THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Attachments

• 20230707_102012.jpg
    20230707_102012.jpg
    787.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230707_102958.jpg
    20230707_102958.jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230707_102222.jpg
    20230707_102222.jpg
    819.5 KB · Views: 11
Got a cool surprise this morning. Checked my grubs the ones I posted awhile back and got to see what they turn into. Got to see this awesome fellow a green June beetle. These guys have such a cool color.
None like that here.
June bugs we get a couple types. Slow so far this year. Maybe that dry spell we had a while.

Last night I complained not having a hat on outside with a couple dogs , one getting as nervous as I about a moth as big as a bat thumping about. It wasn't a luna...So I don't know what it was....

None like that here.
June bugs we get a couple types. Slow so far this year. Maybe that dry spell we had a while.

Last night I complained not having a hat on outside with a couple dogs , one getting as nervous as I about a moth as big as a bat thumping about. It wasn't a luna...So I don't know what it was....
Lol I had a katydid land on my head and scared the crap out of me. We normally just have plain brown June beetles and sometimes ones that have orange and white stripes those look neat but I hardly see them. This is by far the coolest I've seen Shiney vibrant green.

Lucanus placidus( I think) is our later in summer emergers out of the ground.
As kids we just called them pinchin bugs.
They'll fly around at night too.
stag_beetle_outbreak_vanessa_lightened-300x225.jpg
Those are cool, don't have those here as far as I know

Caught this fellow in Washington. Doing research it's invasive and supposedly eradicated. Well that's wrong I caught one. I won't release it due to it being extremely harmful to trees. As much as I hate holding onto critters I can't feed I don't find it wise to release this.

Attachments

• 20230707_115443.jpg
    20230707_115443.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Got a cool surprise this morning. Checked my grubs the ones I posted awhile back and got to see what they turn into. Got to see this awesome fellow a green June beetle. These guys have such a cool color.
It's still green, need to wait till it turns brown.🤣

Caught this fellow in Washington. Doing research it's invasive and supposedly eradicated. Well that's wrong I caught one. I won't release it due to it being extremely harmful to trees. As much as I hate holding onto critters I can't feed I don't find it wise to release this.
That's a real stomper

My bottle collection got put to use in the new house. My mother asked if she could use them as decor and I said i was fine with that. I'm quite pleased with how it looks.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 15
I haven't seen a green one before. The brown ones become chicken 🐔 food if they see them.
So technically I'm eating bugs.🤣
Lol back when I had chickens they'd eat everything. A snake unwisely ventured into there and was eaten by the chickens

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back