THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Yesterday Mr WD said one of his employees told him a funny story about his wife. I gotta share. He and his wife were driving around the countryside and they spotted

View attachment 2110367

She asked him, “What do they season it with?”

True story! Lol
Pumpkin spice so it smells nice !!

Sigh shitty day at work. Taking orders when serving I get all mixed up and forget things. My first table wanted all kinds of special things and I screwed it all up and it took forever putting me behind. People got frustrated and mad. Makes me feel small and useless I try but my memory has always been bad when it comes to trying to remember all kinds of things at once. Really makes me feel low that I really can't even handle this job. I'm trying but just feels so useless. Some days I'm so depressed as I feel I'll never have a life just all I do is struggle.
I propose a buffet.
No , old folks aren't going to march and wheel through a buffet. Except in Florida. It's a law there or something.
(Not really.)

Of course folks get mad. They expect 5 star service and they're not the ones having to recall orders.

Meanwhile back at the hospital. I filled out what I'd have for a meal on thier tickets.
Granted coffee was about all I wanted , but it wasn't like I could order a pound of bacon and soy sauce to dunk it in either.
My point being , my filling out tickets (check the box along an item) eliminated whomever would be taking my order.
Of course things could get garbled beyond that point. But give me coffee and all's well. Hand me any plate with it and I'll try it if that's what we have to choose from.
Yes more coffee please Thank you!

Oh but they can't fill out thier own tickets , they'll get confused.
Really? They don't seem confused about complaining how I do it or deciding for themselves what's available do they?

1697573195690.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back