THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning SA!!! Ahh poor you…. we are heading out as no rain up’t’north 😆 xx
Well,it's stopped raining and the wind is up, the tide is low! Perfect for deterring them! Have fun oop North!
20230701_100214.jpg

Do you guys have fireworks displays to celebrate 1st of July @pepperj ? I just realized that I don't no anything about Canadian independence day ?
Yes there are city/town displays
Private as well
Started at 7pm last night
Rain for the next 3 days-so that might help.
1bf5ee157bdf092c.jpeg

I think I could find incredible treasure in tortuga !! I've been researching a little at a time for years now!! I've read the accounts and descriptions of the island going back as far as 1602, and even the spanish accounts from before that.......there is no unesco protection for the crumbling forts and ruins of the mighty buccaneer strong hold !! French, spanish, English, Dutch etc.etc.etc they were all there spending fortunes in spanish gold, silver,and jewels. Taverns, whore houses, and every sort of merchant were there trading !! Through sat imagery I've studied ruins, and have located areas that would produce produce incredible finds, with minimal efforts im sure.....time is frozen, and it's all laying in the sands and dirt of Tortuga. Once you know the history it becomes easy to see what the possibilities of discovery are !! Tortugas possibilities are unbelievable!! I've convinced myself it's worth the effort to figure out a safe travel plan.

I think I could find incredible treasure in tortuga !! I've been researching a little at a time for years now!! I've read the accounts and descriptions of the island going back as far as 1602, and even the spanish accounts from before that.......there is no unesco protection for the crumbling forts and ruins of the mighty buccaneer strong hold !! French, spanish, English, Dutch etc.etc.etc they were all there spending fortunes in spanish gold, silver,and jewels. Taverns, whore houses, and every sort of merchant were there trading !! Through sat imagery I've studied ruins, and have located areas that would produce produce incredible finds, with minimal efforts im sure.....time is frozen, and it's all laying in the sands and dirt of Tortuga. Once you know the history it becomes easy to see what the possibilities of discovery are !! Tortugas possibilities are unbelievable!! I've convinced myself it's worth the effort to figure out a safe travel plan.
Sounds like awesome stuff. Nothing exciting around here unfortunately for me lol

???

Former islands[edit]​

Formerly existing keys were (from west to east):

• Southwest Key, disappeared by 1875, today a shoal south off of Loggerhead Reef.
  • Bird Key (formerly Booby Key), was about 1.5 km (0.93 mi) southwest of Garden Key, disappeared in 1935. Current names in the area are Bird Key Bank and Bird Key Harbor. The Key was the site of numerous Union soldiers' graves during the Civil War.[14]: 88 
  • North Key, probably identical with former Booby Island, current name in the area is North Key Harbor, an anchorage WSW of Pulaski Shoal, disappeared by 1875.
  • Northeast Key (earlier called Sand Key), was between East Key and North Key, slightly to the North, disappeared by 1875.

Happy Canada day Peps! Xx 🤗…. Took this pic especially for you! xx

and a little something for you treasure addicts… Blossom is on a roll, a medieval strap end on Tuesday, a Roman Fibula on Thursday, and a hammered (albeit battered) today…..! ……. Your welcome xx😆 xx

Thread 'Saturday’s Treasure xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/saturdays-treasure-xx.685681/
IMG_7660.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back