THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Well you certainly have the best equipment now.
Just need the time on the Deus to experience the abilities of the detector.
I have dug in dirt around Colchester 8X = 1000hrs approximately.
So quite familiar with the fields and the amazing range of history on can dig in a single hunt.
I've been using the Deus ll for a year now, still learning how to use it to its best capabilities.
Yeah I’ve been getting used to it, I have set a program I use now that sounds similar to the Minelab, found a range of coins and buttons including my smallest hammered coin so far. I need to set it for deeper stuff tho.

As for the field, I’ve been searching it for a month now, got Celtic to 1944 so far, can’t remember the shilling date. Oldest series of finds are 1500s to 1600s then 1800s n newer with a couple 1700s and the 100-150bc Celtic coin

Attachments

• 9DDBA244-4544-4CFC-AA99-E171EBDD7C9C.jpeg
    9DDBA244-4544-4CFC-AA99-E171EBDD7C9C.jpeg
    613.4 KB · Views: 12
  • AACF79F7-7689-43DE-B3ED-89EC50BF32D4.jpeg
    AACF79F7-7689-43DE-B3ED-89EC50BF32D4.jpeg
    673.6 KB · Views: 12
Time to try to talk my brother into driving me around to do some metal detecting lol. I need a break and it's my day off from work. I don't care if it's only a couple of parks I get to hit as long as I can dig lol

Uninspiring?

You obviously don’t know what it’s like to dig nothing but fence pieces and square nails. 🤪 I see that as a great day of digging. Congrats 🎉
Thanks WD! I suppose I should be a little more appreciative.

Uninspiring?

You obviously don’t know what it’s like to dig nothing but fence pieces and square nails. 🤪 I see that as a great day of digging. Congrats 🎉
Hey I like square nails I hardly find them around here lol. I actually keep the things because I don't really find them lol

Hope you have a great dig today John!
If you ever find yourself in Reno I can show you where to find buckets full of square nails, no detector needed!

Hope you have a great dig today John!
If you ever find yourself in Reno I can show you where to find buckets full of square nails, no detector needed!
Lol I'm sure. In my area I just don't find sites old enough to have them

Hey I like square nails I hardly find them around here lol. I actually keep the things because I don't really find them lol
I have a pile going that I'm collecting from my yard. I figure that by the time I'm done I'll have enough to build another house.

Do you hunt in Turlock? Pretty old town if I remember correctly.
I've never got to don't live far at all from there. But me not driving limits me often. I often will walk long distances just to be able to get a hunt or two in lol. I'm stubborn

Got told you guys like fancy coins so here are my finest ones.. the uk ones anyway.

Included are:
A Gold Celtic stater 100-150BC
4 English hammered coins inc an Elizabeth the 1st
2 Nuremberg jetons
Some other English stuff

Attachments

• C7350696-BF49-420E-A344-F9EEF52B34DD.jpeg
    C7350696-BF49-420E-A344-F9EEF52B34DD.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
Off to the chiropractor to get my neck bones adjusted. I’m so glad they don’t do it like this anymore!

View attachment 2110733
Wait , they don't? Seems pretty much how mine went pre covid still.
My chiropractor called it his ....I forgot. But it was a Hollywood type neck breaking deal.
i knew I should have dug into his credentials better!

Miss that man. Neck could stand an adjustment today.
But....Arteries and more have been injured during neck manipulations once in a while. (Not mine! Or to his credit that I know of.) So I don't make it a habit anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back