THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I've been crying for about 15 minutes......some treasures are just not replaceable, and are fragile, and very personal. Many years ago I lost a family heirloom to the trash, when a book was thrown away, and it was tucked inside the hardback cover for protection.

Well....to my surprise, I found this treasure again while cleaning up our guest room....mind you this treasure was thought to be gone for the last 25 years, and low and behold there it is tucked behind the cover of a book I thought to look through!!! Instant free flowing tears on site !! Here it is....let's see if you guys can figure it out ??
20230630_125412.jpg
20230630_125338.jpg
20230630_125343.jpg
20230630_125356.jpg

I've been crying for about 15 minutes......some treasures are just not replaceable, and are fragile, and very personal. Many years ago I lost a family heirloom to the trash, when a book was thrown away, and it was tucked inside the hardback cover for protection.

Well....to my surprise, I found this treasure again while cleaning up our guest room....mind you this treasure was thought to be gone for the last 25 years, and low and behold there it is tucked behind the cover of a book I thought to look through!!! Instant free flowing tears on site !! Here it is....let's see if you guys can figure it out ?? View attachment 2091344View attachment 2091345View attachment 2091346View attachment 2091347
That would appear to me as what was seen into or onto the fliers jackets in WWII

My grandfather's blood chit from ww2. That was sown into his jacket.....it traveled many miles, and saw many bombing raids. Including the longest range bombing Mission in ww2. Lt. Colonel James A. Conway 509th bomb wing.....the ones who dropped the bomb. Not even sure what they were in the beginning, but my grandfather was deeply involved in the B-29 bomber program and commanded the first active squadron of these bombers.....amongst many other incredible feats during the war. This piece was with him at all times, and the sweat stains on this blood chit were sacrificed for my freedoms .... and everyone else's too. It is priceless to me and will be properly preserved and displayed !!

My grandfather's blood chit from ww2. That was sown into his jacket.....it traveled many miles, and saw many bombing raids. Including the longest range bombing Mission in ww2. Lt. Colonel James A. Conway 509th bomb wing.....the ones who dropped the bomb. Not even sure what they were in the beginning, but my grandfather was deeply involved in the B-29 bomber program and commanded the first active squadron of these bombers.....amongst many other incredible feats during the war. This piece was with him at all times, and the sweat stains on this blood chit were sacrificed for my freedoms .... and everyone else's too. It is priceless to me and will be properly preserved and displayed !!
Really cool history and a cool heirloom you have. I'm glad you were able to find it.

Did you bring a detector? Just in case you might get a chance?
Of course I did. I am definitely going to use it there. Not sure if there will be anything interesting in Washington and Oregon mostly logging history by what I know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back