THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Yes sir...its Saturday....tourist are lined up all the way to Miami
It always amazes me that folks still have that need to wear all their bling while playing in the water.
Then they :icon_scratch: on why they lost it to the awaiting pirates as the Bart that is:hello2::headbang::notworthy: on his seasons totals.
Best of luck on the next outing.

Really liking the early morning raid technique !! Get to the spot at 830-900 am. So beautiful to be out there offshore, and have the entire spot to myself.....problem is.....if I'm ever gonna get bit by a shark it'll be when I'm out there early with no partner......its scary, and that's part of the rush.....where I hunt is definitely not the normal experience like most beach guys do.....im at least 1.5 miles out in the ocean, usally in waist to chest deep water, on a narrow strip of shallow sand. The current runs at 2knts, and is stronger in chest deep water. If you make a mistake, hurt yourself, lose your kyak, or are harassed by sharks.....well....let's just not go there !! Im very careful, and prefer a partner, and sometimes I'll wait for another boat to get there before I leave......its quite a different experience than my typical after work swim hole. That spot is no bigger than my back yard.....although I have seen a crocodile sleeping on the bottom there. The different offshore spots very in size, but some are as long as a half mile. My favorite spots are all about 300 yards long and nice white sand with patches of light sea grass here and there. So far this year only stingrays, barracudas, and jelly fish. But it's shark pupping time, and many small lemon sharks, black tips, and bonnet heads will be in my spots. It can get sporty out there with those little suckers.....they get mighty curios when your digging.

Really liking the early morning raid technique !! Get to the spot at 830-900 am. So beautiful to be out there offshore, and have the entire spot to myself.....problem is.....if I'm ever gonna get bit by a shark it'll be when I'm out there early with no partner......its scary, and that's part of the rush.....where I hunt is definitely not the normal experience like most beach guys do.....im at least 1.5 miles out in the ocean, usally in waist to chest deep water, on a narrow strip of shallow sand. The current runs at 2knts, and is stronger in chest deep water. If you make a mistake, hurt yourself, lose your kyak, or are harassed by sharks.....well....let's just not go there !! Im very careful, and prefer a partner, and sometimes I'll wait for another boat to get there before I leave......its quite a different experience than my typical after work swim hole. That spot is no bigger than my back yard.....although I have seen a crocodile sleeping on the bottom there. The different offshore spots very in size, but some are as long as a half mile. My favorite spots are all about 300 yards long and nice white sand with patches of light sea grass here and there. So far this year only stingrays, barracudas, and jelly fish. But it's shark pupping time, and many small lemon sharks, black tips, and bonnet heads will be in my spots. It can get sporty out there with those little suckers.....they get mighty curios when your digging.
Bart , if you don't mind me asking. What kind of digging are you doing that far out? Seems a bit far for swimmers, ship wreck I assume? Whatever it is I bet it's a rush by yourself!!!!

It's been an interesting ride with all the different you tube, and Hollywood types that want to treasure hunt !! One cool thing has been the camera gear and drones......your basically dead in the water if you're not using some drone footage in these productions. I've learned what it takes to make a polished production, and a drone and pilot is a must. This last drone was 23,000$ 😯😲😳 it has some kind of 6k filming 🎥 ability, and it morphs its shape in mid air like something out of star wars !! I can't wait to see footage from our fly over on the 4th.....had to be 100 boats, with An average of 4 people each.

Bart , if you don't mind me asking. What kind of digging are you doing that far out? Seems a bit far for swimmers, ship wreck I assume? Whatever it is I bet it's a rush by yourself!!!!
Off shore sand bars....they are the only real beaches here....sometimes there is dry sand briefly at low tide, but you can only get to these spots by boat. I'll post a video....should be some new ones out from the 4th.

This is where we hung in high school on the weekends!! During the 90s it became a legendary spot, and has been known As where the sand bar life style originated.....thats right the original sand bar !! Our brewery and distillery has been the first to really market the life style !! Our first major seller was "sand bar sunday". It is traditional to spend all day here every weekend in waist deep water keeping cool and partying!!

I can see alot of my peeps in this video.....our treasure hunting video will be similar, except we metal detect underwater the next day in the morning!! We got in there and had the drone film us interacting, and everyone wanted on film....it was killer !!

You be safe out there Bart, having a partner is a great option.

Though just the other day while sitting at the dock having lunch we heard a guy screaming out loud that he had his nipple bit by a bluegill or similar nipple biting fish. :laughing7:
He had a partner swimming near him as well-so that didn't help, except she was laughing at his expense.

Ya. You need a spotter with a bang stick.
Even then....A big first aid kit and knowledge of how to keep you alive if mauled too much.

I'd be the avid hunter on a bar grounded barge with a very long handled scoop.
Never mind my signals reach!
I can go home with no gold if the sharks are hunting gold hunters...

(Yep. I'm back! "Mr. swimmerous minimous")

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back