THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Picking up this beauty from the 1800’s today. Not sure what we’re going to with it yet. The previous owners used it as a coffee table. View attachment 2105553

View attachment 2105554

I can tell you that I will not be making apple butter in it. Lol
That's an awesome looking copper pot WD

Copper was used as a cooking vessels because it conducts heat so well.
I agree on the apple butter as it's a tad too acidic for this vessel.

Now if you suspect the water is a tad funky (neighbour's cow patty infecting the ground water)
Here is a helpful tip.
"Water stored in copper pots can eliminate E.Coli within 24 hours. It also helps combat water borne diseases like Salmonella, typhus, Shigella spp., cholera and viruses such as, Enterovirus and Hepatitis A"

That's an awesome looking copper pot WD

Copper was used as a cooking vessels because it conducts heat so well.
I agree on the apple butter as it's a tad too acidic for this vessel.

Now if you suspect the water is a tad funky (neighbour's cow patty infecting the ground water)
Here is a helpful tip.
"Water stored in copper pots can eliminate E.Coli within 24 hours. It also helps combat water borne diseases like Salmonella, typhus, Shigella spp., cholera and viruses such as, Enterovirus and Hepatitis A"
Dang! I did not know all of that! So if SHTF, this could/would be a crucial piece to have?

Dang! I did not know all of that! So if SHTF, this could/would be a crucial piece to have?
Most big companies use copper vessels for making beer/candy.

I bought these huge copper tub/vat/vessels that looked like cement mixer tubs, except mine were 4ft across, and had golfball dents all over them.
The company made Wrigley's Chiclets gum.
They were awesome-gave a few away for gifts, to be used as large planters at the entrance way to the homes.

That’s awesome. :)
I remember the VIC 20. Never had the money for one at the time, but I did have a C64. The oldest computer I still have is an Amiga.
I even have one of these still.

878562d6-3cfd-4ddd-b204-4b26ed178557_108242261568653.jpeg

Timex Sinclair. 😏

I also saw another freak optical illusion.....a false island made from light raine hitting the water miles away.....the light spray on top of the water from the raindrops hitting the ocean creates a low haze that also refracts like a rainbow, but only about 2 -3 feet above the water......from 5 or more miles away this looks like an island that formed out of nowhere !!
No....the island is there. It's just invisible until the right conditions. I believe it's called "Fantasy Island".

Last edited:
Bart just reminded me that I forgot to answer releventchair.

Yes, I have been to chiropractor before and he made mention of my foot/leg always being shorter than the other. One day not too long ago, I had a memory of my teenage years. Two summers in a row my right foot was in a cast for breaking my ankle in the same spot no less. Any way, at the time “they” were using this rubber stub in the bottom of the cast for a person to be able to walk on it without crutches. I have to wonder if this didn’t cause me to be whopper-jawed now. 🤷‍♀️
When a ridge runner has to tread flatland , a lift on the shorter leg can help.

But , joints and bone can get misshaped too from wear or how they are used. Making saying a lift can help a potential misdiagnosis from here...
It can change how a bad joint rides/works and feel better , while not actually improving the condition.

Mornin all.

Mornin all.

Looks like I am going to be able to make one heck of a meringue pie! Lol

Mrs 🫑 got the 🌶 to bid on a boat.
🌶 stated to Mrs 🫑 that he's going to be using it for detecting along the shoreline.
Long handled spoon scoop.
Might work just fine.
Gas is cheap, 2 plates of beans and we'll be just motoring along.
20230917_145752.jpg

Mrs 🫑 got the 🌶 to bid on a boat.
🌶 stated to Mrs 🫑 that he's going to be using it for detecting along the shoreline.
Long handled spoon scoop.
Might work just fine.
Gas is cheap, 2 plates of beans and we'll be just motoring along.View attachment 2105629
Now this will be a sight to behold…. We must have Pics of Pirate Peps aboard this vessel on the maiden voyage…. 🍿 at the ready…… 😆 xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back