THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I hate how I am. My anxiety gets so severe. I'm diagnosed with severe generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder. I feel like such a loser 32 and this is my first real job because I'm so far behind in everything. I'm trying because I hate feeling like such a loser. I wake up feeling such dread knowing I've got to go to work just so anxious over it. But I go I'm always on time. Even the days I've got to wake up at 4:30am to get to work since I walk about 25 minutes to get there. I dread being there but I make sure I am there even when every bit of me doesn't want to go and inside I want to quit because I'm struggling so bad but I'm still going.
I'd still work you , and you know that.
You are conscientious. And you might be surprised how many are not.
On time? Egads you're old school!
But hey , that has value today. And is a peeve of mine when people are not timely.
I don't wear a watch but show up early and wait at most appointments.
Dentist who knows I'm timely apologized for making me wait one visit. I suggested that be remembered if I'm ever late.

Keep going. Don't know the results of sticking with it until you stick with it.
Folks might not object to you serving them. (Even if you're on time... :rolleyes: )

I'd still work you , and you know that.
You are conscientious. And you might be surprised how many are not.
On time? Egads you're old school!
But hey , that has value today. And is a peeve of mine when people are not timely.
I don't wear a watch but show up early and wait at most appointments.
Dentist who knows I'm timely apologized for making me wait one visit. I suggested that be remembered if I'm ever late.

Keep going. Don't know the results of sticking with it until you stick with it.
Folks might not object to you serving them. (Even if you're on time... :rolleyes: )
Another bad part is my mother works here as well different department but comes into the kitchen area to make stuff for her activities(she's the activity director for the elderly) she happened to come in when I got overwhelmed and panicked and couldn't do the serving part. I was like I'm quiting(wasn't going to quit just got so overwhelmed I panicked) and she got well pissed and my boss was like he's fine he's new he won't know it all and we know he has anxiety issues it's alright. But times like that I feel awful. I don't like letting the rest of the crew down and putting more work on my team. It isn't supposed to be that way they shouldn't have to suffer because I suck at the job

I deal with the same people sitting at the same tables because it's an assisted living home. So I have to kind of know names. My brain has just always been terrible at taking in multiple bits of information at once. I really struggle with it. I feel bad because when it comes to the part of having to serve and take orders I'm no help
Sometimes names are really hard to remember Joe.
I have problems also, but not faces.

Another bad part is my mother works here as well different department but comes into the kitchen area to make stuff for her activities(she's the activity director for the elderly) she happened to come in when I got overwhelmed and panicked and couldn't do the serving part. I was like I'm quiting(wasn't going to quit just got so overwhelmed I panicked) and she got well pissed and my boss was like he's fine he's new he won't know it all and we know he has anxiety issues it's alright. But times like that I feel awful. I don't like letting the rest of the crew down and putting more work on my team. It isn't supposed to be that way they shouldn't have to suffer because I suck at the job
You want I should laugh , or cry?
So your boss understands.
Dang.
Away you go then!

Focus on what don't suck.
You have folks there with bigger problems. Like not getting wheeled out dead in the wee hours of the night.
And they will anyways.
Till then , you are thier bridge between a table and the kitchen.
Trust me , you can handle that.
And when someone is missing and you know it , does thier name matter more than how you got along? What if they were not pleased with you or anyone else at the end?
What if you feel a twinge in your heart because a sweetheart ol, gal is gone now?

A boss told me once when I was spiraling , "just do your job." He was right.
After that when I was agitated, I'd focus on the task at hand. And excelled at it. At least in my way I did. l.o.l..
When repeatedly two people replaced me as I went on to other jobs , I might have been running on too much agitation. Or whatever it could be called.

Oohh … i may have just got back from a little scamper round a field… it was almost dark on the way back to the truck… but how pretty are the little flashing lights on the coil.. and the pinpointer light .. well thats was also v cool 😆…!!! xx its now 9pm so find cleaning will have to wait till the am 😆 xx

IMG_8871.jpeg

Oohh … i may have just got back from a little scamper round a field… it was almost dark on the way back to the truck… but how pretty are the little flashing lights on the coil.. and the pinpointer light .. well thats was also v cool 😆…!!! xx its now 9pm so find cleaning will have to wait till the am 😆 xx

View attachment 2103905
Pretty 😍
I just got back from a little playtime.
Want to play some finds poker?
Best 5 finds wins a free round of rum.
(Generosity of the Cap'n locker)

Well the 5 pm advisory just came out... this sucker is already a Cat 3 tetering on being a Cat 4 already... only needs 1 more mph wind speed to be a 4... sheesh.

View attachment 2103913
Time to work the cuts.

Though still far out at sea, the hurricane center warned that "dangerous surf and rip currents are expected along most of the U.S. East Coast beginning Sunday."

Here are two interesting articles I just came across…

Ed T🤔

Good morning one and all… we made it to Friday with out being questioned by the men with badges … always a good week that! 😎 xx 🤗

so as a treat, got you a little something to have with your morning coffee xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back