THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

And a very good morning to you all too… absolutely pouring with rain here today.. so digging conditions should be perfect for tomorrow’s jaunt!! Hope u are all feeling peachy today 😆 xx 🤗
Morning blossom
Just had a quick peek at the radar and I'd say your well wet today.
The spade will penetrate the soils for sure.
How deep is that stream that you were detecting beside?

Morning blossom
Just had a quick peek at the radar and I'd say your well wet today.
The spade will penetrate the soils for sure.
How deep is that stream that you were detecting beside?
Oh yes think we have had a months worth already this am… the stream is always ankle deep in my convincing himself to get in… (ok in reality its knee high in places…. but we don’t advertise that 🤫) xx ha!!! xx

Did i tell u, last year, in preparation for our maiden voyage i brought him beach shoes to protect his little trotters from danger…. So we are sitting on the bank changing shoes ready to head in… i notice he has kept his socks on… why on earth i ask slightly confused… his reply… well that water is going to be very cold he says….. 😂😂 …

…. and thats exactly why i love him….!! 😂😂

Oh yes think we have had a months worth already this am… the stream is always ankle deep in my convincing himself to get in… (ok in reality its knee high in places…. but we don’t advertise that 🤫) xx ha!!! xx

Did i tell u, last year, in preparation for our maiden voyage i brought him beach shoes to protect his little trotters from danger…. So we are sitting on the bank changing shoes ready to head in… i notice he has kept his socks on… why on earth i ask slightly confused… his reply… well that water is going to be very cold he says….. 😂😂 …

…. and thats exactly why i love him….!! 😂😂
So if you get the direct shipping option.
These will be at the door by Friday pm.
Ready for himself on Saturday morning.
71Mc7xqLJrL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.png

I'm so distraught that my boat after a year of messing with is still not up and running. I've gone from excited, to disappointed, to just plain depressed 😔 about it. It's been an on going battle to bring it back from 2 years of neglect. It caused a huge fight between me and another captain who in the end was fired over the whole thing. Ironically he was just hired again and now is working for us after a 2 year hiatus. Either way I'm still struggling with the damage this idiot caused to my boat. I feel like all my plans and dreams are slipping by as the summer marches on without me. It's been such a disappointment for my son who still hasn't got out to fish for his first tarpon. Starting to feel like I can't get it done......now its close, and I've got the VST fuel system on the bench, and being pressure tested. I will not give up.....this boat is gonna be my next business, and I plan on charter fishing this boat and teaching my kid how to guide fish !! There will be many shallow water treasure hunts, and this will help me transition away from the maintenance end of these yachts, and pick and choose the best fishing trips when im not fishing my boat. Anyhow I'd love to drive down and launch my boat today at my homeowners park and then rip down to the sand bars and treasure hunt !! Instead I'll load my kyak and paddle 1.5 miles to the sand bar....its a lot of work with a kyak !!

I must have patience and things will work out. This beautiful 18 foot maverick flats boat with a merc. 150 opti max was given to me by my boss !! One of the most gracious gifts anyone has ever given me !! I have incredible employers who believe in me 110% we have gone places and done things together that would seem impossible to most people. I've been able to gain there trust, and they have given me the keys to millions of dollars worth of equipment!! I've been able to take that equipment and take them on the biggest most memorable adventures of there lives !! We've fished exotic locations, and found buried treasure, we've won tournaments and boat races, and we've been places and seen things im sure they never dreamed was possible. I've trained and certified there children, and grandchildren in scuba, and taught them the ins and outs of shell diving, spear fishing, hog dogging, sail fishing, trolling, marlin fishing, etc.etc.etc!! Im in disbelief that I've worked this dream job for 15 years now with the same family !! They have been so great to me.....just a little more work , and I can move forward with a great little charter boat to retire on !!

So if you get the direct shipping option.
These will be at the door by Friday pm.
Ready for himself on Saturday morning. View attachment 2089883
Oh my!

The coffee is well agitated from laughing.
"Trotters" had me thinking Piglet from Winnie the Poo. Didn't find anything too related to wading footwear but did find Piglet pictured socks.

Was a Peppa episode of golden boots though!
R.e1aebeb6c74d94ea45c8c2b7bdfd36a9

Oh my!

The coffee is well agitated from laughing.
"Trotters" had me thinking Piglet from Winnie the Poo. Didn't find anything too related to wading footwear but did find Piglet pictured socks.

Was a Peppa episode of golden boots though!
R.e1aebeb6c74d94ea45c8c2b7bdfd36a9

Ha!! Im glad i brought a smile to ur face, but sorry for agitating the coffee… 😬 xx

Perfect… i will get 4… one for each of his appendages 😆 xx 😂😂
Better idea, this one has a detecting retrieval platform.
We do request photos of this detecting event please.
(Going to be submitting the photo to the things I saw today Contest. )

flamingo-party-island-b71f8770-4e8b-4db4-b101-be4c92655286.png

I'm so distraught that my boat after a year of messing with is still not up and running. I've gone from excited, to disappointed, to just plain depressed 😔 about it. It's been an on going battle to bring it back from 2 years of neglect. It caused a huge fight between me and another captain who in the end was fired over the whole thing. Ironically he was just hired again and now is working for us after a 2 year hiatus. Either way I'm still struggling with the damage this idiot caused to my boat. I feel like all my plans and dreams are slipping by as the summer marches on without me. It's been such a disappointment for my son who still hasn't got out to fish for his first tarpon. Starting to feel like I can't get it done......now its close, and I've got the VST fuel system on the bench, and being pressure tested. I will not give up.....this boat is gonna be my next business, and I plan on charter fishing this boat and teaching my kid how to guide fish !! There will be many shallow water treasure hunts, and this will help me transition away from the maintenance end of these yachts, and pick and choose the best fishing trips when im not fishing my boat. Anyhow I'd love to drive down and launch my boat today at my homeowners park and then rip down to the sand bars and treasure hunt !! Instead I'll load my kyak and paddle 1.5 miles to the sand bar....its a lot of work with a kyak !!

I must have patience and things will work out. This beautiful 18 foot maverick flats boat with a merc. 150 opti max was given to me by my boss !! One of the most gracious gifts anyone has ever given me !! I have incredible employers who believe in me 110% we have gone places and done things together that would seem impossible to most people. I've been able to gain there trust, and they have given me the keys to millions of dollars worth of equipment!! I've been able to take that equipment and take them on the biggest most memorable adventures of there lives !! We've fished exotic locations, and found buried treasure, we've won tournaments and boat races, and we've been places and seen things im sure they never dreamed was possible. I've trained and certified there children, and grandchildren in scuba, and taught them the ins and outs of shell diving, spear fishing, hog dogging, sail fishing, trolling, marlin fishing, etc.etc.etc!! Im in disbelief that I've worked this dream job for 15 years now with the same family !! They have been so great to me.....just a little more work , and I can move forward with a great little charter boat to retire on !!

Ya well crap Bart.
Suckage. Delay. Backtrack. Surprize . W.T.H.. break out another grand(just not funny anymore is it...)

Sorry , not much to say about your craft I can't see. Curious if you guys run kickers for trolling.
Yes there's plates ect, for trolling but being able to limp in with a kicker is a redundant way in fair weather to make shore.
And keeps hours off the big motor (s).
Friend had linkage to his so the steering remained. Nice.

I'm still wrenching on the trike. Lock nuts are rough on my hands wrenching. But are stock so I'm putting them back on.

But...That not knowing for sure why I didn't have spark but got it back after tearing down and behind the flywheel to ignition components too ; then getting spark back ...
If that was on a boat you ran , we know it wouldn't be ready to go without testing farther.
Meanwhile it sets and purrs so nice. Even with that old downdraft carburetor.

All to say don't sweat it. You're way ahead of me.
Downtime vs repairs in an industry you are fully familier with.
While that old woman time Ulysses encountered is ready to whip your butt too!

Then there is just the stuff I've not learned that you have. IF I could be patient enough to apply it.
Oh I've done rework. Paid for it but don't look too hard to find more.

Here's rework. And why do it right the first time not being done , sells boats...

Better idea, this one has a detecting retrieval platform.
We do request photos of this detecting event please.
(Going to be submitting the photo to the things I saw today Contest. )

View attachment 2089884
Ha ha…. Do u remember last year i hosted a basset hound garden party? Well i managed to get himself
IMG_7410.jpeg
to trial the agility items….. so fairly sure if i can get him to inflate it, i can get him in it😂😂😂😂😂.. xx

Ha ha…. Do u remember last year i hosted a basset hound garden party? Well i managed to get himself View attachment 2089888to trial the agility items….. so fairly sure if i can get him to inflate it, i can get him in it😂😂😂😂😂.. xx
You're not trying to pull a fast one and be calling them there creature a Bassett Hound RU?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back