THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Yeah I'm not going to mess with lead I've already got enough issues already lol. I was hoping it's old. Thought it looked nest and never in newer stuff see the wagon showing a cover in the back. I'll have to see if someone around knows how to restore it properly and may know the age. There are a few local museums and universities and such that like to look at this stuff and can point me in the right direction.

This is how it will look after an SOFT air abrasion with round glass beads.
This pieces was found at our excavation sides and was also covert with white lead oxyde.
It can be cleaned this way without damaging the original lead patina!
The damages on the bulla where the grey lead shine through, came from the excavation itself!

Bulle.jpgMaria_1.jpg

This is how it will look after an SOFT air abrasion with round glass beads.
This pieces was found at our excavation sides and was also covert with white lead oxyde.
It can be cleaned this way without damaging the original lead patina!
The damages on the bulla where the grey lead shine through, came from the excavation itself!

View attachment 2109809View attachment 2109810
Very cool stuff

Very cool stuff

Thank You!
You can see more of my work here:

Thank You!

Neat stuff. Awesome to have the talent to restore things. I have a few things I wish I could get at least in better shape but I dare not touch already ruined a find trying to mess with it before lol

Thank You!

This for example I wish I was talented enough at least get back into shape. But I'm not going to try lol.

Attachments

• 20220622_074412.jpg
    20220622_074412.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20220622_074415.jpg
    20220622_074415.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20220622_074424.jpg
    20220622_074424.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20220622_074438.jpg
    20220622_074438.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20220622_074502.jpg
    20220622_074502.jpg
    928.8 KB · Views: 15
This for example I wish I was talented enough at least get back into shape. But I'm not going to try lol.

That can easy be done by any jeweler/Gold Smith!
No restorer needed in this case.
The only hard part here is, to polish the bent back and hammered areas in the same way the other parts look!
And I wouldn´t let him polish and work away all the scratches! No need for it to look like brand new.

It would cost more than the spoon is worth so my jeweler said. It's a 1880s silver spoon made in San Francisco. I so wise it could at least be brought back to shape

The only hard part here is, to polish the bent back and hammered areas in the same way the other parts look!
And I wouldn´t let him polish and work away all the scratches! No need for it to look like brand new.
Mind I cleaned and polished it

Neat stuff. Awesome to have the talent to restore things. I have a few things I wish I could get at least in better shape but I dare not touch already ruined a find trying to mess with it before lol

Post more pics Buddy!
May I can give you some Tips how you can do it carefully youself!
Restoration I no Magic and can be done by everyone if he knows how! :icon_thumright:

Post more pics Buddy!
May I can give you some Tips how you can do it carefully youself!
Restoration I no Magic and can be done by everyone if he knows how! :icon_thumright:
It's all I can do for now. I'm not home. It's locked in my safe

And… Good Afternoon… have risen from my bed today… yuck horrible flu like sickness has taken its toll …went out in the garden this am to top the flockers food up and the sunshine made me sneeze and eyes water 🤧 🤧 so it was a hard no to going detecting 😞 xx

fingers crossed I can rally enough to get out tomoz tho for you…! xx 🤗
Health first! Take care of your ladyship....first! We can wait!!

It's all I can do for now. I'm not home. It's locked in my safe

Even ancient corrodet and porous silber coins can be bent back this way if carefully done.
This 1880 silver is still solid in core which makes it much easier to bent it back using heat.
I bet you find several videos on youtube ho to do it!
I saw some in the past.

Even ancient corrodet and porous silber coins can be bent back this way if carefully done.
This 1880 silver is still solid in core which makes it much easier to bent it back using heat.
I bet you find several videos on youtube ho to do it!
I saw some in the past.
I'm so afraid I'll mangle it lol I mean more so than it is

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back