THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Got another hunt in yesterday and boy does it feel good to get out. Moving slow but moving. Scored a great looking FE cent and my buddy dug a 1852 upper bank half cent, which is a first for all of us.View attachment 2110222View attachment 2110223View attachment 2110224View attachment 2110225
Great hunt!
Congrats on the Flying Eagle one cent, and the Upper Canada Bank Token Half.

I called the dealer this morning regarding the warranty replacement of the seat in the side by side.
Look it's 2 cotter pins and the hinge pins. Take picture-gone in 5 minutes.
Nope they have to do it in house.
(Pepper already had a little rant pre warranty dept)
But they promised to p/u and drop off at the end of the day.

Mechanic dropped it off
"Ah did you have your set of keys?"
I left them in the Bug
"I'll give you this one and look for your's tomorrow and bring them to you at the day-or a new set.
I could of done this job here in 5 minutes......."

This a brain fart world-now they'll do 3 trips to my place (45 minute drive one way).
Yes the "How did the dealer do-survey has yet to be filled out"

Blew a head gasket on our dodge journey. It's being fixed by the high school shop class for 600 bucks. It will take 6 weeks, and it's about half done. I drive a very old Ford pick up, and the journey is my wife's daily driver. We have been driving the brewerys company jeep for a temporary car, while the work is done on the journey. This morning we got a notice from Hyundai that a brand new Santa fe suv had been paid for, and is being delivered to us today. This is the type of family I married into !! My brother inlaw bought us a brand new car !! I have no words to describe how generous this is......im still in shock.....I guess I'll drive the journey when it's fixed, and make the truck for launching the boat, and the shop pig for logging !! This family is so much different than mine....my brother in law is cut from a different mold, and his plan has always been to carry us with him through all his successes. I'm still in shock at this act of kindness.....im at a loss for words.....which is rare for me !!
Guessing your bro-in-law has no idea how much gold and diamonds you have

Haven’t posted much lately, relocated from southwest Indiana to central Virginia for work.
Much farther north from where I wanna be and much less welcoming to detectorists because of the amount of history in this area.
Tried the riverbank a couple of times but sooooo polluted with cans and trash and undergrowth it’s almost impossible to get a good signal.
Found a fishing weight and several beer cans on my journey yesterday.

We finally got enough rain to soften the ground, I got a silver quarter! Take that Bart!

11D3CF51-B072-4521-B38F-B68C3BE9D54B.jpeg

Many thanks for all the infos Sis!!
And now I could kick my own Butt that I wasn´t here for quite a while and enjoyed my time with my friends here that past away or went missing.
But to be honest, i wasn´t in the mood for it after what happens to me, when I lost my business etc. (Some knows the story)
In fact I got some massive health problems since than caused by the following stress.
I’m sorry that you lost your business. Real sorry to hear you have massive health problems. Hopefully, the little kittens will provide some comfort. You know, laughter is the best medicine. And I am oh so ready to laugh myself. Besides, I am running out of ideas for all the diapers I have for you!

1697506892697.jpeg

Haven’t posted much lately, relocated from southwest Indiana to central Virginia for work.
Much farther north from where I wanna be and much less welcoming to detectorists because of the amount of history in this area.
Tried the riverbank a couple of times but sooooo polluted with cans and trash and undergrowth it’s almost impossible to get a good signal.
Found a fishing weight and several beer cans on my journey yesterday.
I was wondering how you were adjusting. Lots of busy busy in that area.

Sigh shitty day at work. Taking orders when serving I get all mixed up and forget things. My first table wanted all kinds of special things and I screwed it all up and it took forever putting me behind. People got frustrated and mad. Makes me feel small and useless I try but my memory has always been bad when it comes to trying to remember all kinds of things at once. Really makes me feel low that I really can't even handle this job. I'm trying but just feels so useless. Some days I'm so depressed as I feel I'll never have a life just all I do is struggle.

Sigh shitty day at work. Taking orders when serving I get all mixed up and forget things. My first table wanted all kinds of special things and I screwed it all up and it took forever putting me behind. People got frustrated and mad. Makes me feel small and useless I try but my memory has always been bad when it comes to trying to remember all kinds of things at once. Really makes me feel low that I really can't even handle this job. I'm trying but just feels so useless. Some days I'm so depressed as I feel I'll never have a life just all I do is struggle.
Just put your phone on record when taking the orders.
(of course some way will cause this answer to be wrong too. Wait for it.......🤷‍♂️)

Just put your phone on record when taking the orders.
(of course some way will cause this answer to be wrong too. Wait for it.......🤷‍♂️)
Idk if that would work. I wish my brain wasn't such trash

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back