THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

And… Good Afternoon… have risen from my bed today… yuck horrible flu like sickness has taken its toll …went out in the garden this am to top the flockers food up and the sunshine made me sneeze and eyes water 🤧 🤧 so it was a hard no to going detecting 😞 xx

fingers crossed I can rally enough to get out tomoz tho for you…! xx 🤗

And… Good Afternoon… have risen from my bed today… yuck horrible flu like sickness has taken its toll …went out in the garden this am to top the flockers food up and the sunshine made me sneeze and eyes water 🤧 🤧 so it was a hard no to going detecting 😞 xx

Best not to push it as it'll last longer. Take it easy and get well quickly!

Does this look old to any of you posted it here awhile back but was curious.

Attachments

• Snapchat-653559997.jpg
    Snapchat-653559997.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 18
Nice photo
The one buck has a nice rack, though the younger Buck looks just as big in size.
The buck right side of tree shows a straight backline still. (We could use the other one to turn to compare...) Rear end slopes still. Raised leg blocks brisket observation. Protrudes more in older deer. Where his neck joins his body isn't a smooth transaction yet.
It helps a lot anytime multiple deer are near each other enough to compare.
On bucks one of the first things worth noting when looking for age is belly sag.
Without antlers to see , we'd still know our buck to the right of the tree isn't 3 yet. (He wrote confidently. l.o.l.)

He might go 2.5 years old. More likely he's a stout yearling (one year old) and that's his first set of antlers. Here I'd guess him a yearling , but know little of Missouri's deer.
But I see a picture of a bunch of healthy ones.
If right of tree is 2.5 he wintered on a poor diet. (His teeth would help tell, still he's not very old).
Minerals and such or in spring diet or delayed spring green up or just plain poor soil without enough good plants interspersed means a skeletal system gets taxed more.
However in the game of survival , antlers are a luxury and if they need to be stunted this year , so be it. Younger bucks have more important things to put health into. Still growing bones and cartilage ect..

Last edited:

Get well.
Treasure will wait.

On the other hand, does the treasure really care if you shed tears of grief of feeling terrible, snot from the nose from the cold and flu?
Nope, it just helps in the cleaning process.
Tough ❤️ here
Get better and get a digging please.
Not the same not seeing the old from afar.
(Written by a selfish 🌶)
Seriously though do get better soon blossom.

But I see a picture of a bunch of healthy ones.
I'd say your analysis is right on. I'm not sure of the ages of the bucks, but I think they were born last spring, at least the two smaller ones (right of tree and foreground). I didn't get any side views of the buck left of the tree, but here's one with his head down and turned slightly.
IMG_2477.jpeg

Well know lol my recent find glows so pretty under the UV light. I'm such a child lol playing with the UV light seeing all the things that will fluoresce. This gem also have after glow. When I take the light away it still hold glow for a bit

After glow????????
I would check ist with an radiation detector! :laughing7:
Dude, doesn´t look you life very safe between all that stuff! :tongue3:
Are you detecting at old nuclear test sides??? :laughing7:
:headbang:

After glow????????
I would check ist with an radiation detector! :laughing7:
Dude, doesn´t look you life very safe between all that stuff! :tongue3:
Are you detecting at old nuclear test sides??? :laughing7:
:headbang:
Most uranium glass is quite safe unless your are grinding it up and breathing it lol. Now it is natural for a lot of minerals to glow under UV and hold the energy for a bit causing what is called after glow. In the end just neat looking stuff. Though I think the gem might be a CZ because it glows green but no idea not knowledgeable enough in gems odd for a CZ to be in 14k.

Does this look old to any of you posted it here awhile back but was curious.

Damn, thats beautifull ! :love10:
Yup, it´s old because it is cast out of lead and not tin. You can see it on the white and very light brown oxyde. Also the grade of corrosion doesn´t happen to lead within a few decades!
If you know a restorer in your area, let it be cleaned with air abrasion and round glass beads on very low pressure ONLY!!
The white lead oxyde will disappear without damaging the nice Patina!
This is less than 5 Minutes work and will not coast very much.
Don´t try it yourself on lead! It is VERY harmfull to your body!!

Most uranium glass is quite safe unless your are grinding it up and breathing it lol. Now it is natural for a lot of minerals to glow under UV and hold the energy for a bit causing what is called after glow. In the end just neat looking stuff. Though I think the gem might be a CZ because it glows green but no idea not knowledgeable enough in gems odd for a CZ to be in 14k.

I was just kidding Buddy!! :laughing7:
:notworthy:

Damn, thats beautifull ! :love10:
Yup, it´s old because it is cast out of lead and not tin. You can see it on the white and very light brown oxyde. Also the grade of corrosion doesn´t happen to lead within a few decades!
If you know a restorer in your area, let it be cleaned with air abrasion and round glass beads on very low pressure ONLY!!
The white lead oxyde will disappear without damaging the nice Patina!
This is less than 5 Minutes work and will not coast very much.
Don´t try it yourself on lead! It is VERY harmfull to your body!!
Yeah I'm not going to mess with lead I've already got enough issues already lol. I was hoping it's old. Thought it looked nest and never in newer stuff see the wagon showing a cover in the back. I'll have to see if someone around knows how to restore it properly and may know the age. There are a few local museums and universities and such that like to look at this stuff and can point me in the right direction.

Yeah I'm not going to mess with lead I've already got enough issues already lol. I was hoping it's old. Thought it looked nest and never in newer stuff see the wagon showing a cover in the back. I'll have to see if someone around knows how to restore it properly and may know the age. There are a few local museums and universities and such that like to look at this stuff and can point me in the right direction.

Just tried some google pic search without any luck.
Nothing to find which means RARE!!
I guess from style and material it must be an early wild west toy from the 1900s or my earlier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back