THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

20231004_123034.jpg
voodoo spell cache. I found a site in the woods where a voodoo spell shrine has been set up.....I posted before about this and I have been desecratiing this shrine for a couple years. I figured i better go check it since i havnt been there since about April. The first time i raided this site i destroyed it thinking along the lines of religion. Well they rebuilt it, and i wanted to see if they would start burying money again......and they did !! So this is the amount of money they buried here since i last took there offering !! Ive gotten smarter, and i carfully remove there offering of coins, and let them believe there offering is being taken by there diety....whoever they prey to ? It makes no difference to me, for i care not which religion they practice, or which superstition they follow......i am the raider of the temple of doom, and will continue to accept there offering!! Ill have to clean and count my hoard this afternoon......I bet there's 50$ here, and probably 50 more out there i got sick of digging it all up !!

View attachment 2108151voodoo spell cache. I found a site in the woods where a voodoo spell shrine has been set up.....I posted before about this and I have been desecratiing this shrine for a couple years. I figured i better go check it since i havnt been there since about April. The first time i raided this site i destroyed it thinking along the lines of religion. Well they rebuilt it, and i wanted to see if they would start burying money again......and they did !! So this is the amount of money they buried here since i last took there offering !! Ive gotten smarter, and i carfully remove there offering of coins, and let them believe there offering is being taken by there diety....whoever they prey to ? It makes no difference to me, for i care not which religion they practice, or which superstition they follow......i am the raider of the temple of doom, and will continue to accept there offering!! Ill have to clean and count my hoard this afternoon......I bet there's 50$ here, and probably 50 more out there i got sick of digging it all up !!
Could just set them up with an account number to send money to!
"Doodle goat snake man "or something.

C'mon man! Fake it till ya make it! Put on your Superman shirt and zoom around.
L.o.l..

It didn't work for me but I used to insist on those crazy days , twice the work meant twice the pay. At least complaints were reduced if a boss approached with any.
I learned "I want a red one" from a nut that worked /ran a fancy kitchen.
Hid boss said there was no excuse for him to take lunch elsewhere and expect to be compensated for it.
So he had lobsters delivered.
Then when his boss complained again he told him I want a red one.
Red what? Ferrari.
Because that's what it's going to take to make me happy here.

Oh I used that line. And others.
But worked hard too.

Met a former co-worker many years later for lunch when he was within driving range on a delivery and we rehashed some fun crazy times. And hard work.
We were short handed as usual one particular crazy day and I came back from a quick break (determined by the line we were on ) and he'd made up a homeless hitchhiking person's looking help wanted sign and had it predominantly featured in our work area..

Another job in the airport kitchen we sang. A way to combat the crazy. A manager had anything to say about customers in earshot could help out if they showed up!
Wasn't uncommon for a manager and general manager and cook to be at it during shift change.
Wait staff obviously facing thier own fun.
A plane delay , flight cancellation ; and expect traffic.
Bad weather or each side of a holiday , feel the rumble of the stampede headed towards you!
Been okay today being down a person wasn't as chaotic so far

That sounds like every day to me. Staff has been cut twice, but the workload hasn't. Doing the work of two or three people is just expected these days I guess.
Generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder make this job extra stressful. I'm okay when I know what I'm doing just isn't always the case at the moment. Today has been okay with a person down

I went back to the dump site that appears to be from the 70’s. I did a little scratching around with mom’s rake. Best I found was the little marble. Dangerous amount of broken glass. I need to get back with a trash can.

View attachment 2108158

View attachment 2108159
Marbles a keeper!
I can almost smell that shaded dirt and green growth.

As a kid I dug dump sites in the woods with a stick. Preferably a stout one. Snap.
First roll the leaf litter off a spot. Then work through the loam and surface stuff. Loam was only around 3-4 inches thick but held a lot in some places.

A stick squeaks on glass if your goin easy on moving stuff. Alerting to potential bottles worth checking for breaks.

A former boss broke empty liquor bottles into the dumpster. Stating as I mentioned before that during prohibition all bottles were supposed to be destroyed. Which is why we find bottles from that era stating Federal law prohibits sale or reuse of this bottle.
Your in a seventies site but do you know yet what's below it?
If a gully or deep ditch or cellar it could have started earlier.
Glimpse of tree ages hint it might have been cleared land before dumped on?
Making the site more convenient that strategic , maybe.
A farm I hunted had a spot nearer the house with small volume. Winter use , or a busy in the kitchen lady perhaps. (Glass jar seals ,lids.)
And we know most farms had sites well away from the house for the "real" dump.

Marbles a keeper!
I can almost smell that shaded dirt and green growth.

As a kid I dug dump sites in the woods with a stick. Preferably a stout one. Snap.
First roll the leaf litter off a spot. Then work through the loam and surface stuff. Loam was only around 3-4 inches thick but held a lot in some places.

A stick squeaks on glass if your goin easy on moving stuff. Alerting to potential bottles worth checking for breaks.

A former boss broke empty liquor bottles into the dumpster. Stating as I mentioned before that during prohibition all bottles were supposed to be destroyed. Which is why we find bottles from that era stating Federal law prohibits sale or reuse of this bottle.
Your in a seventies site but do you know yet what's below it?
If a gully or deep ditch or cellar it could have started earlier.
Glimpse of tree ages hint it might have been cleared land before dumped on?
Making the site more convenient that strategic , maybe.
A farm I hunted had a spot nearer the house with small volume. Winter use , or a busy in the kitchen lady perhaps. (Glass jar seals ,lids.)
And we know most farms had sites well away from the house for the "real" dump.
Ah yes, this is along the creek on my back 40. I am sure down the hillside to the creek has older stuff. The tornado makes it darn well hard to get to. In my present state, impossible. Need a good frost to kill the vegetation and a few weeks of therapy. I wanted to get into the creek this year but it didn’t happen. I hate going back there alone but it has not worked out for me and my hunting buddy to go. The group I tried to organize got complicated. I don’t do complicated. Better get a fire lit because old age is grounding me. 🤬

Ah yes, this is along the creek on my back 40. I am sure down the hillside to the creek has older stuff. The tornado makes it darn well hard to get to. In my present state, impossible. Need a good frost to kill the vegetation and a few weeks of therapy. I wanted to get into the creek this year but it didn’t happen. I hate going back there alone but it has not worked out for me and my hunting buddy to go. The group I tried to organize got complicated. I don’t do complicated. Better get a fire lit because old age is grounding me. 🤬
Inch of rain supposed to be hitting here soon.
Your site after heavy rains should be when to hunt.
Only because my tractor might go it the creek working the site!

A bottle guy working a while at a place I did ; told tales of nabbing bottles as heavy equipment moved ground in the city.
Sometimes getting a quick peek at one and never seeing it again as it was churned along.
And being able to tell exactly what brand it was in that brief interval.
Blind in one eye since his youth. But an eye for bottles!

Not sure any more how he got access during working hours. Doubt it's doable today.
But yeah. Move a couple feet of soil off the top at a time there will be a bottom to the dump somewhere. l.o.l..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back