THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

20230721_065516.jpg

8 rings yesterday if you count the junkers.

A while back there was a chat about spiders and the ability to hang on the side mirror.
Well yesterday this one hung on for 10 miles.
Stopped at the intersection and it decided to crawl down the web.
20230720_084946.jpg

Silly 🕷 the Pepper wasn't going to help you, nope. The Pepper thought you're just a tad too big, and 🕷 like to be touched.
So this Pepper just gave it a joy ride.
Heck it was like a Universal Studio theme park twister.

Well it hung on doing 65 mph for another 8 miles, spinning like a top. Then it's lanyard broke.

Morning Peeps 😆 ahh friday once more!! Didnt get to go digging last night due to my work day out🙄.. so tonight is the night, will be hitting my patch.. and not be swayed by kindly thorts allowing himself to persuade me in any other direction ! xx

Enjoy ur Friday xx 🤗 xx

I'm creeping ever so close to an unexplored 1733 galleon site. As I move through this tourist hot spot, I'm burning the bottom up. In an effort to hunt Virgin bottom, I'm slowly moving towards this historic site. As I have researched the 1733 fleet, I've come across 3 sites that are rarely mentioned. I found the spot on land where a fortified base camp was built as the main salvage camp, and headquarters of the spanish treasure salvage camp. This fortified base camp was built from the remains of one of the grounded galleons of 1733. This ship was smashed on the flat by hurricane force winds. It's keel was broken and the ship was dismantled and the wood, rigging, sails, cannon, and other supplies were brought ashore close by and used to build this treasure store house, and salvage fleet camp site. The actual exact location of this wreck has never been identified and explored by any of the great treasure hunters before me. I know that 1 coin was found very close to where I'm hunting. I've started to wonder what might be left at this site....much would have been saved, but other things may still be sitting in situ still. No one e er deemed it necessary to check this site with so many others that were better prospects. I could feel the anticipation yesterday as I inched closer to this site, and there are deeper targets sounding off the closer I get. There is basically no history written about this particular spot and wreck. I do feel like it may hide a hidden and smuggled treasure that was never disclosed and could still be on site. No one has ever discovered the exact location of this wreck. No one ever cared to look.....until now !! That little voice in my head says go for it Bart!! I have already salvaged timbers with bronze and iron fasteners!!

Last edited:
Morning Peeps 😆 ahh friday once more!! Didnt get to go digging last night due to my work day out🙄.. so tonight is the night, will be hitting my patch.. and not be swayed by kindly thorts allowing himself to persuade me in any other direction ! xx

Enjoy ur Friday xx 🤗 xx
Thorts? Um , o.k.. Thort's then.

Right. You say that now.
Himself will sing a couple notes and you'll be screaming...(a good scream , happy type , not cover your ears scream) and next thing you know you'll be detecting in the field corner of modern times with one mysterious but deeper than detector range relic no one knows for sure about but himself feels a hint of somehow.

Thorts. Unghh.

I'm creeping ever so close to an unexplored 1733 galleon site. As I move through this tourist hot spot, I'm burning the bottom up. In an effort to hunt Virgin bottom, I'm slowly moving towards this historic site. As I have researched the 1733 fleet, I've come across 3 sites that are rarely mentioned. I found the spot on land where a fortified base camp was built as the main salvage camp, and headquarters of the spanish treasure salvage camp. This fortified base camp was built from the remains of one of the grounded galleons of 1733. This ship was smashed on the flat by hurricane force winds. It's keel was broken and the ship was dismantled and the wood, rigging, sails, cannon, and other supplies were brought ashore close by and used to build this treasure store house, and salvage fleet camp site. The actual exact location of this wreck has never been identified and explored by any of the great treasure hunters before me. I know that 1 coin was found very close to where I'm hunting. I've started to wonder what might be left at this site....much would have been saved, but other things may still be sitting in situ still. No one e er deemed it necessary to check this site with so many others that were better prospects. I could feel the anticipation yesterday as I inched closer to this site, and there are deeper targets sounding off the closer I get. There is basically no history written about this particular spot and wreck. I do feel like it may hide a hidden and smuggled treasure that was never disclosed and could still be on site. No one has ever discovered the exact location of this wreck. No one ever cared to look.....until now !! That little voice in my head says go for it Bart!! I have already salvaged timbers with bronze and iron fasteners!!

[I could feel]
[the closer I get]
[that little voice]

Reads like you were in hurricane range!

That "somethings going to happen" or "something's there" is an instinct. Part of what kept some humans from becoming certified prey.
But it's a dull faded instinct from disuse too.

Used to take me days to start to move quiet again. And days to move slower.
A week in the woods and civilization upon return was around 80% human created noise. The rest synthetic constructs. All of which wasn't necessary in the woods.

There's the sometime stops you because somethings going on here or somethings here. Old as humans. Or at least humans that got a little age on thier bones before getting them bitten.
[I could feel]
[the closer I get]
[that little voice]
Meaning you're close.
How close?
I'll stick with hurricane . As I'm not watching your involuntary reaction to your searching (in place of my using an electronic detector myself). Vs your deliberate response. Which you have tuned enough you'll merge the two when the time comes.
But we know you're closer.

Crumpled keel hints of a lot of usable timber/material above.
Multiple ways a keel could affect the rest ; but they still had the mass of the ship for volume.
And likely enough groceries to keep energy levels up to work.
As opposed to crawling up onto the beach and dropping a handfull of coins in a last gasp effort. l.o.l..

'll be the roundabout
The words will make you out and out
I spend the day your way
Call it morning driving through the sound
And in and out the valley
The music dance and sing
They make the children really ring
I spend the day your way
In and around the lake
Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there
One mile over we'll be there and we'll see you
Ten true summers we'll be there and laughing, too
24 before my love you'll see I'll be there with you
I will remember you
Your silhouette will charge the view
Of distant atmosphere
And even in the valley
In and around the lake
Along the drifting cloud
The eagle searching down on the land
Catching the swirling wind
The sailor sees the rim of the land
The eagles dancing wings
Create as weather spins out of hand
Go closer hold the land
Feel partly no more than grains of sand
We stand to lose all time
A thousand answers by in our hand
Next to your deeper fears
We stand surrounded by a millions years
I'll be the roundabout
I'll be the roundabout
In and around the lake
24 before my love and I'll be there
I'll be the roundabout
You spent the day your way
In and around the lake

Have you ever found things like drinking mugs or such?
I think most anything from a 1700’s ship would be cool

[I could feel]
[the closer I get]
[that little voice]

Reads like you were in hurricane range!

That "somethings going to happen" or "something's there" is an instinct. Part of what kept some humans from becoming certified prey.
But it's a dull faded instinct from disuse too.

Used to take me days to start to move quiet again. And days to move slower.
A week in the woods and civilization upon return was around 80% human created noise. The rest synthetic constructs. All of which wasn't necessary in the woods.

There's the sometime stops you because somethings going on here or somethings here. Old as humans. Or at least humans that got a little age on thier bones before getting them bitten.
[I could feel]
[the closer I get]
[that little voice]
Meaning you're close.
How close?
I'll stick with hurricane . As I'm not watching your involuntary reaction to your searching (in place of my using an electronic detector myself). Vs your deliberate response. Which you have tuned enough you'll merge the two when the time comes.
But we know you're closer.

Crumpled keel hints of a lot of usable timber/material above.
Multiple ways a keel could affect the rest ; but they still had the mass of the ship for volume.
And likely enough groceries to keep energy levels up to work.
As opposed to crawling up onto the beach and dropping a handfull of coins in a last gasp effort. l.o.l..
Well the fact that they salvaged and repurposed this ship means to many that nothing of value would be at this site. Thats why none of the greats before me botherd to even definitively locate the actual site. Well it should be close to the location marked on spanish salvage charts from 1733. I have the mark, and I've found some wood and spikes right under the heart of this tourist site !! Looking carefully at the old charts, I realize this could be closer than I ever thought...hidden in plain sight....maybe even closer than ever thought before !! Considering the accuracy of the old charts, changing creek channels, and sand movement its possible im closer to this sight than originally suspected....add to that a definite coin find, and im starting to see a pattern !! I can work with that.....now I need to recon/snorkel the sight I think this wreck debri field should be, and work backwards toward my timber finds, and the coin find.....it may turn out the coin site is the actual wreck site !! Either way this spot is rich in modern drops, and it may conceal 1733 fleet coins and treasure also !!

Have you ever found things like drinking mugs or such?
I think most anything from a 1700’s ship would be cool
Yes, and that's why I want to find this underwater site.....it should have olive jars and pieces, and maybe old onion bottles under the sand !! Not to mention anything that would have been left or thrown overboard.....maybe even hidden and smuggled treasure and coins !!

I've been so preoccupied with the other sites....that I never even thought about this angle and approach.....neither did the old timers....they didn't bother here because there were 20+ other galleons to find !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back