THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Some of the views.
From one of the 3 restaurants on the resort:

IMG_3979.jpeg

IMG_3980.jpeg

IMG_3998.jpeg

Unexpected cruise ship . They told us it wasn’t coming until the 23rd. Over 5,000 people visiting the city that day ! The island inhabits about 22,000 plus tourists.

IMG_3994.jpeg

In the city of Rincon they honor those who have made great contributions to the culture and arts, mostly musical. It looks a litt like Hollywood. Rincon was established by the Spainish in 1527. It is the oldest settlement in the Dutch Caribbean. It was settled in the most central part of the island in hopes of being hidden from pirates. We ate at a little restaurant right alongside the walk of stars. I had bbq chicken with French fries and coleslaw. Peanut sauce is a standard there.

IMG_3991.jpeg
IMG_3992.jpeg

A few more phone pics:
Actually, I believe this is the restaurant in Rincon.

IMG_3993.jpeg

(Note the yellow painted rock. That’s how they mark things all over the island. )

A flowering bush . Not native, I don’t think.

IMG_3989.jpeg

My last meal on the island, bbq chicken sandwich and French fries. Lol I had French fries darn near every day! They are delicious there! And they promote them too. I think they fry with peanut oil.

IMG_4008.jpeg

How do you like the plate?

And check this out! I flew all the way to Bonaire and bought this souvenir…..

IMG_4013.jpeg

… that’s made in OHIO! LMAO! ROFL!

IMG_4012.jpeg

There are a lot more pics. I have a couple days of sightseeing pics on my camera. To be continued….

Some of the views.
From one of the 3 restaurants on the resort:

View attachment 2100445

View attachment 2100446

View attachment 2100447

Unexpected cruise ship . They told us it wasn’t coming until the 23rd. Over 5,000 people visiting the city that day ! The island inhabits about 22,000 plus tourists.

View attachment 2100448

In the city of Rincon they honor those who have made great contributions to the culture and arts, mostly musical. It looks a litt like Hollywood. Rincon was established by the Spainish in 1527. It is the oldest settlement in the Dutch Caribbean. It was settled in the most central part of the island in hopes of being hidden from pirates. We ate at a little restaurant right alongside the walk of stars. I had bbq chicken with French fries and coleslaw. Peanut sauce is a standard there.

View attachment 2100450View attachment 2100449
Where are you?
At the ocean and you order chicken?

Sorry I missed it this morning BB. Been out Jeeping today before all the heat hits here next week. Hopefully all is well for y'all down that way with the upcoming storms. We're thinking of y'all.
Oh no, you’re a Jeeper?
I see several here in Anderson, it’s a thing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back