THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning my hearties! I have been busy this morning. One of the grandsons is 8 today! Grandma has the Power Ranger cake cooling and I am about to transform it into a Spider-Man cake. The cupcakes were just pulled out of the oven.

View attachment 2097660
The transformation is as good as I can get it. 🙃

IMG_3952.jpeg

Debating on going back to the school today and tomorrow will be the last days before it opens back up. Though was thinking of trying the high school it's a bit of a walk I just dread the amount of trash there though lol
I have been told that the more you detect the easier it will become to identify the trash and skip over it. I don’t think that will be the case for me. I’m too curious and also afraid to miss something good. 😄

Hi, welcome aboard!… apparently summer will be back with us in a couple of weeks🫤… but forecast tomoz looks dry so we will be back out rooting about in the fields for hidden treasure! 😆 xx
About time you got back out there.

I have been told that the more you detect the easier it will become to identify the trash and skip over it. I don’t think that will be the case for me. I’m too curious and also afraid to miss something good. 😄
Hasn't been the case for me. Gold is too easy to miss if you don't dig aluminum signals. Only thing I've learned to kind of know is trash is beer bottle caps. Those often will do a midtone to high tone initially followed by a slight iron tone towards the end if it repeats like that it's a bottle cap. But aluminum can bits and pull tabs I can't tell them apart from the good stuff.

About time you got back out there.
Ha….. tell me about it, an afternoon spent looking at Roman coins, is a painful experience…. 😬 ids are so complicated… 🙄… but did manage to fight back with “let’s look at the LiDAR for tomorrows hunt“ ….. think we have worked out the route of the old road thru the park on the 1800 map … circled in green …. so will give it a go tomoz for you xx

IMG_0279.jpeg

Ha….. tell me about it, an afternoon spent looking at Roman coins, is a painful experience…. 😬 ids are so complicated… 🙄… but did manage to fight back with “let’s look at the LiDAR for tomorrows hunt“ ….. think we have worked out the route of the old road thru the park on the 1800 map … circled in green …. so will give it a go tomoz for you xx

View attachment 2097747
Just keep going to the Inn.

Unfortunately the Inn … is no longer an Inn🫤 … …
im super interested in the Spa …over to the left .. .🤔 unfortunately that Area is tenanted so not detectable… but what was that all about? 🤔 xx
I'm not sure what he's saying. I know what I'm hearing though.
Going to the inn and sipping win . or a pint, or a coffee , or just going to the inn ; sounds better that getting glazed eyes and brain staring at Roman coins beyond 15 minutes..
(No offence to Roman coins.)

Here in America it is an old tradition to delay scrutinizing hard to I.D, stuff till the doldrums of the worst winter days call for special (no detecting possible for at least two months time) projects..
What results is a near permanent delay in searching coins due to the urge to chew on one after the first 15 minutes or trying to decipher the riddle /clues a tired coin might offer and getting nowhere it's so badly worn , or deteriorated , or the walls are distracting me again because I might have caught one moving out of the corner of my eye , again!

(Or it could just be me putting the coin searching details thereof off.)

I'm not sure what he's saying. I know what I'm hearing though.
Going to the inn and sipping win . or a pint, or a coffee , or just going to the inn ; sounds better that getting glazed eyes and brain staring at Roman coins beyond 15 minutes..
(No offence to Roman coins.)

Here in America it is an old tradition to delay scrutinizing hard to I.D, stuff till the doldrums of the worst winter days call for special (no detecting possible for at least two months time) projects..
What results is a near permanent delay in searching coins due to the urge to chew on one after the first 15 minutes or trying to decipher the riddle /clues a tired coin might offer and getting nowhere it's so badly worn , or deteriorated , or the walls are distracting me again because I might have caught one moving out of the corner of my eye , again!

(Or it could just be me putting the coin searching details thereof off.)
Hmm I’m very much in favour of the American way RC!…. Himself remains stubbornly English in his attitude to the scrappy Romans, each one must be scrutinised.. to the nth degree…. 🙄. However Blossom, normally the organised one, unfortunately was unable to locate the rest of the box of staples required for securing the blighters little plastic coin pouches, so we only got 12 done….😂😂 xx

Hmm I’m very much in favour of the American way RC!…. Himself remains stubbornly English in his attitude to the scrappy Romans, each one must be scrutinised.. to the nth degree…. 🙄. However Blossom, normally the organised one, unfortunately was unable to locate the rest of the box of staples required for securing the blighters little plastic coin pouches, so we only got 12 done….😂😂 xx

Ha ha.
Why am I imagining locating those hiding staples would be a challenge with a metal detector , pinpointer or eyes? Nearly as if they secreted themselves purposely?

Unfortunately the Inn … is no longer an Inn🫤 … …
im super interested in the Spa …over to the left .. .🤔 unfortunately that Area is tenanted so not detectable… but what was that all about? 🤔 xx
Send himself to the spa, you detect behind the spa.

Welp decided to endure metal detecting the school again. Went around the basket ball area. Saw messy plugs and was like great someone else beat me to it and did it all wrong was picking up their junk they dug and cleaning their plugs(annoyed). They sucked at metal detecting because I found a ton of change around their plugs and added 3 more rings to my ring count(all junkers)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back