THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I asked my Pirate buddy where he wanted to go for lunch. He said Arrrrrrby's!
Screenshot_20230926_101719_Google.jpg

Spent a couple hours yesterday hunting a couple of Reno parks. Didn't find anything worth showing, but I'm getting a little disgusted by the parks department.
Reno is one of the fastest growing cities in the west and tax revenues are at an all time high and yet the parks are being ignored. Both parks I went to had weeds growing all over the tot lots and volleyball courts. Even Bindii (goat heads) sprawling out 3 feet all over the tot lots!

Okay, rant over. Sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_5784.jpeg
    IMG_5784.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
After looking at some posts, I realize that I don't post alot of jewelry I get....in my eyes these paltry finds wouldn't merit a post from me, and might not even be mentioned in a post of other finds.....these tiny earrings and earring backs and bits and clasps just get thrown in a pile somewhere. I really am looking for quality not quantity. I've found a tremendous amount of cheap jewelry that rarely gets mentioned in my posts.....many times it's there in the background. I'd rather have 1 good gold, than any of the cheap silver, and plated crap.....im still fondling that Tiffany platinum......I might find another one tomorrow, or I might not ever get one again !! Its the heavy quality pieces I'm hunting !!
On the Coleman forum folks that score a nice lantern deal ect. often get a "you suck!"
So , you suck!

Tiny stuff matters, Cheap stuff matters.
Nickles matter.

I know a gal.
Her and her departed mother discussed a ring in a field with me.
Thek the gal gave me the story of the loss and approx. location of a diamond earing she lost in a scuffle someone else was in that she got involved in.
What a lousy site to detect.
Firstly it is very highly conspicuous in daylight and near a place you really don't want attention....But more ; a strip that goes back to village origin and trash ever since.
The strip part might help the most in defining a search but would still a very long gridding. In hopes the diamond didn't get lifted and or smacked to a new home by a mower blade. IF the diamond didn't land on hard surface prior.

But at the end of the day , could I locate an earing stud in there? Amid hundreds of signals , maybe thousands? I doubt it. Not without removing a lot of other stuff first. And it's grassed and public. My point being , tiny junk stuff locating skill matters. Every piece. At least when your next project is locating a tiny peep amid loud honking sounds!( Some literally horns.)

Which reminds me , I tossed a gas station on the ground stud in my truck somewhere a while back with a presumed fake stone...And forgot about it.

Last edited:
View attachment 2106958some of the micro bits and bobs from this season...ill sort through this stuff on rainy days, like today !!View attachment 2106959
Yessir! That's where it counts if you need tested!

Individual lead birdshot. Tennis shoe eyelet. (My version of diamond studs l.o.l..)
All the while knowing it's the squeak you want to ignore; testing your detecting.

Mornin all.

Clouded up yesterday and I scrambled to get tools put away and stuff covered up.
Made a run for recreational fuel (non ethanol) and within an hour no more rain.
But wet ground =mud so I stayed off with the wheelchair.
Leather shoe still stinks like old gas. Oooops.
Hit and miss rain today has me debating how to resume ,but not too hard.

What i am refering to is behind and below ... "AL91" which is catching up to Phillipe... and sucking its energy.... which would cause it to become massive QUICK.
And its speed will not help if it starts tracking towards us... it will lend little time.

What i am refering to is behind and below ... "AL91" which is catching up to Phillipe... and sucking its energy.... which would cause it to become massive QUICK.
And its speed will not help if it starts tracking towards us... it will lend little time.
Ah Cap'n I think youz worry too much about the unknown.
If it happens you still have loads of time to prepare.

But…i did manage to have a brainwave… the Basset Pawty is fast approaching nd as you know bassets are a hunting dog… hence the inclusion of the sausage race… so have upped the anti.. and the owners will now need to be mounted in the spirit of hunting.. 2 Hunters have been booked… both seasoned professionals.. so should be able to handle the excitement that will abound… here they are … 😆 xx
I love it! Please get us. Some pics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back