THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Been getting some pretty substantial rains up this way with local flood warnings. It has helped with the smokey skies and got about an hour in yesterday at my favorite local park, one memorial Lincoln cent, some lost keys and the usual bottle caps and can slaw.

Well that was a great party yesterday and meet up of like minded folks.
The Mrs commented after that we were the oldest folks there at the event.

Lots of folks and children that were just being kids-do as you please basically (well behaved)
It seemed that all were homegrown and schooled.

The BBQ had the beef/pork ribs a turning non stop for the pot luck.

"The Windward Passage =:
A pinch point.
A funnel steering Spanish ships through it.
Appropriate for hunters having observed the pattern and understanding the causation; to take advantage of.

I wasn't aware.
But there's other pinch points I'm just as not aware of too! l.o.l..

Also interesting the couple careening spots mentioned. Like tiny isles. Opposed to harbor shore or near populated sites?
Not wanting to walk on the debris ,or suffer the stench of dead worms and barnacles might have factored too?
Or just uneasy folks of varied ships over the years not wanting to be in harms way too deliberately , but close enough for secondary craft to intersperse into and from know societal groups?

In hunting I often refer to "vantage".
Not just vantage points for a hunter. But for the hunted as well.
Combined right they have a higher contact rate than other sites. The why's apply!
(Like The Windward Passages "vantage".)

Just popping in to say, “ Good morning pirates and piratesses!” Had a surprise party last night. All theses people came over and “surprise!” I’m exhausted and only half way through the weekend!

Belated happy birthday Canada!

Happy Canada day PJ.!

0a7d2344632d7b84496235cab767aec6.jpg

I knew........eh? :angel12:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back