THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Well.....if I can bag some gold today it will be an official.....good start to the summer. Have no idea about this spot, or when, if, and who, is hunting it. It will be a shot in the dark....havnt been here in a few years. It's a mega spot, and sees incredible traffic. Last time I was here it was getting hit hard by others. If those other hunters are not there these days it could be a mega hunt !! Im hoping to get some memorial day weekend drops still. We will see ?? Here we go !!

The above photo came from this site... i highly suggest you all check this page out... its all cool found stuff with story and pics... i found it very interesting.

Is #137 similar to blossoms find yesterday?

Spent the weekend here, but not allowed to detect, so did the next best thing.... beer!
20230624_155224.jpg
20230624_163601.jpg

Gotta share. Years ago we had a Friday night weekly auction. It drew an eclectic crowd (weirdos). It appeared that someone was auctioning off a landfill, 1 item at a time. A guy there told me about a coin he bought one week when I was gone. “It was from 100 BC”. He gave $1 for it. “No one else would bid because they thought it was a fake.” I asked how he knew it was a truly a BC coin. His reply, “it said 100 BC right on it.” I hope you enjoyed this moment. I did at the time.

Good morning everyone. Well I get to go to Washington for a week to my grandparents lots of family getting together. Leaving the 30th at night going to be in the car for about 12 hours so thats going to be fun

137?? It doesnt let me go to 137 😳….!!!! 🤔 so im sorry RC i cannot comment 😆 xx

37. An Amateur Treasure Hunter Finds Iron Age Chariot​

Year Discovered: 2018
Est. Value: $1.152 million*
Amateur treasure hunters sometimes find precious things, though those occurrences are few and far between because the hunters aren’t overly experienced. Treasure hunter and history lover Mike Smith set out with his metal detector to probe for treasures in a Pembrokeshire, Wales field.

Advertisement
An Amateur Treasure Hunter Finds Iron Age Chariot @artnet/Pinterest

Good morning everyone. Well I get to go to Washington for a week to my grandparents lots of family getting together. Leaving the 30th at night going to be in the car for about 12 hours so thats going to be fun
mornin JVA!

Yes. It will be fun if you let it.

Get togethers with family. Do it!
I get a chance soon. Been a long time.
They are calling it a rebellion. Sounds fun. l.o.l.. Just crazy enough I won't feel as out of place as usual.
Most relatives I recall on that side are gone now.
Have to talk to younger ones now .That's alright.

mornin JVA!

Yes. It will be fun if you let it.

Get togethers with family. Do it!
I get a chance soon. Been a long time.
They are calling it a rebellion. Sounds fun. l.o.l.. Just crazy enough I won't feel as out of place as usual.
Most relatives I recall on that side are gone now.
Have to talk to younger ones now .That's alright.
I'm looking forward to seeing family and some different metal detecting opportunities

Safe travels my friend!! Wish I could still speak with my grandparents, I would have a lot more questions for them about life.

Looking around on the net I think there was a image that said it had a 53 yrd rock bucket and he tires weighed 9 tons each. Not an average gravel pit loader-"can I get a 1/4 of a bucket in my trip-axle dump" :laughing7:
That's a load of rock right there!!!! The biggest excavator bucket I ever used was a 8yrd (that's struck). 12 yrd by the time you get a bucket full laying sewer pipe and that's a chunk of earth at a time!!!!

Well.....if I can bag some gold today it will be an official.....good start to the summer. Have no idea about this spot, or when, if, and who, is hunting it. It will be a shot in the dark....havnt been here in a few years. It's a mega spot, and sees incredible traffic. Last time I was here it was getting hit hard by others. If those other hunters are not there these days it could be a mega hunt !! Im hoping to get some memorial day weekend drops still. We will see ?? Here we go !!
Bart when are you gonna offer us some discounted gold? I’m old enough now to wear a bracelet or necklace of 18 k

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back