THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning waggers of scally!!! Hope u all have an fab week of daring and do ahead of you 😆 xx

IMG_9255.jpeg

Screw it... after this weekend... i am pouring my Stella Artois into a glass of red wine.
Mmmm k... after much study and research............ Ahem......... ***COUGH***..... ***GAG***.... ***HACK***.... ....

I do not recommend doing this.... ***HACK***

:P

Last edited:
Mmmm k... after much study and research............ Ahem......... ***COUGH***..... ***GAG***.... ***HACK***.... ....

I do not recommend doing this.... ***HACK***

:P
GOOD MORNING GOSH DARN SCALLYWAG CREW OF RUM SUCKERS ! ! !
Morning ARC
It's great to see that you have come to your senses once again and returned to the rum following.
Stray away to mixing the drinks that can lead to stomach upset, thus a hangover of the rub rail.
Yes in severe case when one can't get off the knees it's highly recommended in just sticking the head in the scupper.

Morning ARC
It's great to see that you have come to your senses once again and returned to the rum following.
Stray away to mixing the drinks that can lead to stomach upset, thus a hangover of the rub rail.
Yes in severe case when one can't get off the knees it's highly recommended in just sticking the head in the scupper.
I was really just joking... i stuck to my straight up Stella last night... what a week and weekend...
Finally now a day of rest.

I HOPE !

Blew a head gasket on our dodge journey. It's being fixed by the high school shop class for 600 bucks. It will take 6 weeks, and it's about half done. I drive a very old Ford pick up, and the journey is my wife's daily driver. We have been driving the brewerys company jeep for a temporary car, while the work is done on the journey. This morning we got a notice from Hyundai that a brand new Santa fe suv had been paid for, and is being delivered to us today. This is the type of family I married into !! My brother inlaw bought us a brand new car !! I have no words to describe how generous this is......im still in shock.....I guess I'll drive the journey when it's fixed, and make the truck for launching the boat, and the shop pig for logging !! This family is so much different than mine....my brother in law is cut from a different mold, and his plan has always been to carry us with him through all his successes. I'm still in shock at this act of kindness.....im at a loss for words.....which is rare for me !!

Blew a head gasket on our dodge journey. It's being fixed by the high school shop class for 600 bucks. It will take 6 weeks, and it's about half done. I drive a very old Ford pick up, and the journey is my wife's daily driver. We have been driving the brewerys company jeep for a temporary car, while the work is done on the journey. This morning we got a notice from Hyundai that a brand new Santa fe suv had been paid for, and is being delivered to us today. This is the type of family I married into !! My brother inlaw bought us a brand new car !! I have no words to describe how generous this is......im still in shock.....I guess I'll drive the journey when it's fixed, and make the truck for launching the boat, and the shop pig for logging !! This family is so much different than mine....my brother in law is cut from a different mold, and his plan has always been to carry us with him through all his successes. I'm still in shock at this act of kindness.....im at a loss for words.....which is rare for me !!
WOW!!
That's really great news Bart and takes a load of pressure off the table.

That is so awesome. Imagine if more families were like this, the world would be a better place.

Hey Sis, good to hear you are well !
That´s real sad to hear some past away. Who is it where it is not sure that he passed away?
I am quite OK so far.
Where to begin?
Since Covid began….
😢Those we are 100% sure who have passed (those who’s true identity were known by other treasurenetters and they, in turn, relayed the somber news):

RTR- heart attack
BILL from Lachine- stroke

😢Those who have presumably passed away because no one knew their true identity and, therefore, we cannot verify 100%:

Hillbilly Prince (one of the first to disappear when Covid began)

Simon 1(Doug) had a stroke in late 2019 and then disappeared in the late summer of 2020 after severe weather caused damage to his property. I found an obituary which could have been his, but there’s no way I could be 💯 because I don’t know for sure where he lived in Iowa.

Rookster: last word that I remember being relayed was that he and his wife were in the hospital battling Covid. I think he contacted Bart. (?)

Others:

KCM: ?
GB1(your son). : turned 18 and is off enjoying life the last I heard. He may still lurk. Or maybe he’s been digging that tunnel?
ECS: banned. I don’t know if/when he will be back. I found out that I know a few people who winter in his area. I told them as much as I could about the ole hippy rockstar and instructed them to say,”Hello “ from me.

I feel like I am missing some.

Anyway, we do miss them all and I, for one, am glad to have met them online and got acquainted with them.

We have quite a few new pirates aboard the ship and they are great! Some closer to you on that side of the pond and time zones. I have already had to equip blossom with a gif to defend herself from facetiousness and I don’t think she would hesitate to use it. Lol

1697462648449.gif

My little brother came back from his Vegas trip yesterday and brought me this from the Pawn Stars pawn shop that he stopped in on. Said he saw the owners sok come in while he was there. I think it's cool and a piece I'll hold onto as value in time may increase and even if it doesn't it's still silver.

Attachments

• 20231015_222702.jpg
    20231015_222702.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 20231015_222711.jpg
    20231015_222711.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
My little brother came back from his Vegas trip yesterday and brought me this from the Pawn Stars pawn shop that he stopped in on. Said he saw the owners sok come in while he was there. I think it's cool and a piece I'll hold onto as value in time may increase and even if it doesn't it's still silver.
That is cool. Vegas is on our bucket list and I’m sure the pawn shop would be one of our stops.

That is cool. Vegas is on our bucket list and I’m sure the pawn shop would be one of our stops.
My brother and his girl friend spent three days there. I was so jealous. They didn't even have a car with them. Said they walked and used the busses the whole time. Saw several concerts and did all kinds of fun things. Vegas though is a wild place lol. I was there once for a wedding

Good man your brother in law. Be there he (family) needs you. Without having to be told.

Is it true some folks will do anything to not loan out thier Jeep?(Kidding. My kid drives a Jeep. No . I don't drive it.) Gosh I'm funny.

Insurance here is a kick in the groin for second/third vehicles. And required.
How insurance got away from people being able to not insure when not on the roads and now require "storage" insurance to not lapse...Escapes me. But I've some suspicions.

Drove one truck an extra year before noticing the registration had expired. Apparently during covid I wasn't sent a renewal. If recalled correctly the penalty/fine was less than if I had reregistered it. No , I have not let it lapse again.
Need insurance to register , but not new registration to renew insurance? Or was I uninsured too?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back