THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Driving up the west coast, we begin to see the slave huts and the salt production. These huts are tiny! I was told that they housed 10-12 slaves! There are 4 obelisks painted red, white, blue, and orange for the Dutch flag and the Royal House of Orange. I'm not sure if I captured them all, but I know I got some. They were erected strategically along the coastline to signal the ships where to pick up the salt. A flag of the corresponding color was raised up a flag pole, thus the signal.

slave huts.JPG

slave huts 2.JPG

slave huts 3.JPG

slave huts 4.JPG

I assume this was the master's or guards quarters.

slave huts 6.JPG

slave huts 7.JPG

slave huts 8.JPG

This is a dive rock for the dive site there.
slave huts view to the west rock.JPG

The next day we went north along the west coast. We stopped at a dive site called 1000 Steps. It was actually 79 steps, but once you carry your dive gear back up, it feels like a 1000. LOL We just snorkeled. And it is here that I found out my go pro wasn't working. IDK why? I gave up on it. Too much stress.

1000 steps 2.JPG

1000 steps 3.JPG

This guy was the greeter I guess.

1000 steps 4.JPG

After snorkeling we kept going north towards the Park. These are some ruins of Landhuis Karpata, a privately owned plantation built sometime after 1868.

land huts 1.JPG

land huts 2.JPG

Look how tall the cactus gets!
land huts 3.JPG

Gotomeer is a saltwater lagoon.
Gotomeer 1.JPG
Gotomeer 2.JPG
Gotomeer 3.JPG

Gotomeer 4.JPG

Gotomeer 5.JPG

Gotomeer 6.JPG

Gotomeer 7.JPG

Gotomeer 8.JPG

That is all the pics I have. My friends had a waterproof camera. If they share any of their pics, I will post them.

Last edited:
The next day we went north along the west coast. We stopped at a dive site called 1000 Steps. It was actually 79 steps, but once you carry your dive gear back up, it feels like a 1000. LOL We just snorkeled. And it is here that I found out my go pro wasn't working. IDK why? I gave up on it. Too much stress.

View attachment 2100693

View attachment 2100694

This guy was the greeter I guess.

View attachment 2100695

After snorkeling we kept going north towards the Park. These are some ruins of Landhuis Karpata, a privately owned plantation built sometime after 1868.

View attachment 2100696

View attachment 2100697

Look how tall the cactus gets!
View attachment 2100698

Gotomeer is a saltwater lagoon.
View attachment 2100699View attachment 2100700View attachment 2100701

View attachment 2100702

View attachment 2100703

View attachment 2100704

View attachment 2100705

View attachment 2100706

That is all the pics I have. My friends had a waterproof camera. If they share any of their pics, I will post them.
You did take your detector right?

do you like the random lobstah pic in the middle of all those VK pics. hahahahaha
someone scrolling down through all those landscapes, gets to that and is like huh??????
and actually if anybody was really observant they would know that lobstah down that way dont have any claws bub.
good night

do you like the random lobstah pic in the middle of all those VK pics. hahahahaha
someone scrolling down through all those landscapes, gets to that and is like huh??????
and actually if anybody was really observant they would know that lobstah down that way dont have any claws bub.
good night
Yup....it made me want a lobster roll !!

good night
Well it fit right in actually... WD had posted a meal on a wood earlier... i thought it was her with the lobster. heh

Yesterday I started the clean-up of the branches.
Got the wood chipper just a purring on the 1972 Ford 3000 @ 1800RPM
Managed to get the front yard looking back to an almost normal state.
Took 4 full loads of chips away and a load of wood, still have another 2 loads of wood with the side by side.
Going to concentrate on the laneway today, this will take a few days to get into order.

Need to get a bearing for the 5000 tractor as there's some serious log moving to happen.
Seems that an order I was doing on Sunday wouldn't go through, but I noticed that the CC was charged and they got paid. :dontknow:

I understand a profit in business but the tractor supply place wanted the price inflated price of over $210 with tax.
2 bearings and a seal can be bought online at many places for under $30

Weird tidbit of history I ran across this morning... after seeing it on a TV program... might be of interest to some...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back