THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

last night, number one grandson brought a load of dirt and spread it around with a shovel and rake. I told him that grandpa could use the tractor and save his back. Nope. He did it all.

IMG_4139.jpeg

IMG_4140.jpeg

Grandpa wasn’t satisfied, so he came home and used the tractor to knock down the high spot. Then, we moved dirt away from the slab so that I can lay out that black weed control material and start putting back the rocks and ornamental grass (hopefully it will grow back). Still need to find me a Chiropractor. Oh well. No pain no gain.

IMG_4141.jpeg

View attachment 2106040
No need for the tool bag and paddle anymore.....im confident she's good and running well now.
You do know ,most boats are female , right? Ad as such may not always want to go where you do , and when so ;usually balking at most inappropriate times.
Nice boat though! Cleaned and tuned up nice.

Oh no never feel that way I enjoy seeing everyone's adventures. My life just happens to be quite boring and stressful at the moment
Sorry for laughing.
Was thinking (yes it's a hazard but so it goes) before reading your post ; about not being tearful I'm not in shark water detecting when I hit the nearest boring park.
Because I attract luck. You know , like five swimmers , one bitten R.C..
Then the earlier posts.
I'm kind of a trusting guy. But faith in someone on deck while I'm in a suit depending on them for air... As I asked a friend after someone he took good care of embezzled an outrageous amount of money from....Who do you trust?

63c4c33721082636416878bcb9a76b61--scuba-diving-underwater.jpg

I'm trying. I often feel bad because well I often talk about my struggles and I know people don't like downers nor attention seekers. Though I am not seeking attention people can view it that way and my anxiety makes me think it's seen as that way. I legitimately struggle so often. I have no one to really talk to and talking to family ends in no understanding and fights and me shutting off from everyone. It's hard when your own brain is your enemy. It's not an enemy you can avoid or hide from. You're stuck trying to figure out how to deal with it or even if you can. I'm 32 and despite my various efforts there's no relief. One starts to wear down. It's hard when you're wrote off and people have no idea how it is or the amount of anxiety and everything else you experience.
We get to fighting yet? No.

Pick a song. Maybe.
A fellow worker and I used to duet when things were craziest. From a distance! L.o.l..
But many 's the times over the years it was a silent song when solo.
And I've mentioned before my worst days song , (focus on the instruments notes) to keep going with/on. Yes you need focus on your job. But the surplus that allows stress is diverted into staying on the next note.
Work is really work many days. So on with it. Probably a song about it. Or five.

Well the 🌶 was filling the saw.
You get that feeling where something is watching you. 👀
I stood there 👀 the lay of the land.
There it was staring at me.
Big mouthed guy, smirk in the corner.
I thunk its guarding something.
Maybe I should start a thread.
Heck folks will be swinging the crystal over the picture.
Treasure 🌶, dig man dig.
Oh but I am scared I'll claim.
Ok 🌶 those mushrooms were a tad off.🤣
So can you see it?
20230920_123751.jpg

Treasure 🌶, dig man dig.
So can you see it?
View attachment 2106090
No… i dont see no critter… 😳just pretty colours 😆 xx

Drag back that big money! We'll help ya spend it...
Lol server/kitchen worker does not bring much money especially in California. $15.67 an hour. Crazy though a thing is passing where franchises fast food wise have to pay 20 an hour in California. Which I don't quite understand. My pay especially part time isn't going far most is going to family and the rest left won't be much and will be for things I need.

Well John....l would like to tell you that I for one understand that you are truly struggling, and I would never doubt that it must be scary as hell to be dealing with it. I sincerely wish that I could say something magic that could fix or help you.....so here's my best magic words

I truly care, and wish you the best....hoping today will be better than yesterday for you !! God bless !!
Thank you. I've made it 32 years so I guess one just keeps going like it or not

Treasure 🌶, dig man dig.
So can you see it?
View attachment 2106090
I don't see nothin...
6hP0uP8.jpg

Lol server/kitchen worker does not bring much money especially in California. $15.67 an hour. Crazy though a thing is passing where franchises fast food wise have to pay 20 an hour in California. Which I don't quite understand. My pay especially part time isn't going far most is going to family and the rest left won't be much and will be for things I need.
You wrote that like you don't want our help spending it...
:skullflag:

Looks a little bit more exciting than what we whinge about over here!😬 Is there a lot to do before it arrives?
Always... but it is still too early yet to start that shin dig... too many variations with the storm.
It is not yet even something to worry about and then the track can vary widely as well.
In the next few days it will begin to give hints to the above possibles.

But to answer your question ... IF... repeat IF... we know that my area could be on the board of possibility... then yes there is alot to do...
Boarding windows.
Picking up anything that can become airborne.
Stocking up on supplies.
--- these are the bare minimum.
IF... we are not / no longer just on the board... but in or near the bullseye...
Well then...
The real work begins.... starting with getting anything and everything several feet off the ground as well as a barrage of other preps that require an exhaustive amount of work.
All of which must be undone afterwards if it decides to change path at the last moment and go another way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back