THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

As I was reading this, I had a couple thoughts. First one is that I think that was what I pulled up on my phone while trying to decide to buy it. Lol. Second, could it possibly be that the Lay Brothers had these made up for them with their name on them in case they were lost in the lake, a finder would know who to return to? Kinda like how the charters due with their church boards now?
I found similar images, but not exact ones. I may have the opportunity to investigate while up there. Got to be secretive. This is Xmas present. And if it is a float and it is very old, then it is a good present. 🤗

Hey , I float , and I'm old...

How common were commercial floats in the approximate area of time and what sources existed?
Seems the net companies would be providing needed floats as options.
It would take a being in need highly situation or convenient metal shop needing work to go locally for a source. Doesn't look like it would take much to build them but to set up and schedule equipment and stuff for a run would take commitment.
But ...We're a ways from knowing still. And you appear to have found more about it than I have.

Mornin all.

Waiting for the bulldog to make a noise to let me know he's ready to go out.
(He's crated in a quiet room.)

Ding a ling smallest dog was tearing around last night in the living room where he choose to be at bedtime....In a panic over the storm , and injured an eye.
Dogs don't want to give me a break I guess.

3rd generation of Popeye food.
Spinach seed is coming along nicely.
20230629_101902.jpg

2 hard recoveries
Garter snake fell in to the drain, so it was time to go get the spoon and clean out the catch basin.
20230629_103357.jpg

20230629_103419.jpg

Then I noticed a set of eyes looking at me.
This guy jumped in 6 weeks ago, still in there.
20230629_104159.jpg

Just resting on the big granite rock, contemplating life out of the drain.
20230629_105134.jpg

So my good insect catching saves of the day.

Yesterday, we took my dad to some antique stores in Piqua. He and his brother and sisters lived there with relatives for a while until their parents found a house in Dayton. I was waiting for my daughter to check out when I noticed some old yearbooks in a crate on the floor. I picked one up, 1943, and started looking. A couple pages in was the surname. I showed my dad and he had the deer in the headlights look. Then, I slid my finger up to the picture and his face lit up and he excitedly said, “That’s Bud!” I had to buy it, in hopes that it brings a smile to my Aunts face like it did my Dad. $5.00. Some moments are just priceless. 🥹

Why the sad face , @releventchair ? That was a hilarious comeback. I can’t keep a straight face.
I'm sad cause you're laughing . Instead of making arrangements..
Sitting here with my little suitcase and holding the little dog with the sore eye (It's been storming again) peering out the window waiting in anticipation ... And you're laughing.

We could sleep in the boat if need be. And we're both housebroken.
:blackbeard:

Good morning Pirates xx friday is finally here!!! Yay xx hope u all have a good one… here is a little something for ur viewing pleasure over ur morning coffee… blossom followed the bird poop… and it took her to this stunner 😎 …!!! Xx 🤗

Thread 'Thursday Evening Finds xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/thursday-evening-finds-xx.685630/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back