THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Bloody translate was asking how the boat ride was, so it was rough, that's not the best thing to deal with.
Though you survived, got rid of the boat from your (work) life.
Calmer waters are always a gift
Started out at 1-2feet. Came up biscayne bay, through stilts vill.....a group of homes that are out at sea and raised up on stilts/piles. Came out at the finger cuts, and made it out to fowery rock light....it turned to horrific rain lightning and thunder, and kicked up to 2-4 foot. Rode down close to the beach and by the time I got to bal harbor, sunny isles it was 4-6 foot. Finally ducked into Port everglades with 15-20 kts of wind, and 6 footers. Then called the Uber. Stopped at Lester's diner and had a big meal before Uber all the way to the keys !! It was a long day !!

Started out at 1-2feet. Came up biscayne bay, through stilts vill.....a group of homes that are out at sea and raised up on stilts/piles. Came out at the finger cuts, and made it out to fowery rock light....it turned to horrific rain lightning and thunder, and kicked up to 2-4 foot. Rode down close to the beach and by the time I got to bal harbor, sunny isles it was 4-6 foot. Finally ducked into Port everglades with 15-20 kts of wind, and 6 footers. Then called the Uber. Stopped at Lester's diner and had a big meal before Uber all the way to the keys !! It was a long day !!
It makes for a hard day for sure.
Did the boat have autopilot?
We had it on the trawler and it really made life a lot easier for navigation in rough waters.
Then again it was a slow process type of boating.
The rhythm of the wave action on Lake Ontario is much to be desired.
"The waves hit you every three to five seconds in the Great Lakes, where in the ocean it might be 10 to 12 seconds between waves,”

I have just joined the Dull Man’s Club on the book of face… its very funny….😂…. And yes i know im not technically a man… but ive never let that stop me 😆 xx
In this new world we can be whatever we want to be.
But darn it anyways it's going to take me a while to get used to addressing you as Mr Blossom and the side kick herself.

It makes for a hard day for sure.
Did the boat have autopilot?
We had it on the trawler and it really made life a lot easier for navigation in rough waters.
Then again it was a slow process type of boating.
The rhythm of the wave action on Lake Ontario is much to be desired.
"The waves hit you every three to five seconds in the Great Lakes, where in the ocean it might be 10 to 12 seconds between waves,”
I replaced a failing auto pilot unit and upgraded it to a larger more robust unit, and it was flawless!! But coming through feather bed banks, midnight pass, the finger channels, and stilts vill is tricky hand steering. Then auto pilot straight down the beach to port everglades!! Visibility was poor at best between flailing wind shield wipers, and green wa es breaking across the bow.....only lost one 200$ custom cushion off the bridge. Let me find a picture of this girl.

20220316_112501.jpg

Custom table on back deck.....quarter sawn Honduran mahogany

I love that boat so much I can't find a photo of it.....good riddance.....I put 90,000$ into it for about 4 trips over 3 years....the dream never panned out for my boss !! It was one of 2 bad decisions in 15 years.....it is a far better boat than when we purchased it. I prey it sells !! My boss on top of the 90,000 in upgrades paid me and my washer a tremendous amount of money 💰 to keep it in Bristol condition.

No big meal for me before another bouncy boat ride.
Handful of oyster crackers maybe.

How many zones you go through on such a run? L.o.l.. Like the cartoon where it is raining hard on one side of the state line , and perfect on the other.

(22 seconds silent intro before any sound. )

Edit! Wrong video. Sigh.. Slide Zone suits Barts trip better than Sin City. I think...?

Last edited:
Brrrrrr...that's crank up the heater weather!
You just pit another layer on, no sweating, bugs are leaving.
No frosts yet so the bush is still alive.
The ticks will be out now that this rain week passes.
Daily checking in order.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back