THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Worse case scenario for us... sorry to say... the "one" i have been talking about all these years is now becoming a reality.

I will not be online here... perhaps for some time... depending on the outcome of this.

IMO... this will be devastation in its purist form... AND... the strongest landfall on record wherever it hits.
This is going to be a monster.

Wish us luck... we are going to need it.
Stay as safe as you can wishing you a whole lot of luck and hoping things will be okay for you.

Well we had a first today.
The Max went for his 1st swim. Going on 10yrs old, and he actually did the dog paddle.
Reason for this 1st was he fell in off the dock.:laughing7:

Poor guy looked totally 😢.
Then laying there a small boat came cruising in, he had that look of just try it, I'm not a happy camper.

20230828_170031.jpg

925 and zirconia I think. Definitely marked 925 on the post. Man I can't figure out how they make these tiny little marks on the post of a stud earring ?? Need serious magnification to see it !!

Pretty funny to see a Pulse induction hunter at my spot. I got there yesterday, and I saw many holes in the shallows of my spot !! Im keeping this spot clean, so im saying to myself ..... how can there be that many targets here in one week ?? Oh I see.....this guy is digging with a PI machine !! He's digging up all the iron and steel !! I skim right over that stuff with the eqx 700. Good....someone is getting schooled !! Picked the big silver just beyond the holes dug by my competitors.....he got discouraged with rusty metal and gave up !! Haaaa ha !!
Yeah....Gold would *never* associate itself near iron!!

Let me explain something.....people think I'm a detecting maniac, and that I'm specifically hunting as much as possible.....well that's not entirely true. The fact is I live in the keys, and I swimm almost everyday after work to cool off and relax. I take the detector with me on these swims about twice a week.....I would be swimming after work no matter what, because it's nice and cool after a long hot day. Swimming in the afternoon is what we do....its part of island life !!

Yeah....Gold would *never* associate itself near iron!!
Alright.... I get it whadi !! Well let's put it this way......im sure he gets the gold whadi, and im sure he digs alot of the iron I leave behind. I'll take the Pepsi challenge with him any day.....and im confident enough in my skill level that I would absolutely crush him on the gold. I hear every Bobby pin and fishhook and leave them in place for him to dig.....if I've missed a faint gold signal that's masked with iron.....well then good for him, because even the faintest non ferrous blip mixed in the iron signal ill dig it. Every couple months I switch it up and hunt all metal with the excal.....ill clean that swim hole so good you'll think your machine is broken if you go after me !! Im not to concerned that I'm leaving gold....im more concerned that he's beating me to the punch, by getting there before me on Mondays and getting the fresh gold drops before me !!🫤🫤🫤

Today I met a guy at the swim hole who said he lost a ring a year and a half ago. I said what's it look like....as soon as he said it was a lapis lazuli ring, I said yup....I got it !! I said what's it say on the backside.....he says "Isreal 925". At that point I knew it was the one he lost.....actually his mother lost it. It's an eliat ring and it was one that RTR Roger wanted to buy from me before he passed so I remembered it instantly. I've sent him pictures and hope to return it next week !!
20230828_163656.jpg

Alright.... I get it whadi !! Well let's put it this way......im sure he gets the gold whadi, and im sure he digs alot of the iron I leave behind. I'll take the Pepsi challenge with him any day.....and im confident enough in my skill level that I would absolutely crush him on the gold. I hear every Bobby pin and fishhook and leave them in place for him to dig.....if I've missed a faint gold signal that's masked with iron.....well then good for him, because even the faintest non ferrous blip mixed in the iron signal ill dig it. Every couple months I switch it up and hunt all metal with the excal.....ill clean that swim hole so good you'll think your machine is broken if you go after me !! Im not to concerned that I'm leaving gold....im more concerned that he's beating me to the punch, by getting there before me on Mondays and getting the fresh gold drops before me !!🫤🫤🫤
I remember about 15 yes ago I posted up a hunt.
No gold, but there was IHs, LCs, old silver.
I hit this slope off the park, down to a inner road through the park.
I told a few when they queried me where I was detecting.
They posted after they ran over there, 🌶 you don't leave anything do you.🤣
If anyone detects a site after me, welcome/congrats to every find they get.

20230828_204346.jpg
so there's been strong winds from the south, and they have eaten up some beaches !! Alot of deep targets get uncovered, and I got this !! I don't think there bad luck at all, and keep them...im not sure how many I have, but....thats my take...others throw them back !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back