THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning el cappi and all you late sleeping pirates!!! Xx 🤗

The week is taking its time to pass, more heavy rain overnight… so digging will be easy tonight!! .. and we have a new field to try!! Adjacent to the site of an abandoned medieval village… oh my days the excitement is REAL!!! 😆 xx

That's a tragic incidence to happen.
Isn't that the same type boat that you fish on Bart?
Fire is the biggest fear for me, and im sure the poor woman was not able to exit the normal route and was trapped below deck !! I sleep so lightly while onboard, that it may be 3 days in bed when I get back from these marlin tournaments.

Fire is the biggest fear for me, and im sure the poor woman was not able to exit the normal route and was trapped below deck !! I sleep so lightly while onboard, that it may be 3 days in bed when I get back from these marlin tournaments.
We had widows and 2 exits off the Skipperliner houseboat. But the 41' trawler was the forward berth master and it was a concern.
We had many smoke & CO detectors on boat, did a check nightly to make sure everything was turned off.

We had widows and 2 exits off the Skipperliner houseboat. But the 41' trawler was the forward berth master and it was a concern.
We had many smoke & CO detectors on boat, did a check nightly to make sure everything was turned off.
For me as a professional mariner, the fear of losing a boat.....much less a clients life.....is ever present. It's easy to lose track of priorities when everyone is having a great time. Im not out here to have a good time....im here to protect everyone, and make sure they have a good time !! Its my job !! I intentionally put myself in the bowels of the ship next to the machinery so if there is trouble, I'm right there !! If there is a fire 🔥 the only thing that will save me is getting out of there quick !! There are no escape hatches for me in crew quarters!! I never really sleep all month long sometimes......you just nap between ships noises. Pumps, compressors, generators, ac systems, underwater noises, and even other people moving about !! You just have to be alert at all times....even in your sleep 😴 once I herd foot steps on deck....it was someone breaking in the boat.....I caught him from behind in a darce choke until unconscious!! We held him for police, and then left !! It was in Ontario pepper 🌶!! Anything can happen and I try to be prepared!! Fire is a top concern!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back