THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

My brother and his girl friend spent three days there. I was so jealous. They didn't even have a car with them. Said they walked and used the busses the whole time. Saw several concerts and did all kinds of fun things. Vegas though is a wild place lol. I was there once for a wedding
Been there a few times, shows, a bit of play on the slots, did the honeymoon there after getting hitched in Sedona AZ.

Been there a few times, shows, a bit of play on the slots, did the honeymoon there after getting hitched in Sedona AZ.
I know the show is bs lol it's all for entertainment. The thing I do like about that show is learning the history of items lol. But the rest I know is nonsense.

Good morning everyone. Already over the Monday blues because Sunday was my Monday starting with a understaffed work day so that was fun lol
Work already having benefit.
Eliminated Monday and you're ahead of the game.

A crap workday makes changing hats after even better. And life outside work a little brighter. Or at least more free!

Good to see you sticking with it.
Worse case you get fired. Getting kinda late for that. Worse , it gets you out of returning to work there.
So don't get fired on purpose.

Work already having benefit.
Eliminated Monday and you're ahead of the game.

A crap workday makes changing hats after even better. And life outside work a little brighter. Or at least more free!

Good to see you sticking with it.
Worse case you get fired. Getting kinda late for that. Worse , it gets you out of returning to work there.
So don't get fired on purpose.
Will be a not so fun today at work for closing. We will be missing the 3rd person so will be struggling to get things done again probably get chewed out by the boss as we always do because in the chaos you forget things. But this place wants to understaff constantly so reap what they sow I do suppose. I'm to the point I don't even care when my crew gets chewed out. I do my job the best I can and actually try to do everything proper and correct

Will be a not so fun today at work for closing. We will be missing the 3rd person so will be struggling to get things done again probably get chewed out by the boss as we always do because in the chaos you forget things. But this place wants to understaff constantly so reap what they sow I do suppose. I'm to the point I don't even care when my crew gets chewed out. I do my job the best I can and actually try to do everything proper and correct
Twice the work , twice the pay. Oh , I've said it. Didn't get it. Well , one job some back pay and a raise....

Short my crew and bitch about what gets done , I might get a thick ear too.
That it is your boss bitching , tells you your boss either is not supported by management , or isn't a proper boss providing you with what you need to do the job.
Either way , that's not on you.
And if you want to invest in a company , you know one not to invest in.

I know a guy. Over 3000 a month I believe. (3000 , plus more for dining. And he dines) in an assisted/ independent living type huge facility/property.
Gorgeous place. And kept that way. He has a good time. Granted he'd rather be in the past. But that's not an option.
But he had the foresight to have his ducks in a row when he was old.
Lots of others there. Meaning lots of help needed .
Your boss would be left in the dust.

Were I learning the work I could tolerate some buttheads awhile.
But there might be more reason than being cheap you are short handed. Like turnover caused by being a lower choice place to work. And getting a reputation among workers who care for more than a paycheck.( I'm not saying it is such.)

My first legit company check was from McDonalds.
Bitch assistant manager would sit and curl her hair and threaten to call the police if we were not done closing in time at night. Now I was young. But no fool either. Learned as fast as I could and leveraged the job to get a better job. And a better boss.

Twice the work , twice the pay. Oh , I've said it. Didn't get it. Well , one job some back pay and a raise....

Short my crew and bitch about what gets done , I might get a thick ear too.
That it is your boss bitching , tells you your boss either is not supported by management , or isn't a proper boss providing you with what you need to do the job.
Either way , that's not on you.
And if you want to invest in a company , you know one not to invest in.

I know a guy. Over 3000 a month I believe. (3000 , plus more for dining. And he dines) in an assisted/ independent living type huge facility/property.
Gorgeous place. And kept that way. He has a good time. Granted he'd rather be in the past. But that's not an option.
But he had the foresight to have his ducks in a row when he was old.
Lots of others there. Meaning lots of help needed .
Your boss would be left in the dust.

Were I learning the work I could tolerate some buttheads awhile.
But there might be more reason than being cheap you are short handed. Like turnover caused by being a lower choice place to work. And getting a reputation among workers who care for more than a paycheck.( I'm not saying it is such.)

My first legit company check was from McDonalds.
Bitch assistant manager would sit and curl her hair and threaten to call the police if we were not done closing in time at night. Now I was young. But no fool either. Learned as fast as I could and leveraged the job to get a better job. And a better boss.
I know it's bad when the crew that's been there for years basically shrugs off getting yelled at because they are always understaffed as I've said. It's hard to remember everything in the rush when you are understaffed. I just realized for instance in the stay ins I forgot the soups on their trays. I had thought I'd got everything. But in a rush things get forgotten no matter how good you are

screenshot_20231015_221434_facebook-jpg.924571

I know it's bad when the crew that's been there for years basically shrugs off getting yelled at because they are always understaffed as I've said. It's hard to remember everything in the rush when you are understaffed. I just realized for instance in the stay ins I forgot the soups on their trays. I had thought I'd got everything. But in a rush things get forgotten no matter how good you are
Mehh.
How you deal with it matters. (To me anyways.)
Soups coming! When you realize it.

I was on the end of being served in my room in the hospital. (Served later than where they started. On an end so to speak and served last/near end.) Fine with me being third shift upon arrival. . BUT.
Rehab/therapy folks had me scheduled to be places when breakfast arrived at my room.
(A missing item wouldn't have mattered much.)

Secret that bugged me most?
Stench near kitchen. I'd wheel past it at times and it would hit me like a brick.
I used to wash dishes post McDonalds. Wash, rinse, sterilize, ect. Pre my cooking for a living.
So what was that stench? And when the heavy plastic food covers arrived on food that stench was there. (Great hospital and great food. Great staff ect.)
It was more than floor drains or I wouldn't smell it on my meal ? Or was it where stuff was stored? I left the issue be. But if it was my job to run the kitchen...It would be worth addressing.
My guess is it was heavy sterilizer (and a heavy bleach type base) "burning" waste food (meat in particular) and permeating plastic. (A condition and scent I create doing other tasks elsewhere during successful deer seasons..)

Mehh.
How you deal with it matters. (To me anyways.)
Soups coming! When you realize it.

I was on the end of being served in my room in the hospital. (Served later than where they started. On an end so to speak and served last/near end.) Fine with me being third shift upon arrival. . BUT.
Rehab/therapy folks had me scheduled to be places when breakfast arrived at my room.
(A missing item wouldn't have mattered much.)

Secret that bugged me most?
Stench near kitchen. I'd wheel past it at times and it would hit me like a brick.
I used to wash dishes post McDonalds. Wash, rinse, sterilize, ect. Pre my cooking for a living.
So what was that stench? And when the heavy plastic food covers arrived on food that stench was there. (Great hospital and great food. Great staff ect.)
It was more than floor drains or I wouldn't smell it on my meal ? Or was it where stuff was stored? I left the issue be. But if it was my job to run the kitchen...It would be worth addressing.
My guess is it was heavy sterilizer (and a heavy bleach type base) "burning" waste food (meat in particular) and permeating plastic. (A condition and scent I create doing other tasks elsewhere during successful deer seasons..)

Something I dread is bring the food trays into the rooms lol I never know what I'm walking into. Often you get unpleasant surprises tis the nature of this work lol

Something I dread is bring the food trays into the rooms lol I never know what I'm walking into. Often you get unpleasant surprises tis the nature of this work lol
This is where discretion in service comes in.
Not everyone accepts modesty has gone out the window. But the environment is unique.
To me , an alive resident is good. Most anything else I can get over in a year , or fifty.
And at the end of the day , we're all pretty much crazy. Regardless of denials.

JVA all traumatized.

Not everyone accepts modesty has gone out the window. But the environment is unique.
To me , an alive resident is good. Most anything else I can get over in a year , or fifty.

JVA all traumatized.
Also you'd be surprised how often the elderly get into altercations lol. I walk into the halls seeing childish arguments and threats of violence all the time lol.

Also you'd be surprised how often the elderly get into altercations lol. I walk into the halls seeing childish arguments and threats of violence all the time lol.
Maybe they come from a time when that was more common. My great grandpa used to say that when he'd hitch up the wagon to go to town he'd tie on a pair of boxing gloves, because whenever you go to town, you could pretty much figure on getting into a fight.

Where to begin?
Since Covid began….
😢Those we are 100% sure who have passed (those who’s true identity were known by other treasurenetters and they, in turn, relayed the somber news):

RTR- heart attack
BILL from Lachine- stroke

😢Those who have presumably passed away because no one knew their true identity and, therefore, we cannot verify 100%:

Hillbilly Prince (one of the first to disappear when Covid began)

Simon 1(Doug) had a stroke in late 2019 and then disappeared in the late summer of 2020 after severe weather caused damage to his property. I found an obituary which could have been his, but there’s no way I could be 💯 because I don’t know for sure where he lived in Iowa.

Rookster: last word that I remember being relayed was that he and his wife were in the hospital battling Covid. I think he contacted Bart. (?)

Others:

KCM: ?
GB1(your son). : turned 18 and is off enjoying life the last I heard. He may still lurk. Or maybe he’s been digging that tunnel?
ECS: banned. I don’t know if/when he will be back. I found out that I know a few people who winter in his area. I told them as much as I could about the ole hippy rockstar and instructed them to say,”Hello “ from me.

I feel like I am missing some.

Anyway, we do miss them all and I, for one, am glad to have met them online and got acquainted with them.

We have quite a few new pirates aboard the ship and they are great! Some closer to you on that side of the pond and time zones. I have already had to equip blossom with a gif to defend herself from facetiousness and I don’t think she would hesitate to use it. Lol

View attachment 2110165

Many thanks for all the infos Sis!!
And now I could kick my own Butt that I wasn´t here for quite a while and enjoyed my time with my friends here that past away or went missing.
But to be honest, i wasn´t in the mood for it after what happens to me, when I lost my business etc. (Some knows the story)
In fact I got some massive health problems since than caused by the following stress.

JVA all traumatized.
That scene disturbed me as a boy.....I remember going to work with my dad, he ran a big 5 star restaurant and worked from 3pm-12am....we stopped at a friend's at like 2am, and that scene was playing on there T.V. !! That rotting old woman in the bathtub scared the beeeejeeezus out of me !! Forever etched into my then 10 year old brain !!

That scene disturbed me as a boy.....I remember going to work with my dad, he ran a big 5 star restaurant and worked from 3pm-12am....we stopped at a friend's at like 2am, and that scene was playing on there T.V. !! That rotting old woman in the bathtub scared the beeeejeeezus out of me !! Forever etched into my then 10 year old brain !!
Maaaybe I should have found a better example of traumatized...

Found the other property stake. About ten foot farther than remembered, Or , inaccurately remembered.

Relic mode. A piece of tin and a pull tab buried in the loam nearby too.
Took measurements for setback requirements for an outbuilding...
Forgot camera.
About 75 maple trees mostly saplings to remove. One decent sized pine. Three or four bigger maples. Lots of stumps.
But getting a better idea.

Moving forward and away from rear corner set back imagining building position to screen a bit of road/home beyond quite a ways. But noisy.

Got another hunt in yesterday and boy does it feel good to get out. Moving slow but moving. Scored a great looking FE cent and my buddy dug a 1852 upper bank half cent, which is a first for all of us.
IMG_20231015_132057839_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231015_132111166.jpg
IMG_20231016_112939485.jpg
IMG_20231016_112851210.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back