THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning one and all!

Happy Wednesday Memes to Post to Social Media Wednesday Greetings, Happy Wednesday Quotes, Wednesday Humor, Good Morning Wednesday, Monday Humor, Good Morning Funny, Morning Humor, Happy Wednesday Pictures, Wednesday Motivation

Good morning all ye pirates.. we are off to the local museum today with the Monks Head i found…also taking a few other bits for id! xx hopefully we can go treasure hunting afterwards… what a day 😎 xx play nicely in my absence 😆 xx 🤗
I hope you are having a successful, informative, beautiful day!

Even dug up an 1800s ship timber that was buried at the tourist spot !! Pulled a bronze ship spike out of it.
Dayuum Bart!
You scored more gold and ship relic and diamonds and more in a day than I have in a lifetime.
Good thing we weren't competing.
There would have been a swoosh swoosh sound of a detector cartwheeling out into the ocean by itself.

Congrats!!
I'm liking the chains. Portable and wearable ; without looking like I'm smuggling gold I don't have.
And some weight.

(6 rings. Egads,,,)
Dang Bart!

What is on the list to do?
Oh it's the first day of summer?
If it is well happy summer pirates.
Now 2 years ago this very day, I bought a starter for the Ford 5000.
Being it's anniversary time, is smoking.
FYI STARTERS AREN'T SUPPOSE TO SMOKE! 😡😤🤬🥺
Called up the shop, "Can you test to see what is wrong "
Bring it in something is going to happen.
Now the Pepper is 🤔
Will he get a kiss 💋 😘 at the end of this adventure.
Think positive mate, it could be worse.
Positive thoughts Jim, positive thoughts, positive thoughts Jim.🤭

Oh I feel like pulling the left shoulder thought card.
Go in the shop and say...
"Let's be honest here I'm going to get a good screwing over, aren't I" 🤣

What is on the list to do?
Oh it's the first day of summer?
If it is well happy summer pirates.
Now 2 years ago this very day, I bought a starter for the Ford 5000.
Being it's anniversary time, is smoking.
FYI STARTERS AREN'T SUPPOSE TO SMOKE! 😡😤🤬🥺
Called up the shop, "Can you test to see what is wrong "
Bring it in something is going to happen.
Now the Pepper is 🤔
Will he get a kiss 💋 😘 at the end of this adventure.
Think positive mate, it could be worse.
Positive thoughts Jim, positive thoughts, positive thoughts Jim.🤭

Oh I feel like pulling the left shoulder thought card.
Go in the shop and say...
"Let's be honest here I'm going to get a good screwing over, aren't I" 🤣

Yes / No. Don't let the magic smoke out!
Two years isn't very long. Sure I could kill a small pile of batteries in two years but a starter.....Would be a new surprise. Though possible of course.

Cable shorted on one in the belly of a Deere 60 on me one time. It smoked too...
Bearings were scored/fried and binding too ; to help up the starters grunt trying to move the flywheel.
Encouraging the cable to smoke more.
Nothing cheap to come of watching that smoke float from electrical stuff usually.

Oh , I shorted my newest ratchet touching a battery terminal a while back. And it wasn't on purpose. Crackled and smoked briefly. Only seemed to cost some finish on the ratchet. But improved the grip.

Ah, yes! The first day of summer. Well. I have been playing on the computer all morning! Argh!
But it has been sort of good. I checked my lab results from the blood work taken the other day. Note from DR said, "Everything stable." I have a couple of more testings to go through in the next couple weeks, yet.
Next, well let me back up. While at the antique mall yesterday, I bought an old fruit jar book for giggles mostly. $5.00 and it is so compact compared to the "RED BOOK." Anyway in conversing with the checkout clerk, he gave me a website to find any/all out of print books: used.addall.com (no www in front of it). I found an Ohio Bottles Book, Bicentenial Edition and upon checking out, I noticed an abundance of credit card bonus Points, so I ordered 8 things total. All free, so to speak. So, I think I shall go outside now and see if the goodness will appear in the form of a cool find!
Saddly, the days start getting shorter now. :crybaby2:

Wow my little chums, I’m back, had an epic day, took pictures in the museum so tomoz will show you some old stuff, the Finds Liason Officer was lovely so we gave her 35 items to ID for us along with the infamous monks head..

the we went a detecting, well I did, himself decided to just dig big and small lumps of lead for some reason unknown to anyone but himself 😂 so I just plodded on getting all the good stuff 😆 I hope you are proud!!! 😂😂😂

Thread 'Awesome Day in the Uk! 😆 xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/awesome-day-in-the-uk-xx.685346/

Good morning everyone, wishing you all a wonderful day and a happy first day of summer or as we like to call it in the central valley of California hell lol(sometimes gets ridiculously hot)

So, do you use an underwater detector or just snorkel & search? I've considered doing that at Sebastian Inlet as there are hundreds of boats partying in the shallows on the weekends.
Yes....currently I'm on the nox 700....which has performed flawlessly for me. Stock yellow waterproof headphones. This machine has had the best start of any machine I've ever used.....second hunt was a huge platinum ring, and the machine was paid for x2 !! Shortly after that a 1760s pillar dollar, and handfuls of rings and jewelry. If I'm not using the nox 700, I'm using the excal 2. Always metaldetecting while snorkeling or diving on compressed air....I don't use a scoop....just because of grass and rock in most places I hunt. I could've used a scoop yesterday, and I saw the scoop marks of my competition. But as soon as I got out of the most popular area there was change, and older rings, and no scoop marks in the bottom. This guy cleans every coin from his spot, and I find very few there.....but when I get into the areas he skips.....bang...gold !! I spent 5 hours in the water so im digging hundreds of targets !!

Yes....currently I'm on the nox 700....which has performed flawlessly for me. Stock yellow waterproof headphones. This machine has had the best start of any machine I've ever used.....second hunt was a huge platinum ring, and the machine was paid for x2 !! Shortly after that a 1760s pillar dollar, and handfuls of rings and jewelry. If I'm not using the nox 700, I'm using the excal 2. Always metaldetecting while snorkeling or diving on compressed air....I don't use a scoop....just because of grass and rock in most places I hunt. I could've used a scoop yesterday, and I saw the scoop marks of my competition. But as soon as I got out of the most popular area there was change, and older rings, and no scoop marks in the bottom. This guy cleans every coin from his spot, and I find very few there.....but when I get into the areas he skips.....bang...gold !! I spent 5 hours in the water so im digging hundreds of targets !!
The area at Sebastian is very shallow. I would just wade. I don't scuba dive but could maybe snorkle. Just thinking about a new hobby. Thanks

Yes / No. Don't let the magic smoke out!
Two years isn't very long. Sure I could kill a small pile of batteries in two years but a starter.....Would be a new surprise. Though possible of course.

Cable shorted on one in the belly of a Deere 60 on me one time. It smoked too...
Bearings were scored/fried and binding too ; to help up the starters grunt trying to move the flywheel.
Encouraging the cable to smoke more.
Nothing cheap to come of watching that smoke float from electrical stuff usually.

Oh , I shorted my newest ratchet touching a battery terminal a while back. And it wasn't on purpose. Crackled and smoked briefly. Only seemed to cost some finish on the ratchet. But improved the grip.
If it was easy.....
Got the starter off, went to rebuilder, smoked on the bench. Maybe a combination of his smoke and starter.
A block grommet had failed and it was shorting out. Fast fix, $20 and he poured himself another whiskey and Pepsi.
I wonder if an intravenous hook up would be better for him? Anyways 3 smokes, 2 whiskeys and I was gone.
Put a new ground cable on the old girl, then when I readjusted the positive, more smoke.
Rubber splicing tape fixed that one.
Tested the load on the battery, 15 seconds stayed at 12volts.
Still won't turn over.
Tractor Mechanic buddy coming over.

The Mrs asked me to cut some spinach.
Pre or post hand cleaning?
Picture of paw even after it was cleaned up 6x prior.
Nothing rusts on this engine 🤣
20230621_163114.jpg
20230621_153754.jpg

If it was easy.....
Got the starter off, went to rebuilder, smoked on the bench. Maybe a combination of his smoke and starter.
A block grommet had failed and it was shorting out. Fast fix, $20 and he poured himself another whiskey and Pepsi.
I wonder if an intravenous hook up would be better for him? Anyways 3 smokes, 2 whiskeys and I was gone.
Put a new ground cable on the old girl, then when I readjusted the positive, more smoke.
Rubber splicing tape fixed that one.
Tested the load on the battery, 15 seconds stayed at 12volts.
Still won't turn over.
Tractor Mechanic buddy coming over.

The Mrs asked me to cut some spinach.
Pre or post hand cleaning?
Picture of paw even after it was cleaned up 6x prior.
Nothing rusts on this engine 🤣View attachment 2090056View attachment 2090057

Ran the Tryke yesterday. A low speed jet(S) must be plugged or restricted. Wants the choke on.
Cuss.Cuss , do Yosemite Sam hop up and down cussing more. (It just purred idling without the belt on the other day. l.o.l..)

Your engine crank move a little by carefully moving a / the belt?
Crap like a mouse stuck between teeth on the flywheel or just worn position on flywheel can stick a starter.
(Not likely you missed that though.)
Got mad (well not mad) at one a while back and rocked it a little using a rear tire for leverage. Not sure why anymore...

Ran the Tryke yesterday. A low speed jet(S) must be plugged or restricted. Wants the choke on.
Cuss.Cuss , do Yosemite Sam hop up and down cussing more. (It just purred idling without the belt on the other day. l.o.l..)

Your engine crank move a little by carefully moving a / the belt?
Crap like a mouse stuck between teeth on the flywheel or just worn position on flywheel can stick a starter.
(Not likely you missed that though.)
Got mad (well not mad) at one a while back and rocked it a little using a rear tire for leverage. Not sure why anymore...
I can get anywhere from a 1/4-3 slow spins of the fan.
It's like its in gear, but usually the starter would move the tractor if the clutch was stuck.

I can get anywhere from a 1/4-3 slow spins of the fan.
It's like its in gear, but usually the starter would move the tractor if the clutch was stuck.
Ahh. Springtime. And summer after.
So different than winter when wrenching on stuff is like , well wrenching on stuff.

Bad ground on one did that. Barrrrely crannk-ka- blah. Went to braided cable after a protracted fight. Cleaned where starter mounts to tractor too.
Same one I found a couple spots on the long cable to the starter corroded just enough... It had to be eliminated to eliminate it. (6volt though , no mercy if one strand of wire is broke it seems like sometimes.) Previous routing let the previous owner bite the cable with the clutch pedal . Hidden from sight of course.

But the flow wasn't enough and dragged in most cases.. You got the load capacity on your battery.
Parts store brought the "hotdog" tester out and my last 6 Volt I had charged and it crashed when I pulled the switch after each charge , crashed when a load was put on it for him too. Not a delayed deal either...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back