THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

20231004_074207.jpg

In my 30s I was the first mate of the "ARROWHEAD" !! By this time I had been fishing on long range long line boats for swordfish, and sharks for a decade. I had tremendous experience with large fish some up and over 1000 pounds. When this boat was built it was the largest sport fishing boat in the world, and had the longest out riggers ever built. I would long line fish, and then fly out to the islands to marlin fish on the arrowhead. No one took this boat seriously, and everyone thought it was to big to marlin fish. I went 4 out of 7 on blue marlin, and caught a white marlin in a morning and won a major tournament in it, and the whole sportfishing world changed from that day on. Big boats got popular !! She is still up there as one of the largest, but many more have come since those days !! Man they were good days, and they flew me everywhere in a private Gulfstream jet !! Unfortunately my boss died of cancer 3 years later and I was out of work !! But they were incredible jet setting days of mega marlin fishing !!

Good morning everyone. Off to work for me. Yesterday was a disaster with someone calling out and no one to replace so a job for 3 was done by two with one (me) with not enough experience to pick up the slack. I'll just say it was not a good time at all

View attachment 2108123
In my 30s I was the first mate of the "ARROWHEAD" !! By this time I had been fishing on long range long line boats for swordfish, and sharks for a decade. I had tremendous experience with large fish some up and over 1000 pounds. When this boat was built it was the largest sport fishing boat in the world, and had the longest out riggers ever built. I would long line fish, and then fly out to the islands to marlin fish on the arrowhead. No one took this boat seriously, and everyone thought it was to big to marlin fish. I went 4 out of 7 on blue marlin, and caught a white marlin in a morning and won a major tournament in it, and the whole sportfishing world changed from that day on. Big boats got popular !! She is still up there as one of the largest, but many more have come since those days !! Man they were good days, and they flew me everywhere in a private Gulfstream jet !! Unfortunately my boss died of cancer 3 years later and I was out of work !! But they were incredible jet setting days of mega marlin fishing !!
You went from a sharks tooth pendent to a treasure coin !

You went from a sharks tooth pendent to a treasure coin !
Yup...I have a big mako....that the one I'm wearing in the photo. Then we caught a major size great white, which I wore a tooth from for years, and then I found my first galleon coin, and now,....thank the lord....I have lots to choose from !!

Quick 📸 to say that I dug dirt.
Ships Token, slick copper, 1854 Half Penny, bullet in wood, little crotal, copper link chain, mashed 2 piece button, cuff button, buckle piece 2 little shots, mashed lead bullet.
Starting to figure out 3 site permission.
Pre map sites, old road ran through this 160 acre property.
Blacksmith shop across the road, part of 1000 acre permissions brother.
Need more land.🤣
Time to get busy on finishing shop.
20231004_084515.jpg

Quick 📸 to say that I dug dirt.
Ships Token, slick copper, 1854 Half Penny, bullet in wood, little crotal, copper link chain, mashed 2 piece button, cuff button, buckle piece 2 little shots, mashed lead bullet.
Starting to figure out 3 site permission.
Pre map sites, old road ran through this 160 acre property.
Blacksmith shop across the road, part of 1000 acre permissions brother.
Need more land.🤣
Time to get busy on finishing shop.View attachment 2108125
Nice work Peps!! xx 🤗

Yesterday was a disaster with someone calling out and no one to replace so a job for 3 was done by two with one (me)
That sounds like every day to me. Staff has been cut twice, but the workload hasn't. Doing the work of two or three people is just expected these days I guess.

Good morning everyone. Off to work for me. Yesterday was a disaster with someone calling out and no one to replace so a job for 3 was done by two with one (me) with not enough experience to pick up the slack. I'll just say it was not a good time at all
C'mon man! Fake it till ya make it! Put on your Superman shirt and zoom around.
L.o.l..

It didn't work for me but I used to insist on those crazy days , twice the work meant twice the pay. At least complaints were reduced if a boss approached with any.
I learned "I want a red one" from a nut that worked /ran a fancy kitchen.
Hid boss said there was no excuse for him to take lunch elsewhere and expect to be compensated for it.
So he had lobsters delivered.
Then when his boss complained again he told him I want a red one.
Red what? Ferrari.
Because that's what it's going to take to make me happy here.

Oh I used that line. And others.
But worked hard too.

Met a former co-worker many years later for lunch when he was within driving range on a delivery and we rehashed some fun crazy times. And hard work.
We were short handed as usual one particular crazy day and I came back from a quick break (determined by the line we were on ) and he'd made up a homeless hitchhiking person's looking help wanted sign and had it predominantly featured in our work area..

Another job in the airport kitchen we sang. A way to combat the crazy. A manager had anything to say about customers in earshot could help out if they showed up!
Wasn't uncommon for a manager and general manager and cook to be at it during shift change.
Wait staff obviously facing thier own fun.
A plane delay , flight cancellation ; and expect traffic.
Bad weather or each side of a holiday , feel the rumble of the stampede headed towards you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back