THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blossom 🌸 what's tomorrow's detecting assault program, and how did you get 10 days off ?? 👍👍
Hey Barty was just checking the LiDAR for tomoz😆… will do a pic… it’s 2 fields over from a Roman villa site, has an old trackway running tru it and it’s on the top of a hill 😎 .. so has possibilities…. Wish I could show you a big map with the fields so you can get a better feel for where we are…

and I got 10 days off cos my boss loves me and knows in order to keep the peace, he needs to let me out to play once in a while 😆 … xxx

Ok let’s see if this works…

pic 1 LiDAR of field… note track
pic 2 1800 map showing division of fields plus the track
pic 3 blue marker site of Roman villa and our field to give you an idea..

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpeg
    IMG_0288.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0289.jpeg
    IMG_0289.jpeg
    279.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0291.png
    IMG_0291.png
    853 KB · Views: 20
Ok let’s see if this works…

pic 1 LiDAR of field… note track
pic 2 1800 map showing division of fields plus the track
pic 3 blue marker site of Roman villa and our field to give you an idea..
There is alot going on in that Lidar image blossy.

I see a few spots that draw my attention ... especially when comparing to other image.

Ok … see if this gives you an idea of how things sit

yellow… todays field
blue … stater field (last week)
red … Roman coins/brooches found earlier this year
green line… Roman road
purple … tomorrows field
top red… the barn field where we found the Tesserae View attachment 2100216
That does lay it out well....lots of fields !! 👍👍

GCP.... Just wanted to clarify some points on the full face mask, and why I've slowly switched over to it in shallow water. The number one reason is that it actually allows me to stay in the water much longer than a traditional mask.....heres why......if I wear a traditional mask my lips 💋 and mouth are constantly exposed to the salt water. After about 3 hours my lips start to get sore and chapped from constantly having the snorkel in my mouth. The full face mask keeps your face mostly dry, and my lips don't get so sore from salt water exposure. Also I've had implant surgery for some of my teeth, and chewing constantly on a snorkel for more than 3 hours at a time can make the mouth sore and is a constant contact with my teeth. The full face mask has none of that issue. Also this mask has a super wide field of vision, which is really nice !!

Now the draw backs......you won't be able to dive deep with this mask because of the large volume of air that gets trapped in it when diving....its very boyuant and takes time to master while diving. Anything over 6-8 feet is a struggle, and the pressure on your face is strong at depth....it took some learning how to dive with it. Usally I'm exhaling slowly while digging at depth. Also there are warnings about dead air being trapped in the mask, and it being difficult to get the proper exchange of fresh and old air. Every now and then I'll give it a long and hard exhale to clear it completely before taking in new fresh air. Again I had to learn this !! Some times the float in the snorkel will get stuck and you cannot draw air in with out tapping the snorkel tube to dislodge the float.....only happens once or twice a day, but can be a surprise if not prepared for it. Every once in awhile its nice to flip it up and actually get your face wet too !! So there are a few drawback, or compromises with it......I still have far less saltwater in my mouth, and can stay in the water more than 5 hours. When I got the gold cuban link I stayed in the water without a break 11am-7pm, 8 hours only stopping to talk or have a sip of water.....this is whats making the difference in my gold count......im flipping hundreds of targets until I hit the gold I know is there !! Obviously if I'm on compressed air at greater depth than 7 feet I have to use the traditional mask.....spearfishing, shell 🐚 diving, and wreck hunting im using the traditional mask to freedive to 30+feet which would be impossible with the full face mask....your just to boyant with it on and the pressure on your sinuses is tremendous at about 15 feet ..... if you can even make it that far !!
Hope that helps a little !!
Thanks for the heads up It definitely takes some time to get used to it. The float getting stuck happened already and surprised the heck out of me. The biggest issue I found is that water leaks in around my beard. I've been growing it out for the pirate invasion in November. May have to rethink that...

Sure is strange how the treasure gods work.....in the beginning of the summer I was getting tungsten carbide, and titanium rings, and no gold.....as the summer has continued I haven't seen a tungsten or stainless ring in 5 or 6 hunts. Only gold and silver !! Here's my silver rings for the summer hung on a David yurman Siler cable braclet. I've got to count my rings 💍!! Got to be around 50 since June!!
20230820_072143.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back