THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Mornin all.

Crawled around with pinpointer yesterday looking for two of the property stakes. Found one.
Starting to think I might need to use a detector. l.o.l..
The day without rain meant hustle.
Went to dry out a small heater stove salvaged from a demolition and couldn't find the propane hose I put in a safe place. (Safe from me I guess.)
This morning I'm thinking I hung it over a rail in the tarp shed. A place I didn't look yesterday because bugs could get in the hose...Cleaning mud dauber nests out of the control knob probably helped think it was in the solid shed. Or back of truck(s) or everywhere else it wasn't . Ah well.
Grape vines pulled and more yard stuff.
Still need to bleach dead mouse spots of hunting blind. A muddy route to get there. But when?
Dog food run a priority today. Which should have been one of yesterdays dry weather activity's..

Well know lol my recent find glows so pretty under the UV light. I'm such a child lol playing with the UV light seeing all the things that will fluoresce. This gem also have after glow. When I take the light away it still hold glow for a bit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231013-125313_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20231013-125313_Discord.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 11
Well the 🌶 had a great day.
Did the pickup, bought a 250 gallon diesel tank off the farm also.
The owner used a mini excavator to load in the back.
Diesel started sloshing out of the tank.
"Ya 🌶 there's some left in the tank"
Well at $6.78 a gal.
I'm smiling as he wanted $200 for the tank.
Stopped to play for 3hrs on the way home.
Saw 2 Doe, with the 2 younger ones.
There's always deer on this part of the road.
20231013_121952.jpg
20231013_130143.jpg
20231013_174351.jpg

I was thinking of doing a permission on the way home.
But the highway was buzzing with ATVs, side by sides all going out bow hunting.
So I driven by this hall for a decade now so I figured I'd kill the rest of the day.
Safer there than being killed by someone who doesn't have their glasses corrected.
3 hrs of detecting
1887 LC, 1919 5 cent, 1960 dime.
I left all the signals below the 80's.
Lots of signals, but hand digging has its limits.
7 pennies were 40's-50
20231013_212806.jpg
20231013_212818.jpg
20231013_212835.jpg
20231013_213511.jpg
20231013_140927.jpg

Nice photo
The one buck has a nice rack, though the younger Buck looks just as big in size.
Yep. There is one other buck that we see wander through now and then that makes these three look small. I’ve never managed to get a photo of him (yet) though.

Yep. There is one other buck that we see wander through now and then that makes these three look small. I’ve never managed to get a photo of him (yet) though.
Had a buck that hung around the property, only saw his hoof prints in the mud or snow.
It's been a couple of years now but the last imprint was up by the sugar shack, the herd had gone through and then ground froze.
I laid my hand over the track my palm measures 4.5" x 3.75" and I could still see the edges of the hoof print.
The first time I ever saw them along the field I thought we had a moose on the property.

Wow! Thats a big one alright!
Lived on Howe Island-the head waters of the St Lawrence River.
In 2009 the MNR said they had a 625 deer count on the island which was 8x2 miles in size.
A couple of the largest antler sizes were recorded off the island.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back