THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Alright.... I get it whadi !! Well let's put it this way......im sure he gets the gold whadi, and im sure he digs alot of the iron I leave behind. I'll take the Pepsi challenge with him any day.....and im confident enough in my skill level that I would absolutely crush him on the gold. I hear every Bobby pin and fishhook and leave them in place for him to dig.....if I've missed a faint gold signal that's masked with iron.....well then good for him, because even the faintest non ferrous blip mixed in the iron signal ill dig it. Every couple months I switch it up and hunt all metal with the excal.....ill clean that swim hole so good you'll think your machine is broken if you go after me !! Im not to concerned that I'm leaving gold....im more concerned that he's beating me to the punch, by getting there before me on Mondays and getting the fresh gold drops before me !!🫤🫤🫤
You misunderstand my intent BB. I meant that he might only be digging the Iron left behind. And yes, there can be more than one target in any hole. (Something I've been reminded about many times thru my own mistakes. 🙃)

You see, I have my own "high squeak" mode. Where I'm ignoring more than I should...but...on purpose. Just want an easy walk sometimes. I even do surface hunts sometimes.

Many times I've skipped over "trash" signals only to find gold under that top signal.

Someone getting there first does have an advantage. But only to a point. Skills will always win out.

As my departed partner would attest to if he could. He was always throwing rocks at me when he discovered me sneaking along *behind* him! Yelling at me to get out from there!! :angel12:

You misunderstand my intent BB. I meant that he might only be digging the Iron left behind. And yes, there can be more than one target in any hole. (Something I've been reminded about many times thru my own mistakes. 🙃)

You see, I have my own "high squeak" mode. Where I'm ignoring more than I should...but...on purpose. Just want an easy walk sometimes. I even do surface hunts sometimes.

Many times I've skipped over "trash" signals only to find gold under that top signal.

Someone getting there first does have an advantage. But only to a point. Skills will always win out.

As my departed partner would attest to if he could. He was always throwing rocks at me when he discovered me sneaking along *behind* him! Yelling at me to get out from there!! :angel12:
This guy is no joke, and I realize that he's next level.....I think I know who he is, but not 100%! If its who I think it is, then he works like islamoradamark ..... his mentor and former partner. He's silent and sneaky !! He goes very early by boat, and is very thorough. He's a "hand fanner" and "snorkel detects" He's gone before I get there, and may be going before sun up !! I've never seen him yet !! Big Saturdays and Sundays He's beating me to the punch on Monday morning.

I just realized 😳 another thing......he may have done what I do, and went with the pulse machine to clear it all out !! Its very competitive down here, and everyone brings a machine to the keys to hunt. Then there's us !! A handful of locals on each key that have grown up getting the tourist gold.....and treasure coins when possible. These guys are sharks and use every crazy trick and strategy to get an edge over the next shark !! It really is incredible, and I would never "REALLY" be upset with these guys.....someone needs to get it before it sinks to deep !! And we all get along for the main part.

Last edited:
Whadi.....I like to keep the carpet "vacumed" so to speak. Ill keep hitting these small sandy swim holes until there silent. My big thrill in life now is the study of fresh drops. I go once a week to some of these spots, and it's been fascinating to learn the frequency of fresh drops related to the time of year and weather patterns. Next I will make hand drawn maps of the find locations in each swim hole.....its just fascinating to me. To go over the same ground time and time again, and realize how often jewelry is lost. Then being able to put together the scenarios that will produce the best results !! Small swim hole combined with restaurant and bar, and large crowds of Latin, is what im looking for. Latin from Cuba and South America where gold with pride still !! They also love the water and beach lifestyle along with beer and rum. This combination of factors is key to my gold finds, and im overcome with studying this whole scenario !! I will often sit and watch people swim, while we drink and eat with friends. Recently I've found a real old secret swim hole, that getting popular again !! 2 hunts 2 golds !! Im liking it so far !!

This guy is no joke, and I realize that he's next level.....I think I know who he is, but not 100%! If its who I think it is, then he works like islamoradamark ..... his mentor and former partner. He's silent and sneaky !! He goes very early by boat, and is very thorough. He's a "hand fanner" and "snorkel detects" He's gone before I get there, and may be going before sun up !! I've never seen him yet !! Big Saturdays and Sundays He's beating me to the punch on Monday morning.

I just realized 😳 another thing......he may have done what I do, and went with the pulse machine to clear it all out !! Its very competitive down here, and everyone brings a machine to the keys to hunt. Then there's us !! A handful of locals on each key that have grown up getting the tourist gold.....and treasure coins when possible. These guys are sharks and use every crazy trick and strategy to get an edge over the next shark !! It really is incredible, and I would never "REALLY" be upset with these guys.....someone needs to get it before it sinks to deep !! And we all get along for the main part.
I used to "compete" but not anymore. Nowadays it's all about my personal health and enjoyment. I just don't feel the necessity to FIND anymore. I come away with a lil clad, sometimes an old coin, even a ring or two sometimes. But I do this now for the exercise. That way, regardless of what I find, I *ALWAYS* get what I came for, a nice 4 hour walk. 👨‍🦯

And.....being grateful that I can still walk that far. None of the friends can....mostly because they're all dead. So...I'm just enjoying.

Hurricane ready, now!
20230829_105419.jpg

Well it looks like the ARC probably has scooted and is out running the storm.
Looks like it has tracked north a tad since yesterday, and it's not looking at Tampa as bad.
View attachment 2102166
Says one of the few who can step around a falling tree without getting hit.
My buddy said sorry after dropping a small one on me Sun..
Don't remember answering him anymore. Too busy wrestling my own I was cutting. l.o.l..

Unless you have a proven fortress ; the best way to avoid a storm is to be where it's not!
Or at least where it isn't strongest.
(That is beyond the length of the tree , plus a few yards. Unlike the former neighbors former truck .)

I used to "compete" but not anymore. Nowadays it's all about my personal health and enjoyment. I just don't feel the necessity to FIND anymore. I come away with a lil clad, sometimes an old coin, even a ring or two sometimes. But I do this now for the exercise. That way, regardless of what I find, I *ALWAYS* get what I came for, a nice 4 hour walk. 👨‍🦯

And.....being grateful that I can still walk that far. None of the friends can....mostly because they're all dead. So...I'm just enjoying.
Roman coins and gold rings 💍 with diamonds 💎 !! Your adventures are great man !! 🤙🤙😁😁. And shhhhh, don't tell anyone but ya....your getting out for a walk alot more than most I'd say so congrats!!

I live on a tropical island, you guys should probably stay away from here....its hot, and everything bites, stings, or burns, and most animals are poisonous or venomous. We have hurricanes and sharks too!! Don't forget climate change and rising oceans. It's bloody horrible down here !! Stay clear folks.....ill suffer for you !! Its a tough job but someones got to live here. Oh....and one more thing.....the metaldetecting sucks !! No gold here !! Nothing really to see at all and the fishing sucks because of overfishing and global warming !! Everyone move along the world has already ended for us poor island shmucks!! I would go to cold new York, or historic Chicago, or maybe that metropolitan utopia called San Francisco!! I here st Louis, and Detroit are great this time of year !! Definitely don't come to this tiny little backwards a** island chain....you'll get sunburned, too drunk, you'll be broke, and your will to work will fade. It's a terrible affliction that most people come down with when they come here....its un avoidable.....its called keys disease !! I fear that @Bamasteve has probably been overcome with a bad case of keys disease topped with hurricane 🌀 partyitas !! A horrible condition that's marked by symptoms of drunken relaxing in the shallow clear waters in the sun and sand.....rum can cure this condition though !!
As a nephew put it when I texted him about the snow blowing in the blind window on a bitter wind and not a critter in sight , "you're not exactly selling it."

I'm finding the study of people and social areas and interactions is almost as big a draw as finding the gold.....the gold is a reward for my close observation of the swimming hole/sand bar 🍸 culture !! I sit in the deep lurking like a crocodile......watching the people interact. Fascinating to observe people swimming and having fun !!

Mr. Manning...im really encouraged by this ring return....he has offered me a reward, and I know he's good for it....he's an active duty marine, and before any mention of the ring he bought me a beer 🍺 out of kindness. Instantly realized how honest and genuine he is....glad I could return this sentimental ring.....its not worth 50 dollars new, and probably a 10 dollar piece for me !!
Beer is a fine reward.
Wasn't your style ring anyways, and you get the count regardless.
Oh and a hearty congrats honorable mention blah blah , well done stuff. None of which I'd guess tastes like beer. Not that I'd know from experience. Returning that is. I have tasted a beer once.

Not much different here than anywhere else. We get hurricanes, Midwest gets tornados, North gets blizzards & F-ing cold. Out West, fires & earthquakes & f-ing cold & volcanoes.
Here in California the problem is more it's expensive. I've lived here all 32 years of my life never a major earthquake. Fire yeah but that's mostly if you live up in the hills or mountains most people don't. Otherwise natural disasters California is one of the safer states.

I'm finding the study of people and social areas and interactions is almost as big a draw as finding the gold.....the gold is a reward for my close observation of the swimming hole/sand bar 🍸 culture !! I sit in the deep lurking like a crocodile......watching the people interact. Fascinating to observe people swimming and having fun !!
Careful. You're getting predatory again... L.o.l..
You eyeing my girlfriend? No , I'm eyeing her gold, what's the matter with you?

while you're at it , and shouldn't answer here , do crowds cut out early Sun. afternoon?
Or do diehards stick around?
Must be theres hanger oners and Mon. beyond timers , or else....

(Oh it's clowns that stuck around.)

Good morning all!
Well, Tahoe didn't produce for me yesterday, although that earring gave me quite a start when I peered into the scoop! It's junk.
So today I'm going to take a day off and take a ride around the lake on the Duc and just enjoy the sun, 76 degree weather and the view.

Attachments

• IMG_5616.jpeg
    IMG_5616.jpeg
    978.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5615-1.jpeg
    IMG_5615-1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5617.jpeg
    IMG_5617.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
Here in California the problem is more it's expensive. I've lived here all 32 years of my life never a major earthquake. Fire yeah but that's mostly if you live up in the hills or mountains most people don't. Otherwise natural disasters California is one of the safer states.
Well we were told by a slick talking real estate agent who is the know.
That the Sultan Sea was going to be the new beach front properties after the big one.:dontknow::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back