THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning WD
I see all those Mayflies and think there's a lot of fish that aren't very hungry right about now.
Then again a worm might look good to a big old reel screamer.

If walleye are coughing up mayflies , are they catching them as they emerge from the mud or all over the water column?

Comfort (temp and oxygen level and as ever amount of light) might factor too in suspended fish.

Not anything I'd be good at but a slight current in a spot to hold and clobber bait even in a neutral mood spot might produce. A friends temp and depth equipment cold not temp changes....But current no.
And sometimes eyes like a bit or more current. As you know.

A guy used to sneak them out of channels where people cruised through far more than they fished. (I'd hazard he knew a couple current moving spots in those channels.)

But , you'll probably be out in the big basin.
Leaving you the wind or breeze to consider as moving bait ,including mayflys.
Weather coming in means a weather eye in case of a run to port needed quick. But upwind in a decent wind should have less flies in the water?

It'll storm here Sun. Not sure what's going on prior besides humidity going up.
Erie gets churned up it'll likely mean visibility drops. Not sure how it will affect the lies. Seems hatch should be tapering off before long. Been a while since nights on a motorbike keeping track inland. l.o.l.. (Beware certain river bridges during a hatch..)

Good luck!
Or good fishing instead.

Mind your ReefRunner color options.
Eyes been gorging on flies if they want. Maybe they want to sample what else is nabbing flies. What type baitfish involved...From small perch to who knows?
Fish digests differently that bugs too (says I). An eye can inhale one now and then just because it's an opportunity. It won't hurt the digestion. Well , a hook might!

Get em W.D.'s!
(Watch the weather though. As always.)
I’m pooped!
Yesterday started out a little chilly but the forecast was to be nice and comfortable 70’s. Going down the channel, I got the camera out and to my disappointment there was no SD card. Argh! Then, the Mr broke the antenna on his boat. The plan was a long boat ride out to the border. My back protested vehemently. I ended up laying down until we reached our final destination. And… it started a misty rain.
Hubby was given a bag of reef runners by the local tackle shop, all different color combinations and two different series. He wanted to use the 800 series. Six different colors. We caught fish, a lot of fish, good eating size fish. That was not what we came for. Our friends started out with worm harness.
There were several boats in the area . Cell service is nill so the radio is a must have to talk to one another. Well we got too far apart so I had to go to the front of the boat and hold up the antenna. 🤪😂.
One of the girls caught a Fish Ohio 7.91#28.75" . Not enough to win the women division but she has a chance at second and third. Time will tell.
We had switched over to worm harnesses just before they caught their big one and went in. The boats started clearing out and the Mr said,” Pull ‘em. We’re making a move.”
We were greeted by the Canadian Border Patrol.

IMG_3721.jpeg

Okay, okay, we will stay on our side. Lol.

We dropped our lines and next thing you know we are catching big fish. Hubby had a set of BogaGrips that registered mine at over 7 # and his around 6.5#. Had to keep mine until we got back in where we had cell service. We caught lots of 5-6# fish. Hubby committed another no-no. He was not wearing the wrist band on the Bogas and a fish shook it right out of his hand. Most unfortunate for both. 😢

It turned into such a gorgeous day out there that we decided to fish until the worms were gone. The fish decided to play our silly game and when we had one worm left in the box, all 6 rods got hit. Talk about a flurry!
We got close enough to use the cell and decided he needed to weigh my fish. Unofficial weight of mine was 6.3#.
“It’s okay that you dropped the bogagrips, because they really sucked for weighing fish!”
Looked at the list and from what I could tell, I might have placed in the veterans division. We would have had to be at the official weigh station before 8:00 am. Decided it wasn’t worth it. Gave the fish away. Pulled out of Huron at 8:30 pm. My longest day fishing!

IMG_3719.jpeg

I am not pregnant.! The wind blew my shirt up like a balloon!

I’m pooped!
Yesterday started out a little chilly but the forecast was to be nice and comfortable 70’s. Going down the channel, I got the camera out and to my disappointment there was no SD card. Argh! Then, the Mr broke the antenna on his boat. The plan was a long boat ride out to the border. My back protested vehemently. I ended up laying down until we reached our final destination. And… it started a misty rain.
Hubby was given a bag of reef runners by the local tackle shop, all different color combinations and two different series. He wanted to use the 800 series. Six different colors. We caught fish, a lot of fish, good eating size fish. That was not what we came for. Our friends started out with worm harness.
There were several boats in the area . Cell service is nill so the radio is a must have to talk to one another. Well we got too far apart so I had to go to the front of the boat and hold up the antenna. 🤪😂.
One of the girls caught a Fish Ohio 7.91#28.75" . Not enough to win the women division but she has a chance at second and third. Time will tell.
We had switched over to worm harnesses just before they caught their big one and went in. The boats started clearing out and the Mr said,” Pull ‘em. We’re making a move.”

View attachment 2090527

We dropped our lines and next thing you know we are catching big fish. Hubby had a set of BogaGrips that registered mine at over 7 # and his around 6.5#. Had to keep mine until we got back in where we had cell service. We caught lots of 5-6# fish. Hubby committed another no-no. He was not wearing the wrist band on the Bogas and a fish shook it right out of his hand. Most unfortunate for both. 😢

It turned into such a gorgeous day out there that we decided to fish until the worms were gone. The fish decided to play our silly game and when we had one worm left in the box, all 6 rods got hit. Talk about a flurry!
We got close enough to use the cell and decided he needed to weigh my fish. Unofficial weight of mine was 6.3#.
“It’s okay that you dropped the bogagrips, because they really sucked for weighing fish!”
Looked at the list and from what I could tell, I might have placed in the veterans division. We would have had to be at the official weigh station before 8:00 am. Decided it wasn’t worth it. Gave the fish away. Pulled out of Huron at 8:30 pm. My longest day fishing!

View attachment 2090528

Congrats! A serious good days fishing!

(You two picking out names for the upcoming new little one(s) yet?)
:blackbeard:

I’m pooped!

View attachment 2090527

View attachment 2090528

Congrats on the catches.
And the new addition.

Though I saw a movie once many moons ago.
All I remember was a blonde and a dress blowing up.
Now is your boat called Desire?

Good evening all you lovely people! soz was out yesterday doing social things…. We went to the village do at the little sports and social club where me and himself met 19 years ago 😂😂 So strange going back in time, especially when you see yourself in a picture on the wall 😂😂 I desperately want to show you, but it is 1. Behind glass and 2 we are in fancy dress 😂😂😂 ….. hmmm am I brave enough?? 🤔 …..!!

anyway … we did venture out today in the blazing sun for you… enjoy xx

Thread 'Today’s Treasure'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/todays-treasure.685458/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back