THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Lol all that matters is you'll be alright. I'm stubborn as hell but lol I myself am trying to adjust my to avoid major issues later lol.
Doctor instructed me to do light duties for a week or so.
"I'm not saying lay in bed, but take it really easy"
Right oh-good stuff
I'm going to go cut down a tree.
"I said light duties "
That's what it is....
I just got a simple reply.

"We need more like you out there"

I guess that was a compliment as good as one could get.

Right oh-good stuff
"I said light duties "
That's what it is....

Lol being busy is good, being too stubborn not so much lol

Only pull tabs? L.o.l..

One of the nearest I've put a lot of hours in over the years I've watched people beep bop tweep across without digging!
I get a million mid tones(have to dig or miss gold) most pulls tabs, a few high tones often damned can pieces and not coins lol

I get a million mid tones(have to dig or miss gold) most pulls tabs, a few high tones often damned can pieces and not coins lol
One area of the most hunted park is/was a near solid layer of bottle caps, Plus pull tabs.
And for good measure some kind of metal fasteners for papers from the church near. (I think from there.)
Park dates back to the eighteen hundreds.
So...I clean a couple feet of that corner most visits. Then check it good with the coil.
Lets not discuss how many years and times and nothing comes to mind of value recovered in that corner. Yet.
( Little Playboy Bunny head with stone jewelry near there. But that was a recent drop.)

One area of the most hunted park is/was a near solid layer of bottle caps, Plus pull tabs.
And for good measure some kind of metal fasteners for papers from the church near. (I think from there.)
Park dates back to the eighteen hundreds.
So...I clean a couple feet of that corner most visits. Then check it good with the coil.
Lets not discuss how many years and times and nothing comes to mind of value recovered in that corner. Yet.
( Little Playboy Bunny head with stone jewelry near there. But that was a recent drop.)
My best from this particular park was a darned mood ring lol. Nothing of significance has come from it yet. I have hopes though as I clean out 60s tabs still and if those still remain it means it's not been hit hard by anyone

My best from this particular park was a darned mood ring lol. Nothing of significance has come from it yet. I have hopes though as I clean out 60s tabs still and if those still remain it means it's not been hit hard by anyone
However this park isn't old. It was established in 1962 so won't be anything old coin wise and such

Right oh-good stuff
"I said light duties "
That's what it is....

If there were more like you out there, there would be less like you to deal with. :angel12:

I never find old tokens or cool ones but this one snuck in today didn't even know I had it must of thought it was a nickel or something lol just found it going through my bag of finds.

Attachments

• 20230727_195756.jpg
    20230727_195756.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230727_195807.jpg
    20230727_195807.jpg
    685.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230727-200043_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230727-200043_Chrome.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 17
However this park isn't old. It was established in 1962 so won't be anything old coin wise and such
An area , not really a park people been parking while watching fireworks and stuff a long time is away from the nearby park.
Cut grass in summer and hardly traffic most days.

Had a half dollar or older dollar laying near flat about knock me down with it's signal.
Pieces of different pot pipes , cap gun , modern coins and too near the road snow plow piles area relocated when winter progresses scratched up coins.

A multi hearted piece I never did figure out. Misc. and nothing over the rainbow. But good hunting for ease...
Like other places I seem to learn more about after...I got tangled up in yet another debris field.
This one a long gone farmhouse bulldozed about a hundred yards.
you've seen those muti oblong tubed old big t/v. antennas with a hundred or so looking pieces on roofs? Pieces of them ring up great!
And being varied sized and orientation in the ground scattered far and wide , it would be hard to not seed an area deliberately to keep someone busy. Or discouraged.
Probably more there still.

Another debris field in a field (no sign of anything ) was another old house. Optometrist owned.
A public spot I'm not real comfy detecting. Permitted but...Busy close kind of .
There's a piece to a prior recovery I would like to think is there that needs more hunting for...

Lol being busy is good, being too stubborn not so much lol
Not sure how stubborn plays into this.
Been from the school of get up brush off the dust and try again.
School of hard knocks (usually to case where if it goes sideways/south I don't do it again.)
Getting hurt doesn't give reason to stop, it's a reason to start moving.
To stop is to rust up, and we certainly know to rust is the beginning of the end.

I guess it's a case also that if I don't do it-it won't be done. This comes from the being self employed most of my life. If I didn't produce-well I didn't eat type thing. So if I got hurt doing the task I just sucked it up and worked through it. There's no calling in sick, or asking to have it done for me.

If that's being stubborn-well-gee-wait a darned minute here-strong willed? Determined?
Oh just admit it Pepper there's times you mirror.:laughing7:

Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 6.56.03 AM.png

Morning Hunni bunnis ! Xx Friday is at last upon us! Xx 🤗

peps, ahh so pleased you got yourself checked out, and you’re ok!! would like to think you’ve learned your lesson… but would imagine you haven’t! 😂😂 xx 🤗

didn’t get to go detecting last night… so tonight we shall swing instead 😆 xx then have a whole weekend off… visiting relatives tomoz and gardening Sunday 🫤 ….! so I have booked a week off later in August to catch up! 7 days of swinging madness 😎 xx

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back