THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Ahh. Springtime. And summer after.
So different than winter when wrenching on stuff is like , well wrenching on stuff.

Bad ground on one did that. Barrrrely crannk-ka- blah. Went to braided cable after a protracted fight. Cleaned where starter mounts to tractor too.
Same one I found a couple spots on the long cable to the starter corroded just enough... It had to be eliminated to eliminate it. (6volt though , no mercy if one strand of wire is broke it seems like sometimes.) Previous routing let the previous owner bite the cable with the clutch pedal . Hidden from sight of course.

But the flow wasn't enough and dragged in most cases.. You got the load capacity on your battery.
Parts store brought the "hotdog" tester out and my last 6 Volt I had charged and it crashed when I pulled the switch after each charge , crashed when a load was put on it for him too. Not a delayed deal either...
We load tested the battery once again, the mechanic said good.
Load tested right at the starter, everything good.
Hit starter button, bottomed the load tester instantly.
Went and took battery out of the 3000. Bloody things are heavy.
Put it in the 5000.
Instantly started.
Shut it off, 😒 🙄 😑 🤣
Back to square one.
Mechanic is going to call Mr. Whiskey up in the morning.
There was smoke again, so we disconnected the positive for the night.

tubing.png

HELLO BABY! Honestly I did not know what the white blob was at 3:30am this morning, all washed up-COOL!

I know. Somebody “ declared it was bedtime before I could get to it last night.
I am In rabbit hole now trying to figure out what it might have been.
Baby?
Cupid?
Cherub?
Baby Jesus?

Figurine?
Plate?
Nativity?

Gold weight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back