THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Got room for these wet suits ?... wanna take them all... cannot figure out which one to wear and will decide on the water.

download (1).jpg

Funny story.........

So the above was sorta a reality one time....
So i meet this guy who said he dives...
We hit it off and i tell him i will call him next time i was going out and he could jump on my boat and join us....
So... that day came and i called... i tell him to meet me at dock with his gear ready to go....

AS i am approaching dock i see him waving.... and next to him is this PILE of dive gear...

Before i even got close to dock i yell at him... "your gonna have to rethink that gear".

He gets a little flustered by this ... and i am like look man your not getting on this vessel with 300 lbs of gear... not gonna happen.
He was getting a little upset over it.
Needless to say... an hour later i had to a normal level of gear and it was a day all the way around (arrrg)
So......
We are no longer "chums"... i will leave it at that.

:P

Peps... i will say that with the "blue screen" on my old computer it has sat dormant since.
It contained all my old photos etc.... i am on my laptop as we speak now which contains none of that sorta stuff.
I planned on having my old one serviced but have yet to.
I did take the Go Pro out last time i detected and did a couple quick vids... but i am not sure how to load a video... have some pictures somewhere round here.

Pepperj 's world....
20230917_145752.jpg

Bart's world.....
Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 7.31.08 AM.png

Both float (I hope)
But just an example on how 2 lives are in different leagues but still have a common element.

I guess what I'm getting at is if we measure ourselves against others it's sometimes a tad out of ability to grasp.
I have next to zero chance of recovering the gold or ship wreck treasures.
But then again we don't even try to measure the 2 worlds as it would just be a total bummer for the Bart.:laughing7:
(Like really how can he even come close to comparing or even competing with my big blue salvage vessel )
So keep trying buddy-keep posting up that shiny gold, the encrusted silvers, and throw a pull tab in once in a while to make that other feller feel warm and cozy.

Truthfully you are a inspiration to many and the sharing never gets old, it just grows.
It gives many the hope that little dreams grow into real life adventures.
Share-because there are many that do care that others share.

I accept what my world gives me for finds, I would love to once again dig in the blossoms dirt and spend my time. The thoughts of blowing bubbles in the sea, fanning the gold free.
But these are just a dream, an inspiration to just get out and play in the dirt, that is my play ground these days.

So to the fellow pirates that are struggling with the day think of it in another way.
We're all alive-bonus (we have lost too many pirates these past few years)
Not live in the past-but don't forget the cherished those moments either.
Get out and enjoy a little nature-as it's worth more than most finds.
Laugh-even at the silliness of oneself.

Hope you start to feel better my friend. It comes in waves, and your in a bad cycle right now !! Try to find some positive things in life to feel good about, and you'll pull out of this.....obviously if this job is terrifying you then you should stop immediately. But if you stop you should immediately try to find another job that you can handle and enjoy. Im sorry your feeling down on yourself, but its so hard to help from the internet.....all we can do is try to cheer you up from afar.....I definitely don't want to do more harm with my posts, and I hope I don't make you feel inadequate, or upset by my posts.....your making me feel bad for posting things that are enjoyable and happy moments for me....please....don't make me feel like I'm harming you by posting happy moments. All I can say is I'm hoping you get some relief from your anxiety. I really hope you quit this job today.....it may be harming your mental health, and there will be other jobs. Get better john.....my heart aches for you brother.....I hate to hear you suffering, and I hope you can OWN this and get through it.....hang tuff John....we all want to see you happy, and healthy..... unfortunately all we have to offer is kind words, encouragement, and advice !! You'll have to do the work to get better.
God bless you brother....I never meant to make you or anyone else feel inferior. 🙏
Oh no never feel that way I enjoy seeing everyone's adventures. My life just happens to be quite boring and stressful at the moment

Peps... i will say that with the "blue screen" on my old computer it has sat dormant since.
It contained all my old photos etc.... i am on my laptop as we speak now which contains none of that sorta stuff.
I planned on having my old one serviced but have yet to.
I did take the Go Pro out last time i detected and did a couple quick vids... but i am not sure how to load a video... have some pictures somewhere round here.
I have a XPS that died-contained a library of mapping and photos.
Still it's been 10 yrs and I have yet to take the unit in and get he information transferred over to a memory stick.
$70 it would all be done.
30 yrs for us to transfer all our world travel pictures
Maybe we should make that a winter's project ARC-let's get our history back up and running to the point we can share a little bit of the past.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back