THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

My brother came in to town Saturday to go to the air races yesterday. It was the final day of the LAST Reno Air Races. We were hoping for a good, clean day of racing with the largest crowd ever after last years' disappointing end (a plane crashed on the course and the pilot died).

Barely getting into the afternoon races a couple of T-6's collided trying to land after their race. Both died.

What a sad way to put an end to such an iconic event.

Well I have a couple of hired hands arriving this morning again to help finish the board and batten on the shop.
They've been working on the project off and on for a few weeks now.

Friday was the start of the trim. 172 lineal feet is need before the battens are installed.
74 ft was installed 😌

It's a case where I thought I hired a company to be doing the job.
Owner was to be on site when the installation was happening.
I volunteered to help out with the cutting.
So I have ended up dealing with 2 capable grunts with nail guns, that aren't too adverse in communication/figuring out how to resolve an issue with anything.
I really hope today goes better than Friday because the 🌶's Fuse was smoldering something bad.
Hope everyone has a great day.
If the 🌶 isn't on the chat, its because the fuse burnt.
Pirates please bake a cake, insert a file.
Post it to my local crowbar hotel please.
Easy does it Boss man. Good help is hard to find. You know , the kind that shows up. Never mind how fast they are.

Keep it safe. You'll get there. Might be the most expensive batten work in Canada but you'll get there. If you don't run out of pay or incentive first.

:whip2:

Easy does it Boss man. Good help is hard to find. You know , the kind that shows up. Never mind how fast they are.

Keep it safe. You'll get there. Might be the most expensive batten work in Canada but you'll get there. If you don't run out of pay or incentive first.

:whip2:
Just remember the file please.
If there was a little thought into the process before just measuring and nailing, we could not be doing the ripe down/repair/start where we were 3 hrs previous.
5 hrs 3 window trim on, and 1 trim board.
THE REST OF THE TIME WAS FIXING THE ISSUES.
Great thing about it my Fuse is sputtering, the length of this Fuse is to be determined.
Need to have some lunch.
If this good men, I will have to refrain from saying to much more.
Family forum 🤣🤣

I am glad to have be off work today and tomorrow. I've had an absolute awful time with it. I've come home about in tears because I've felt so overwhelmed and like a failure. Also it's in covid lockdown at my work so getting thrown into that being new has made things extra difficult for anxiety riddled me. I though work would make me feel better about myself but the opposite has happened. I can't even handle a part time job so makes me feel I'll never have a life as I struggle with far too many stupid things. Ugh so frustrated. Sorry had to rant a bit

Just remember the file please.
If there was a little thought into the process before just measuring and nailing, we could not be doing the ripe down/repair/start where we were 3 hrs previous.
5 hrs 3 window trim on, and 1 trim board.
THE REST OF THE TIME WAS FIXING THE ISSUES.
Great thing about it my Fuse is sputtering, the length of this Fuse is to be determined.
Need to have some lunch.
If this good men, I will have to refrain from saying to much more.
Family forum 🤣🤣
3 hours rework?
I'm patient.
But it would be hard to sleep listening to the cries of the laborers nailed to the barn wall.
Rule # 1. You's got ta be smarter than the board! (No , I 'm not always. You'd want to hire me for something other. Testing the boat for flotation or something.)

I am glad to have be off work today and tomorrow. I've had an absolute awful time with it. I've come home about in tears because I've felt so overwhelmed and like a failure. Also it's in covid lockdown at my work so getting thrown into that being new has made things extra difficult for anxiety riddled me. I though work would make me feel better about myself but the opposite has happened. I can't even handle a part time job so makes me feel I'll never have a life as I struggle with far too many stupid things. Ugh so frustrated. Sorry had to rant a bit

You any good at nailing trim and battens?

You any good at nailing trim and battens?
Most likely not as I don't even know what that is. Not sure I'm got at much of anything besides being good at being good at nothing. Mind I'm a very hard worker and understand work isn't meant to be fun it's work. I've worked in the orchard hours on end in heat and cold. I've gone long hours doing work. I have done many mundane tasks hours on end content with it. I'm just terrible at things when a lot is going on my brain gets easily twisted all up.

I am glad to have be off work today and tomorrow. I've had an absolute awful time with it. I've come home about in tears because I've felt so overwhelmed and like a failure. Also it's in covid lockdown at my work so getting thrown into that being new has made things extra difficult for anxiety riddled me. I thought work would make me feel better about myself but the opposite has happened. I can't even handle a part time job so makes me feel I'll never have a life as I struggle with far too many stupid things. Ugh so frustrated. Sorry had to rant a bit
breaks are needed. Do what works for you to unwind. Go swing that metal detector, if it helps.

Eh just busying myself doing actual house cleaning lol
Ugh! I hate that too! As we post the dryer is buzzing, the washer beeped several minutes ago, I’m looking at a basket of clothes that needs put away, the vacuum cleaner is winking at me and it’s time for supper. Yet here I am. 😂

1695063695937.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back