THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

This is the whole problem with the world..
You pay $10.49 for a bearing.
They quote me $101.50 for that same item.

Here's the kicker Bart.

"We have to order that item in, so a week Thursday"
So the 🌶 goes might as well order it himself and save $$$
My delivery date will be the same or quicker.
Sure it's sometimes just convenient to get it done.
Another example:
The Mrs had a broken tail light.
Local dealer stated that the part wasn't available.
The 🌶 found one in 5 minutes from the wrecking yard.
Had it picked up instead of being shipped.
Sat here for a month, so the Mrs had a recall on the car.
Asked the dealer to put in.
Quote: $135.00 + 13%tax
30 minutes install.

Ok time for the 🌶 to get it done.
View attachment 2100783View attachment 2100784
So what did this accomplish?
Well we went out and had wood oven pizza, drinks, desserts. Left a $100 note(included 20% tip)
And we still saved $$$
When somebody can show me where the $$$ tree grows, I will start seeing the world differently.
Old school here, had to earn it, didn't come easy, so letting it go comes without some thinking.
We didn’t make you live in a third world country

Tomatoes are ripening up nicely.
20230822_183749.jpg

Yup....it made me want a lobster roll !!
thats what i was making. I literally walked down to the dock where my loberstahMan bud swung by and handed off 6 bugs he caught earlier that day to me. Walked back to the house and in the pot they went. Its about as fresh as you can get without bringing a hot pot with you on the boat. mmmmmm
Well it fit right in actually... WD had posted a meal on a wood earlier... i thought it was her with the lobster. heh
lol, i didn't even see that one.
Here's another example of what we have dealt with lately.
Mrs bought another car.
Asked dealer what they were going to give her on hers.
$2500.00
They car has 90K on it.
They sell for $11,000-12,000 privately.
Just another example of loosing $$$.
Let's be honest here, if they'd stated $6-7k that's a fair quote.
The $2500 is Let's bend ya over and no 😘 included.
bummer, i hope you didnt trade it in. Dealers are horrible, they would of gave you a 2,500 credit. Then changed the oil and maybe the brakes. Then you would of drove by and saw your old car for sale for like 14k.
Its so easy to sell a used car right now. There is a feeding frenzy, because of low inventory. Its not quite as bad as it was a few months ago and last year, but its still crazy. I sold my Ford Ranger this past Friday. Its been sitting in a field for a year and a half since i got my new truck. it had 237.000 miles on it. I put an ad on FB marketplace on Thursday night at 8pm. i checked back in to FB again around 830am the next morning. I had 173 messages from people interested in the truck. I only read 10 messages, and 6 were real serious buyers. Offering cash ,come that day, serious. I ended up getting $400 over my asking price. I listed it with a price and then said or best offer. I never thought it would be an offer over the asking price. LOL i could of held off and gone through all the messages and had an auction. Probably would of got 1,000 over asking price but i wanted it gone.

Good morning Crew mates! I am going diving! Of course it may rain. Oh well. I will already be wet. Lol BBL8R
Great WD, get wet!
Pepper can see WD changing her avatar picture again to mirror this for sure-certainly a different look-but a great one at that.
Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 8.52.43 AM.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back