THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Spent a couple hours yesterday hunting a couple of Reno parks. Didn't find anything worth showing, but I'm getting a little disgusted by the parks department.
Reno is one of the fastest growing cities in the west and tax revenues are at an all time high and yet the parks are being ignored. Both parks I went to had weeds growing all over the tot lots and volleyball courts. Even Bindii (goat heads) sprawling out 3 feet all over the tot lots!

Okay, rant over. Sorry.
Here in California one near me a family was cleaning it up. They later wrote in chalk please throw your trash away. Next I saw a family tightening and repairing the play ground another day. Sad that the community has to take things into their own hands.

Another pleasant story I forgot to tell. A few days back I was walking to work. I have to pass by a middle school. The kids where out running laps for PE. Suddenly a group of them goes along side the fence trialing me and keeping up with me. They then say all kinds of horrid things to me meanwhile the yard duty people just sit and watch. They go on the whole time I'm walking just saying such vile things. I'm thinking to myself what's wrong with kids. I never thought things like that that age and if I did and said it to an adult my father would of ended me lol. A lady was walking by with here toddler children shaking her head and gets to me and says kids are terrible these days aren't they. I was completely appalled by said behavior.

I love it! Please get us. Some pics!
Of course! Many years ago I was a riding instructor…. So arranged a little show for the kids… not wanting to leave the parents out…. I got them to take part in the “Grand National”… racing each other round a course of jumps in the indoor school on hobby horses… it was hysterical …… 😆 xx

Another pleasant story I forgot to tell. A few days back I was walking to work. I have to pass by a middle school. The kids where out running laps for PE. Suddenly a group of them goes along side the fence trialing me and keeping up with me. They then say all kinds of horrid things to me meanwhile the yard duty people just sit and watch. They go on the whole time I'm walking just saying such vile things. I'm thinking to myself what's wrong with kids. I never thought things like that that age and if I did and said it to an adult my father would have ended me lol. A lady was walking by with here toddler children shaking her head and gets to me and says kids are terrible these days aren't they. I was completely appalled by said behavior.
Sorry that happened to you. I can’t imagine kids doing that.

Tell me....what's the last time you tried that. 😇
Everytime I go out swinging the detector.
Don't you know that you have the ability to smell the finds.
If not I will recommend that you get some smelling salts.
Wakes up that 👃 really quick.

They want to be found. 🥰

IMG_4166.jpeg

Here in California one near me a family was cleaning it up. They later wrote in chalk please throw your trash away. Next I saw a family tightening and repairing the play ground another day. Sad that the community has to take things into their own hands.
Yes, but on the other hand, very good that they do! It's great to see people in the community actually taking care of things!

Yes, but on the other hand, very good that they do! It's great to see people in the community actually taking care of things!
We moved to a small hamlet.
I use to do things for the community hall, install planters in the community.
Small repairs that need to be done.
The township then required all volunteers to fill out an application for to be a volunteer.
Now to get anything done, it has to go an agenda, then at the next Meeting its discussed, vote on, the if it costs a few $$ it has to get approved by the township.
So when they required the application I walked.
There is a committee to do this and that and it's all 🤣.

Too much politics now.

Thanks. We’re supposed to get hard rain tonight and tomorrow. I’m grounded for the weekend due to the number two grandson having a birthday party Saturday. So I’m hoping that will wash some up and I find more. Although, it will raise my average. Lol
It has been 15 long yrs since I have found one on this side of the pond.
20230926_194139.jpg

Nearly 55yrs for my favorite 😍
20230926_194203.jpg
I have walked a few waterways, thousands of hours looking at the dirt over these past 15 yrs for my next one, but it's slow in coming up to meet my eyes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back