unless... it has been backed by empirical facts.

Last edited:
One never knows if something is legit or a fantasy scam in this wonderful mixed up world.
I hope that her story is well grounded.

Unfortunately... i would not bet it belonged to Gaspar.
I say this... not as an opinion... but as a statement that is based on many reasons that i will at present time keep close to the vest.

Chests by someone perhaps yes.
Chests belonging to Gaspar no.

There are many legends of many who have buried on the Peace... but this is a whole other discussion.

PS... There would also be no evidence to prove or disprove any or all buried items belonged to any one person... that is unless... it has been backed by empirical facts.
New phrase.

Examples of empirical fact.

It is an empirical fact that a person may continue to pursue bad habits even after experiencing their painful consequences.

Gee that really describes me past life 😅

Have you watched any of her videos with "the real treasure hunters"? If you haven't, you should...

Advice required from you experts … in my quest for perfecting the holy trinity of the “best day out ever” … im struggling with the coffee part.

Obviously have 1. The perfect land. 2. The perfect kit. The missing component is coffee… 🤔 what is the best recipe for flasked hot coffee to sustain ur girl on a cold winters hunt…also does the type of flask matter 🤔 xx

(NB. Despite Himself’s unhealthy love of fires… it wouldnt be practical to go old skool nd light a fire to boil water… ) xx
I'd post a picture...But with a video of a different subject on deck I risk spoiling you all.

What the industrial workers use to carrycoffee is usually agood start. That was my work type.

For hunting by chance a pint stainless thermos popped up at a garage sale for a dollar.
Fits a pocket perfect.
Somehow it lets a drop or two escape. I suspect from between the layers of the well repeatedly dented cup. But all is forgiven as the cheap thing somehow keeps coffee hot quite a long time.
With the very small cup it helps with moderation. Not something coffee and I indulge in very often.

Course ground coffee can be brewed afield.
In a sock. Staped or tied in a folded carefully paper coffee filter (my vote)
Or as I've done too , a generous handful into the pot.
And after brewing settled with a half cup of coldwater added. Or not.

Think with fire brewing , use a pot with the bottom bigger than the top. I nabbed one recently on the cheap just for a spare.

For you? With your bg money? I mean it's strewn about all over the ground there...
I'd have you two eye Kelty kettles.
Hey , even the King has used one. I'm pretty sure I saw him firing one when with the boys /sons outdoors on a bit of film.

But outdoors folks have used them a while. Weather conditions and fuel type are two considerations to study. Both pretty positive in the Keltys.

But at days end , having the best water (a study) will offer the best coffee.

We drive to our fields.. so this option could work🤔… will have to get one and do a time trail, we only get a 20min lunch break as himself is a stickler for time keeping… 🙄, in fact its the only time i see him multi tasking… exiting the cab, brushing the crumbs from his chops nd yelling “back to the hunt” ….😬 …. will raise this option at this weeks planning meeting. Thank you! 😆
This is not my video.( Obviously due to clarity.)
These are stove models like I try to nab on the cheap. But am kind of avoiding as there are enough waiting to be gone through and get running.

Thing is, if you look at U.S. stoves , or worse listen to fuel types , our white gas in the U.S. is likely called something different there.
E-Bay (no offence to the company) prices are crazy usually.
Again , Japan has fans that pay very well.

A plastic coffee tub (oh sweet irony) makes a good container to carry some of the models in.
BUT , you'll want a cool down time before storing the stove.
Not just one cup of coffee swilled after adding cold water to it.
Shut off after brew and a proper tea , (biscuits and pinkies up) you should be fine.

One never knows if something is legit or a fantasy scam in this wonderful mixed up world.
I hope that her story is well grounded.
Well.
I know of a Black Bart that might not be "the" Black Bart of blackpowder and ill temper at times.

After Gaspar is looked at as to origin and meaning and use it may be imagined a name worth borrowing to some.
Or look into Caspar. Easy to confuse the two but just as easy to confuse strangers with while traveling or doing something another name is good to be known by.
Or even impersonating someone to discourage others from bothering you.

Then there are goose chases. And we all have our own qualifications. Often related to how many good ones we've been on! l.o.l..
You say this needs dug into. Then it does. If for no other reason than to put it to rest. Gold coins is not a rest though...Thus the inquiry...Gaspar or not ; gold smells the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back